Fleet

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Paladinboyd, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Hmm what about the heat rays from war of the worlds they use heat and work in someway similar to the weapon we discuss.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

focused beam - likely a broad-spectrum laser.

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

also - fiction :)

4. As in it said in the book

"in some way they are able to generate an intense heat in a chamber of practically absolute non-conductivity. This intense heat they project in a parallel beam against any object they choose, by means of a polished parabolic mirror of unknown composition, much as the parabolic mirror of a lighthouse projects a beam of light... it is certain that a beam of heat is the essence of the matter. Heat, and invisible, instead of visible, light. Whatever is combustible flashes into flame at its touch, lead runs like water, it softens iron, cracks and melts glass, and when it falls upon water, incontinently that explodes into steam."

Fiction but a very good book and I thought it was a plasma weapon given the power but you can see principle behind the weapon.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I have a friend who developed laser tech for the military for 30 years. If you like, I can ask them to weigh in. Of course, that inquiry might result in my being stuck in a nonexistent CIA prison, but hey, it's all about knowledge, right? :)

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

in this case it seems that the parabolic mirror is being used as a focusing center for the beam of light.
    oh - you mean like when they would test them in the desert because if they overheated they'd start to melt the sand and sink?

7. Feel free to ask if a light base weapon could be made using mirrors and the sun. And as for the CIA I am out of there Jurisdiction you can however use the freedom of information act to keep them at bay. Or cross the border to Canada

Kelani likes this.
  8. Yep like a lighthouse you can see what I'm thinking and let's be fair we had laser tech since the 60's and the desert would be the best place to test them out of the way and nice and peaceful.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Ah 60's military technology....such fun lol

10. Yep so much fun your tax money really made some of the most outlandish weapons ever.

If only the robot army actually worked

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

For solar weapons, the desert seems like a great testing place, but prototype lasers and dust/sand don't mix very well. My friend said all of their tests were done in Southern California, specifically, in labs at an R&D facility for an undisclosed contractor.

12. Hmm solar weapons green and deadly at least the green party will be happy.:)

Area 42 maybe but at least we know they are possible maybe newer lasers could work with sand only time will tell.

And speaking of time it's getting late on my end good night all on the site and hopfully the discussion can carry on tomorrow. :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  13. My brain.. It hurts... So much.. Information..

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Honestly, the ground pounder is already prepped for defending against ships. It's range and power make it perfect. Plus it would make it 10x more useful.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  15. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

In preparation for this eventuality, some are already rotating their GPs to ward off the impending "doom from the sea"
    [​IMG]

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. Yeah. Dumb

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  17. Timotheus#

Timotheus# Powder Monkey

are we completely overlooking the slingshot? by far the best weapon ever!

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Can we launch bombers at ships using human catapult?

Timotheus# and Black-ish Beard like this.
  19. Mind too and I started this

20. Bombers could work we could also shoot attackers to board the attacking ship or we could call Cthulhu.

Tikigirl likes this.