[FIXED] Game freezing/crashing on boot -- maintenance break

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Sir Bugsalot, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Hey all,

We are aware of the issue, it is being worked out as we speak.
    It has to do with Push notifications, we will keep you all posted once we have an ETA.

Apologies for the break in Plundering, we should be back up shortly!

c00ni and Hajkja like this.
  2. UPDATE! We are coming back now.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  3. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

It stopped happening for me, but sadly it has started again. It only crashes on my iPad, never on the iPhone.

iPad model number MD511LL/A iOS 8.1 32 gigs (5 available still).
    iphone 6, iOS 8.1, 128 gigs

I have reset the app, rebooted the iPad and reset the iPad no luck so far.

4. 4luck2d

4luck2d Powder Monkey

Days later..... What might the status be? Crash upon loading. No play at all

5. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@4luck2d This worked for me. Reset the app, boot the iPad, then turn off game notifications on both devices (Settings/notifications/Pirates!), the game has been solid since I did that.

6. TysonDUB

TysonDUB Powder Monkey

This sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing this morning on my iPhone. It never happened to me when this topic was created, and I was playing just fine before I went to bed a few hours ago. Is the issue back, Chris?

I reboted my phone already. Do I need to delete the app and reinstall?

7. Hey,

We're having some server issues with Rovio products, this is known and being addressed as we speak.

Won't be long!

8. TysonDUB

TysonDUB Powder Monkey

Thanks Sir. I just turned off notifications for the game, and then the game opened with no problem. So I assume it's the same issue from earlier.

9. Red Rackham

Red Rackham Powder Monkey

I have not been able to connect to Plunder Pirates for the last 5 hours - accessing via my iPad. The game is crashing on boot. My fellow guild members are not having a problem when loading through iPhone 6. Is this something that is being addressed or do I need to take some action myself ? Any suggestions ? Thanks

10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Look up a few posts....Turn off notifications, reset the app and reboot your iPad.

11. Red Rackham

Red Rackham Powder Monkey

Thanks Gristle. I already had notifications turned off for Pirates so just did a reboot on the iPad and all good now. Cheers

12. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

No problem, turning them off on all devices seems to be the only fix for now...

13. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Ok this bug just happened to me, i turn off notifications and straight back in. No one in my guild on for last 2 hours so hope this isn't affects everyone

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  14. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We have had a couple of minor server issues today which are currently being investigated

15. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Ok thanks. Chris, main guildies have been seen, did someone fall asleep after all that grog at the award show and forget to turn the switch back "on" :)

16. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

I wish it was that simple o_O We're working on the fix right now and should have it rolled out in the next couple of hours

Hajkja likes this.
  17. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Thanks Chris we appreciate the high level of support you and the team provide :)

18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Exactly. We have much faith that it's being handled well.

19. Shareefo

Shareefo Powder Monkey

I'm facing the same problem :(

20. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Switch off notifications seams to be the only fix atm