[DISBANDED] Plunder Pirates Groupme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Disbanded

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just a bump! We have several active forum members in the group. We would love for more to join and chat with us!

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Kelani why are you not a part of this yet? (yes this is a rather unashamed bump)

Kelani likes this.
  4. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Lol bear, it's cuz after in game chat, forum chat, plundering, and exploring, I have no more time left in my life. Feeling overwhelmed.

yeti, Gangrene Beard and Tikigirl like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think there is a song about that... Lol.

6. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'm not there because I thought it said Pirates GropeMe. I was rather disappointed :(

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Soon as that becomes possible through a phone....

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Overlooked the thread, I guess. :(

9. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I was planning to join, but its not the right time yet. . .:(

10. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

This is the place the "Chinese guilds" go to "make fun of us", right?

Well, there's that

Edward Kenway likes this.
  11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Nah

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

AtariGeneration members get free cake upon entry to the GroupMe group

Salty Snack and Bear like this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

ANd Tortuga Nest members get free Cookies, @Shonda La 's baking schedule permitting.

Bear likes this.
  14. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Okay, @Edward Kenway, can we get approval from the kitchen for Black Flag crew to get an extra ration of beef jerky to join? (shhh...not really "beef" jerky)

Edward Kenway likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Bumpeth.

Yeah, why are the rest of you not in here? Where else can you see all the forum weirdos do their thing in real time?

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's like live action awesome happening before your very eyes.

17. Come join the GroupMe, guys. On the forum I'm all like totally, immensely serious when I say things like "Ye island shall be crushed" but in the GroupMe chat my lighter side appears. I've already started talking about how awesome my kid is.
    The chat is cool. You can pop in, check what people have been talking about, say something (or not) and pop back out.
    I like it. 9 out of 10 island crushers approve the Plunder Pirates GroupMe chat.

Christy, Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Bear Perhaps the original post needs a mention on how to change your avatar, not the group's avatar? :p I see I'm not the only one who got confused by that. :)

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. If I knew how I would. I logged in with Facebook and it automatically put my avatar

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm. Ok, I didn't use FB, so here's the PC and iOS versions:

While in chat, you may find a Settings option. It's at bottom right (on PC), On iOS, it's a Plunder Pirates icon at top right, followed by a Settings option, and an Edit Group option. (You can change your chat nickname here).

Accessing this Settings screen also appears to allow you to change your avatar, but it actually changes the Group's avatar. This is bad, because it requires Bear to stop what he's doing and fix it. So...don't do that. :)

How to change your avatar in Groupme, without screwing up the group's avatar.

PC: Join chat, click your username at top right, and profile from the drop-down menu. Hit Choose File below the Name/Email blanks, and find the avatar on your computer. Then click Save.
    Note: For me, it kicked out an error when I used a 200x200 PNG image. So one or both of those things may not be allowed. A 100x100 JPG will work, though.

iOS: From chat, hit the < at top left of your screen. Then hit the three horizontal lines in the same spot. Now tap the circle where your avatar would go. Default is a little blue shadow head. This will open your profile. Tap the avatar circle again. You should now see options to Take Photo, Choose Photo, or View Current Avatar. Pick one of those and do what ya gotta do.