Fish Puns

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Burnz, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I once worked on a game where all the levels were fish-based movie puns. License to Krill; 2001 A Plaice Odyssey; Crabnarok; Prawn of the Dead; Mission Shrimpossible; Prawn to Be Wild; View to a Krill; Krill Bill; City of God...

Captain Monkey and Tikigirl like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Salmon told me that if I played this game next to a fire, I would begin to smelt.

3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Haha, those are great! Was that last one supposed to be City of Cod?

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'd like to participate, but I'm kinda squidish.

Captain Monkey likes this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yes, not quite sure whether that was a typo or over zealous autocorrect!

6. No this ones was good.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Y'all are really making me laugh my bass off.

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

Yea Bear, they're really Kraken me up!

Captain Monkey, Floki and Bear like this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@AngryBeard I would have, but, I was at an actual beach, eating actual fish. :) I'm back now, so a list may be forthcoming. If you still want one, let Minnow. I'll have to Mullet over, because there are so many great ones already posted. Yes, a few were Crappie, but most really show some Pollocks.

Bear likes this.
  10. Burnz

Burnz Captain

"Seize the Day"- Carp Diem

Floki, Kelani and Tikigirl like this.
  11. Floki

Floki Captain

I have had a whale of a time lar fin at all these absolute gold fish puns.
    This thread has not been a skipper at all its got sole..So come on boys and girls you can't eel your way out of it get posting this thread is going to stick around like a barnacle I Gar intee it.
    Oh I cut myself I'm off to see the Sturgeon....Beluger it or not!

Captain Monkey, Burnz and Kelani like this.
  12. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

You gotta be squidding me! Of course I want some.

Kelani likes this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Nope - God has gills

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Orcaward moment, I loach'd my whiff out of the house the other night. She originally cod me at 1:30 am and I didn't wake up until 6:00 am. I thought, "Holy Shrimp! This scampi happening!" I told her I was saury and that I cod leaffish spare key on the perch next time. I had fallen asleep watching The Codfather and she's had forgotten her key. I then said we should dolphinately make more keys, or any fin really that prevented that from happening again. Whale, wouldn't you know I was in a lot of trouble but every fin is good now. I was afraid she was going to krill me. Since I'm a married man I'm sure I'll be herring about this for awhile. It doesn't take a brain sturgeon to see how lucky I was.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

Gangrene Beard wins my vote for most fish-tacular story!

Floki and Gangrene Beard like this.
  16. Floki

Floki Captain

^^Twas a fishy tale with a twist in it's shark tale. Will have to go and mullet over....My crew are such feisty sprats right now they skate all over the deck and are full to the gills with good Kraken rum. Will have to teach them a lesson or to so its back to school you feisty sprats....Oh don't whale and whine there is no slipping through the net this time my potential cat food chums.:eek:

Gangrene Beard likes this.