Donating Comunal Pirates to guild Hall

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Bear, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear

Bear Commodore

I would love to see some kind of pirate donation system set up. Specifically, I would like to see the ability for everyone to donate Comunal troops to the guild hall. Heres how it would work.
    *Guild hall has limited space for all guild mates go donate to one Comunal pool of Pirates
    * Each level guild hall allows you to donate more troops(so the bigger the guild with the higher level guild halls can have a bigger pool of Pirates than say a 5 person guild)
    * the pirate ship now has a guest quarterters where you can invite guest pirates from the guild hall.
    * every ship lvl increases the number of guest pirates that you can invite. (maybe start at 5 and increase in increments of 3 or 5.)

The major benefit to this system is the added help of extra pirates while plundering. But a secondary benefit is the ability to see a donation/invite ratio for your guild mates to tell if they are active or not.

Brink likes this.
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We are looking into troop donation so don't worry, it's on the list :)

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Awesome! Is there a place with a list of projects that are being worked on?

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes, right here on my screen :) Is there a public one? Not currently, but don't worry we're listening to everyone's suggestions on here. It's all a matter of priorities at the end of the day

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Ha. OK. Love the game! Thanks for the reply

6. Kit

Kit First Mate

Ba-dum-tish! :D

Edward Kenway and Admin [Midoki] like this.
  7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd like to imagine that it's a live list where the projects move up the more aspects are talked about in forums or social media, and that it's automatic without any of your control. A programmer in the corner screams "NOOOOOOOOOO" as a new project bumps the one they were working on. The sobbing starts. Everyone goes quiet. The project moves back to the front of the list and everyone screams YAY!

I think I need to get out more.

8. SH302

SH302 Crew

You should make that list public ;) ;)

9. But baby it's cold outside..

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Like Gone With The Wind, No means no.

11. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

i don't know if donating common troops to the guild is REALLY a good idea would'nt then the game resemble too much CoC?

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think so. In clash of clans you are a standalone village with allies in a clan. You get troops donated to you individually to help you individually.

This is more of a Comunal thing. It's like a literal pirates guild where pirates band together and can be called upon for a voyage or quest.

The pool of Pirates donated would live in the guild hall and serve as a reserve for the entire guild.

Almost all games of this genre have a donation system, and I think this method is closer to the theme of the game. Plus there is no system like it in another game since most games donation system is a direct copy of clash of clans. This would help make this game even more distinct and set it apart from the other games of the genre.

Mark'sha likes this.
  13. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

if it is something like that or even a kind of intra guild market of pirates/resource, i understand and appreciate the idea

Bear likes this.
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The problem would be with members abusing the system and wasting pirates

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

That's always a possibility, but if the pirates are tracked by who donates and receives. Then you can police it easily.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Fingers crossed that that would be implemented as well

17. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

But won't it get a little too unbalanced if we can attack with even more troops?

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think it will be imbalanced since everyone can use it. Plus. There have been plenty of times where I've lost. And 5 or 10 extra troops wouldn't have helped. But there are times when if I had 5 or 10 extra troops I could have gotten 1 star. Keeping the amount of troops you can receive low at lower levels will help keep it balanced. Plus the troops you have received should aid in defense of your islan. So you gain defensive and offensive power. Seems pretty even to me.

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

hmm.. Yea well most of these games have this.
    Yea it could work. Would be fun to donate and work more together as a guild:)

Bear likes this.
  20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

i think they would just need to limit how many pirates you could take. No more than 5 per player(at level 1)

Bear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.