Getting Smashed Break-point

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Gristle, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Just got hit by a 740, so the break point where you can get crushed by any level must be 450 now. If I missed this before you can take away my birthday ;)

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

How much did they take?

3. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Just a couple hundred K of each

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

The problem is that more and more players are dropping rank because there is no good reason to stay ranked high.. So the pool of pirates to be matched against get's smaller and smaller. Thus higher ups in rank keep having to be matched against lower and lower ranked pirates.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's almost like the game attracts cheaters... :)

Bear likes this.
  6. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

Please explain your definition of a cheater. When I load PP there's no "laws/rules" saying "at PH6 you must have 500PR" sorry I must be missing something here!

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

you are correct. There are no rules that say this, but do you honestly think that the game developers designed the game with the intention of having PH6 and PH7 players sitting in the 100-200PR areas? Since the incentives for sitting on top don't exist, players "cheat" by artificially lowering their pirate rank to levels where they will seldom be engaged in battle OR will have a high chance of winning the battle. Then when they need gold/grog for an upgrade, they need only look around in the 100-200PR PH4&5 islands that pose no challenge to them whatsoever. If you don't comsider this cheating then there is no discussion here because I won't be able to change your mind.

I APPY I and Bear like this.
  8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This is not to attack or antagonize anyone. I am just as guilty of these practices and I probably will be until the games incentives are reviewed and it is no longer profitable to sit in those areas.

9. Being attacked by someone with the pirate rank of 740 while being 450 seems absurd and shouldn't be possible.

MorganFlint and I APPY I like this.
  10. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

I hear ya it's not "right" but unfortunately there's no penalty (which there should be) for sitting down there with PH7/6... I don't think PR is the problem it's just its so easy to take from the PH4&5s and the loot so good it's hard not to...

11. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

740 against 450....seems crazy. PH7 vsPH4 seems worse... At least 740 wouldn't take too much PR vs 450...

12. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Happens all the time once I get to 450+, that is when I get slammed by the top 20. Since they are the bread and butter for Midoki (They pay a lot for Gems) it seems to make sense they would keep them happy by letting them hammer people...

Follow the $$$$

I APPY I likes this.
  13. I APPY I

I APPY I Crew

" Follow the $$$" lol!

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sad but true

15. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Chris even said they opened up the gates a little for them because they were complaining...To me though, if you buy your way to the end game you don't have a justifiable reason to complain that no one is there to play with.

MorganFlint and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Couldn't have stated it better

18. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

One more interesting thing...Not sure if this is true or not, but I read that if you are in the top 100 or so that you should use the least amount of troops possible to take the most money, BUT stop short of killing the town hall or hitting 50%.

That way you can smash the same person over and over until they have no gold....because you see repeats so often....especially repeats 300 points lower that you can stomp on over and over again.

I could see how this is possible because shields are not based on how much loot gets taken, but the amount of damage inflicted...This makes it easy if the above strategy is true...They need something in place (short shield maybe for loot taken as a percentage of your total)

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

It has been discussed somewhere about different criteria for shields.. I can't find the thread. I suggested making the PH and ship worth less %. Then distribute the extra % over the collectors and storages. Also drop the shield down to 40%. In Clash of Clans you can get a 12 hour shield at 40% damage. Then if they also destroy your Town hall and get over 50% damage you get a longer shield.

20. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yep, I couldn't find that thread either, but they do not move posts around much in the forum to keep them in order...

When it becomes a written strategy on how you can keep kicking someone when they are down then it really is time to fix it ;)

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.