Do the ARRR look any different when not armed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Ironfist, May 30, 2018.

1. Captain Ironfist

Captain Ironfist Powder Monkey

Appreciate this may seem like a silly question but do the ARRR appear differently when they haven’t been rearmed? Thanks

2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Not that I can tell. Sometime I try to bait them with one aero or sky to determine, but in general, I use aeros where they can’t reach, except when I send them on a suicide mission to drop a ground pounder. Skies I usually wait to deploy when the arrrs are down or frozen by priestess, if the coast isn’t otherwise clear.

Captain Ironfist likes this.
  3. Captain Ironfist

Thanks, I was wondering if I was missing trick as I use them in my crew but although I attack the odd base without the ARRR seeming to defend, I haven’t noticed anything to tell me they are unarmed! Lol

4. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Maybe someone else knows a trick?? All ears, lol :rolleyes:

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I might have an idea how you can see that if i remember it right from my early farming days with Aeros..... the guns don’t point upwards into the air when they are not reloaded. They look like this when not reloaded —>

Is that right? Or has it changed?

6. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I’ve seen them in the air and not loaded o_O

7. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I can’t see any difference between armed and not.

8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t think they thought it through that far. All the other traps that need re-arming have a noticeable difference if they are disarmed. Voodoo traps and flame gates have the red lines to look for. Mines that have been tripped are shown when viewing an island. I did some looking around and couldn’t tell any difference. ARRRS all point upwards and rotate left and right (armed or not).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  9. Captain Ironfist

Thanks everyone :)

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'll double check this - they are supposed to have a noticable 'inactive' state when they're out of ammo.

11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

YES, they didn't point up into the air when i saw not reloaded ARRRs many months ago :cool:. Now i don't care about them, i don't use Aero's at all, just to slow to cook.

Intimidator likes this.
  12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I’ve seen them pointing up but not shoot when under attack

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Another question...Do ARRRs not need to be rearmed anymore? I have seen them shoot down Aeros in a defensive replay, yet when I clicked on them to rearm it didn’t require anything to reload. @MorganFlint might be able to back me up. It was her attack which she did quite well on that I watched all her poor Aeros get shot down from one of my ARRRs. Not sure if she still has it in her log, she attacks quite often :)

I can’t remember the last time Arrrs needed to be reloaded. With the ph under upgrade, you have to click on all the individual things to reload. So I hadn’t caught it until now.

Edit: apparently they do need rearming. Idk how much they need to shoot at something to require that, but I had two attacks with Aeros and at least one of my ARRRs did fire at least a few times. Still no rearm required. I do have a mate that hasn’t rearmed in a while and he said they do have a rearm on them rn.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    MorganFlint and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

You rearm them from the PH if I remember correctly.

15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Intimidator likes this.
  16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

If you have your ph on upgrade you can’t rearm from there. You must click on each individual weapon until the ph finishes building.

17. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Oooh, nice catch. You can’t.....(hurries to attack while everyone’s arrrs are down....though still can’t tell if they are down... :Do_O:))

18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I haven’t had to rearm and they are still working. I just don’t know how much they need to shoot in order to require a rearm. All the other traps that have been used even a little bit need a rearm every time they get hit. Idk why arrrs are not that way. Maybe mine are just not in a great spot and haven’t had gotten use as much as say my gates which get tripped almost every time.

19. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

One of my guildmates said he can rearm his arrrs individually, by tapping the arrr. His PH is under construction. I will confirm myself in a bit after I take a defense hit.

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

When you “rearm all” via the PH, they rearm. I think they work for several attacks before running out, but no idea how many - depends if attacker used aeros, or a LP that they like to shoot at, ie: Bart.