Heavy gunners and priestesses. Their purpose?

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Lygmoo, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Excellent idea. Perhaps make it "become non-detectable by enemy defenses for 5-10 seconds after you trigger this Special". 5-10 seconds seem reasonable (not too OP). If nobody has made a thread out of this already, perhaps you should go ahead and do so :D

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  2. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

You wouldn't want it non-detectable for 5-10 seconds after you trigger the special, that'd be worse than what it currently is.

The key to what Kelani was trying to say is, after you attack a storage structure. Another words the thief stays invisible for 5-10 seconds after the first hit on the grog or gold storage.

I think 10 seconds, heck even 5 seconds would be a bit much. More like 3 seconds. They attack really fast. Mortars do seem to nuke them right way after becoming visible thou.

Basically my horde of gunners are my Thiefs. They can even attack from a range of 5 and over walls, which the thief can't do.

3. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

I see, I agree with what you said. Have them go invisible/undetectable after the first hit on the building. They attack fast but their damage stats are low IMO.

In a serious raid I would just use gunners rather than thieves to get loot.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I really agree with your take on this - and later when you said 3 seconds. They should still be vulnerable to losing their ability from trap/splash damage

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

3-5 seconds could work. Add in the time for the mortar-cannon shot to splatter them, and they'd at least get grab a few resources.

I'll be glad to post a new feature request, y'all just back me up at some point :)

6. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

I posted some thoughts about thieves over in this thread:
    Although, full disclosure: I cut them out of my army when I integrated heavies. I may add them back in when they're leveled up some more.

7. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Sure will :)

Thanks for the advice :D Next time when I use Theives, I will bear that in mind.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore