Farming BP

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by One-Eyed Willy, Dec 21, 2014.

1. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

When attacking a player's base one can receive up to 20 or so BP for a 3-star victory.

Does anyone know if dropping to a rank of 1 would allow for 3 star victories to still yield 20 or so BP. If this be the case, peeps could attack with 2-3 troops to attain BP at a drastically increased rate.

Anyone have knowledge about this potential technique?

2. Yeah, I dropped to 1 a while back looking for loot at all levels. On my way back up there were plenty of islands I had to skip who had just completed the tutorial and then stopped playing. I had to kill a couple to gain enough PR to start getting more reasonable targets and got 20-21 BP with just a gunner sometimes.

As to the strategy, it might work for academies 1-5, but I can't even contemplate the idea of doing that 750 times for academy 6. That's at least 10 hours of play wasted on the most boring task I can imagine. Much better to just let your boat get it for you and challenge yourself on real bases

ElGordo and Salty Snack like this.
  3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

As Mr. Ba says, it's boring as heck for a decent player. Anything under 300 is. The only ones that drop that low are the ones who haven't figured out the big map BPs.

4. SaK

SaK First Mate

yes bb...this is the way to get bp!!!
    going down and bully the new comers

5. Landon

Landon First Mate

yup

i create gunners all day.. and i raid lvl 1 base with like 1 or 2 of them. In an hour, you could get about 600 or so BP. This beats waiting for the damn fish to spawn and getting your troops to get there. -- time wise

6. SaK

SaK First Mate

but its boring as hell

7. Vince

Vince First Mate

Yes I did that … I can earn 2000BP a day when I have a lot of meetings at my work :p

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Except for the cursed players I mention in y bug report, it's not that hard to get 1000-4000BP per day from fishing/serpent-ing. The fish will usually respawn instantly if you do a short exploration or two after killing one. And if you don't see a 4*, then go get two 3* Biggers on the way to uncovering a map square. When i was in BP-getting mode, I did 2 fishing trips per day, and also tried to get a few squares explored on the same trip (which conveniently help uncover the fishes alternate hiding spots).

I can't imagine having to fund anything, (let alone Acad6) with base attacking alone.

9. Vince

Vince First Mate

This thread is about farming, not fishing ^^

Yes it's easy to get 1K per day with fishing, and if you add this with 2k/day with farming, that's pretty cool :)

Kelani likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Actually, I got more like 3,000/day. :)

Vince likes this.
  11. Vince

Vince First Mate

:p ^^

Maybe there will be legendary pirates that you can update with EP/BP, that will be a good way to spend it :)

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Way back in the day I did both the farming for BP and the fishing. The farming helped the process complete faster but it was tedious for sure. Also, back then I would often earn 1,000-2,000 BP on the level 4 fish. I've started fishing again this week to earn BP in case they introduce a new Academy level. But this go round I haven't earned more then 750 BP and most often it's 250. Anyone out there getting more BP than that lately?

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Tex: You can definitely still get 2,000 BP from the 4* Big, but the frequency has been cut. Most times, you'll get 700 for that one, and 800 for the 4* bigger.

Any of you who don't ever get BP from 4* Fish/Serpents, and want this bug fixed, please log your last 5-10 fishing trip rewards and post them here:

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...-serpents-is-broken-for-certain-players.4678/

Tex likes this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Thanks @Kelani I'll provide an update if my luck changes.
    My current voyage has me on course to take on a 3* bigger fish, then a 4* kracken, and lastly a 4* bigger fish.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

The most frustrating thing is when you spend 20+ hours at sea fishing and get a handful of gems or just some gold/grog. Btw...these adventures would be so much more interesting if everything on map provided BP. I'm sick of eating fish everyday.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

All in one trip?! :eek: I'm...not sure that's possible, man. With a L5 ship and a full boat, the most I've ever been able to manage was one L3 Fish and a L4 Monster. If you pull that off, hats off to you for finding the pinnacle of fishing efficiency.

Now that I have 100% of the map explored, I've found that there's only three 4* fish which always stay accessible. So, if yu uncover their three hiding spots, you can hunt them every day without an issue. The other two fish (on the top right and bottom right parts of the map) have alternate hiding spots that are blocked by a 4* Ghost ship and that 4* Kraken, respectively. I've removed those from my schedule. Too much work.

17. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm loaded up with brutes and bombers. Probably better I didn't have that knowledge before setting sail. Anyways I got 250 BP from the first fish. Currently battling the kraken and will have full results in 12 hours 24 minutes.

Kelani likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Good luck, man. :) Wish you had a witch doctor in there. We figured out that having one along will cut troop losses by around 40%. So, if that trip fails, it may be possible with one of those.

Tex likes this.
  19. Tex

Tex Commodore

Thanks for that tip! Taking notes.

20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've successfully completed epic sails killing as many as 6 sea creatures with at least 2 4* and 2 3*. My best epic sail raised 3800bp. Good luck!

Kelani likes this.