Guys! I got a message from Midoki today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteHotBeard, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Statistics is the study of probabilities using improbable math and supported by a lack of scientific method to produce results that can be adjusted towards bias.

2. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Well now there's 4 types of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics and Gangrene Balls.

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This is true

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Of course I know Schrödinger, I'm a cat! The feline world meows of him in hushed tones.

But anyway, I really wanted to see some sexy equations :(

5. Then zero should be able to give us the ratio of bp drops from 4star monsters and ships give us the statistics on the equation be grrrreat:)

swiftpirate likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

All I know is, every time I kill a 4* Bigger fish, I get 500EP and 1000BP. Whenever my guildlings do it, they get 2 Gems. :D

7. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

^ Show off

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Crap. I forgot some of you know how to use the forums. :eek:

p.s. Nice kitty.

9. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Haha, I just remembered another pirate I like better.

10. Ziggy stardust the pirate lol

swiftpirate likes this.
  11. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

That's Halloween Jack. He's a real cool cat. He lives on top of Manhattan Chase.

12. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I could give the stats but I would have to have a poll, from that gather a Z score and Standard Deviation, then I would covert to a P-Score and use InvNorm to find the area to gauge the correlation status with the T-Table,then I would consider the Null and Alternative (H0 and H1) Hypotheseis. If your P-Value was less then .05 of the Critical Value then I would reject the Null Hypothesis.

13. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Of course all of that is invalid since an online poll is a volantary sample which has no validation and not a Simple Random Sample.

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

"Math"

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  15. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Here's the "Math" that I used and what I'm dealing with. This is the formulas table minus the 4 Tables (Z-Score, P-Score, T-Score and Chi Square)

[​IMG]
    I'm on Chapter 10 right now, the Linear Regression Formula.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  16. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

On a sidenote, I'm not sure why I can't post regular sized pictures anymore since I've used the same thing before and never had a problem.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thank you. I think. D

18. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Well you can't see them clearly from those pictures, click on them and you can see the "math" I use. Even knowing what everything means it's still at least a 3 step process for analyzing data and trying to come to a conclusion.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Just to clarify how math-impaired I am, I didn't know how to figure out what 37% of 192 is on a calculator until I was on my mid-20s. :oops:

I love probability, and I love statistics. I even know what a t-test is. But Kel was a music major for a reason. :)

20. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

The best response I've ever got was from my Aunt when I showed her what I was doing. After staring at the sheet with a blank expression for 15 seconds she looks up at me with an expression of that like a deer in the headlights, she politely and with a sense of confusion asks/states : "Is this math?" That right there sums up my thoughts in the most simplestic, honest way I could ever hope to describe it. I even somewhat know what I'm doing and I still feel the same way as she did.