Global World Chat

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Master Pogi, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Old timers like us hate it (educated guess about the old thing) but if its a deal breaker for some they should implement it. I'd rather play in traffic myself but like I said, I'm too old for that nonsense.

Bear likes this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

LOL. It does get rough. But there seems like a hole without it. Disconnected from the rest of the Plunder community. I just got very quick with the mute button in Clash.

3. LYM

LYM Captain

Yes this game is crying out for a global chat, it would be great to say thanks for all that loot you just took.

BTW. We are recruiting in our guild so check us out Guild na even: Atlantis Outlaws 300 pts + to join, must've chatty too.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Bad language is (relatively) easy to minimize. Recently, I gave Midoki a profanity/slurs blocklist I created during my web design days. I can't say if or where it'll ever be used, but if global chat is ever implemented, that blocklist would help make profanity a non-issue. To stop harassment and spam,, you pretty much have to have a Report Abuse feature, where any chat participant may report another member. After that user has been reported X number of times, it temporarily disables their chat function and kicks off a message to the support staff, so they can review the complaint and take further action.

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Sorry, link didn't work to the other thread.

Global chat in CoC is a complete waste. I never venture there. On the other hand, another less popular game (Kingdoms of Zenia) seems to have a successful global chat. It might be because there are fewer people, but I suspect there are several components that keep it mildly successful: Monitoring. They have several systems in place to monitor the chat. Filter that blocks out inappropriate words (just replaces the words with symbols). Reporting by other members of inappropriate behavior. Admins frequently watching the chat. Any inappropriate behavior is causes member to be banned. With banned times increasing with each offense. The main thing is they limit chat to 10x per day per user, if you want to chat more you have to purchase chat tokens with gems. I think it is this aspect of making people pay for chat that helps to eliminate a lot of junk that is found on an all free chat. Also, they have an effective personal messaging system in that game too. What is not known by most is that the personal messages are capable of being monitored. I can only imagine this helps to satisfy some legal requirements. And please, before people start saying global chat and personal messaging is not necessary, just don't use it if you don't want it. It doesn't hurt anyone who chooses not to utilize it. But there are many here that would welcome such additions. As a whole, I believe it will greatly benefit the game.

Gangrene Beard and Kelani like this.
  6. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

-1 to global chat, just increase top 100 guilds to top 1,000 to help recruiting

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  7. LYM

LYM Captain

the problem with coc chat is the random chat rooms, you never get a change to know your rival clans. A game that works for chat is dragons of atlantis. \my no1 alliance "legendary in Plato " look my up LYM.

Anyway in absence of global chat here, I have just started a new guild of plunder called Atlantis Outlaws. It be really good to get some more pirates, we have a great guild but be warned it your not growing expect to walk the plank!!

8. Good points;)

Hajkja likes this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

If it is small chats like coc i don't like the idea. If it's a truly global chat with report and mute functions I think it would be awesome. In a truly global chat it would be self moderated.

10. LYM

LYM Captain

yes agree must be either rank based chat rooms or just one global chat.

11. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Really Good points

12. Yup very good wouldn't you say @Bear

Captain Hakjka and Hajkja like this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Feature will not be added per devs. Please check Master List for details. Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.