Global Release date

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Sep 10, 2014.

1. Hang in buddy....just don't start robbing ipads for a fix .;)

Clash pirate and Bill gates jr like this.
  2. litletre

litletre Powder Monkey

Haha! That advice came in the nick of time (as a stroll past the Apple store ;) )

If only 2015 android plunder was here.... Sigh.
    Then I would be on 24/7 :D

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  3. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Is there's any update of the full release for Android and WP etc.. version.:(:(:(:(:(

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

They said on the forum 1st quarter 2015 for Android. Nothing about WP, though.

5. onel92

onel92 Powder Monkey

please hurry release plunder to playstore.. i really want to play in my android

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

First quarter 2015, so if that's still accurate, Shouldn't be too long :)

7. onel92

onel92 Powder Monkey

Thnks i'm in indonesia.. just i will can play. in this month.. thnks thnks midoki
    Oya. How about recomended phone can play this game ?

8. onel92

onel92 Powder Monkey

Thnks i'm in indonesia.. just i will can play. in this month.. thnks thnks midoki
    Oya. How about recomended phone can play this game ?

9. Captain Didwell

Thanks @Kelani , but why is it that there will be no for WP devices? is there something wrong?

10. onel92

onel92 Powder Monkey

nothing ..my device is Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. are this device can play plunder pirates..??

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I have no idea. Rovio recently discontinued development for PC, so it seems they're focusing development to just where the profit is. (iOS,Android). My best guess was that previous titles with WP versions were just to test the market and see if the platform was commercially viable yet. Apparently, it's not, or maybe they're just holding off until Windows 10. I just don't know. Generally, when a software developer doesn't release a title on a platform, it's because it's unprofitable, or simply not profitable enough to deal with the hassle. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  12. ObsCur3

ObsCur3 Powder Monkey

android android android :D ahahah

13. Captain Didwell

So far, I have no idea witch device can be use to play PP since it is not release yet. We will see how in the future.:D

Ohh I see. You have a big point there since the WP is not that demand when it comes this kind of market. Thank you very much.:)

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

As much as I want Captain Didwell to play, as well as many of my friends with Android devices, I saw a huge influx of hacks on CoC after the release of Android. I'm hoping that it won't be the same here. That being said, I believe that the main motivation for dropping PC development is the ease with which players will be able to employ hacking tools.

Kelani likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Can't speak for WP, but for the other Rovio titles, while hacks were always a concern, I'm pretty sure PC was dropped due to the platform being unprofitable. The estimates were PC only accounted for 3-5% of players, and 1-3% of revenue for each game. Even with the higher price for PC versions ($4.95), the platform's higher development cost, and lack of support for IAPs and ingame ads just killed any hope of profit. IMO, Rovio initially extended support to PC after the success of Angry birds to test the waters, and it just didn't pan out. Before they announced the platform drop, Rovio announced they were abandoning several other things to refocus on their core market, i.e. mobile gaming.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You can't surely mean that profit is what drives these companies? MADNESS I SAY!!!

Strike, Kelani and Captain Harlock like this.
  17. Captain Didwell

I read somewhere in facebook about hacking CoC in PC and base to their conversation, is it more easy to do it specially in PC.
    @Kelani I understand your point here since this is business. ;)

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You're both right. It does seem much easier to do on PC and Android, but jailbroken iOS has its own bag of tricks, too :) I've found/reported several exploitable bugs in PC Angry birds games over the past year. But to be fair, most were problems in the games themselves, so they could be replicated on iOS/Android.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  19. Nicole Bara

Nicole Bara Powder Monkey

do we have a release date for Plundet pirates for Android?

20. onel92

onel92 Powder Monkey

when . in this month or not ?