Heed The Call, Midoki!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Read the forums! Lots of top players getting bored. Emergency response needed. Give us wars, give us new content, whatever, just give us a reason to keep playing. Too good of a game here to let it die on the vine. Players and guilds are getting inactive. Don't bother with the Santa suits; give us new content! Once you lose players to other games, they rarely come back.

SaK, Spherique, Edward Kenway and 4 others like this.
  2. I hear you, but out of 5million ill say 1% are full maxed or near it going by bases i see in the 500 and up.it will be the 99% that midoki play to. That's just good business play to the masses. When majority are at this point then it will be more of a focus. I trust midoki on its game plan, my accounts will wait patiently . I do feel what you posted and dev team may surprise us we will see.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. Vast majority of bases are not maxed and not bored. And we are on the verge of a new update with guild content. Just be patient. And honestly. If some players leave the game because they are maxed and bored. It's not going to hurt the game.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  4. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Well, I didn't say majority. I just said lots of high level players are getting bored. I'm around 500 rank and I see base after base of maxed defenses (except for walls). My guild is about half nearly maxed defenses and has gotten very quiet. I understand there is an update coming, but with the memo saying pirate name changes, I'm skeptical of something earth shattering. There are lots of the top players whose bases look like they have quit based on their designs. They just need to add something that keeps people with long upgrades coming to the game, whether it's global chat, wars, single player maps like Samurai Seige, whatever, just something. Right now all my upgrades are 4 days. So I log in like once or twice a day.

5. Gnommentary

Gnommentary Powder Monkey

I understand your complaint, but this is just one of those things that is a perennial gaming issues. The players on the bleeding edge of content consumption always end up bored. Unfortunately I don't think this is going to change because I don't think it is possible economically for most studios to put out new content as fast as this small segment of the gaming community would like it.
    Like some have already said, Midoki has to keep up with the bulk of active players. I'm not sure what % of the 5 million accounts are active or where they are progression wise, but I would say it's pretty safe to say they aren't anywhere close to PH 7 being maxed.

Smelly_Vile and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  6. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I totally agree with you, there needs to be some new content, whether that be guild wars or some sub content to keep interest between troup build times and building build times. I think the MAJORITY of gamers (rather than the 5 million players) are waiting to see how this game develops and are SUPPORTING it while Midoki finds its niche (USP). The gamers will be the ones who are top guild leaders, will provide tips and tricks to help the noobs and make it more interesting and interactive for the 5 million!, and keep chat going so ppl want to keep coming back.

I must say though that i never played CoC but i certainly don't want a copy! Gamers will get bored quick if that is the route as a lot of gamers are from that game that are here! If the devs go down that route i think we will be faced with the same lack of chat in guilds as ppl get towards ph6/7.

DEVS PLEASE
    Bring on Guild Wars but be inventive, fresh and inspiring.

Bring on sub games - to keep ppl online and chatting.

Daddy P and .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. like this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Don't forget that Android isn't even here yet. That'll be a pretty big influx of new players for us to beat up on.

8. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

My view is not based on nbr of ppl, whilst we all know it is tough at top and you meet the same guys over and over.
    It's the time between plunders and build time
    Bring a subgame of battleships that you can bet plunder on! Or something!

9. I must conclude looking at our guild that people are anxious for new content. And every time they get it they play it as much as they can until more new content is released. And so on and on. It works okay for us although most of us are near maxed.

Daddy P likes this.
  10. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I know I'm by and large preaching to the choir, but my guild desperately needs an influx of new content. Too many players are rarely logging in at this point due to having a maxed or near maxed base.

Daddy P likes this.
  11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

+1. I love this game, but I have to say that we need more content asap. And not just one or two more buildings and a new pirate, we need a new pirate hall with a whole new ''set'' of upgrades. Defences, collectors, etc. I don't think we will get it for christmas, I doubt it, but the next update has to contain something more, thats what I feel.
    Once again, I love this game, but make me love it even more!! :D

12. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

It's way more than you think. Its becoming a major issue and needs to be addressed yesterday, we all are noticing less activity in our guilds. The game is awesome but it's way too small. I started September 22nd, I've spent very little, never used gems for resources and I am maxed walls and all. That's crazy fast and I tried to drag it out this last month. I could have maxed in less than 2 months if I wanted. They need to add way more content.

Daddy P likes this.
  13. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

My experience as well. PP could use 3 more levels easy, probably a new map, and some content to keep busy with during upgrades and voyage times. Dying guilds is a real problem. Mine went from non-stop chatter (30 entries not being enough to keep up) to almost nothing. People's bases are still progressing, but there is nothing to keep them online once they hit PH7.

14. Someone made a good point in other thread wonder if it's true, if every one played at the rank there base was built up to and not dropped down to raid loads of grog and gold would they be maxxed ?Most would say no. I bet most max bases didn't gem as stated by a few here, but they for sure didn't build up base in the top 100, because resources are thin up top even over 500 it gets tuff. Most dropped down stood big fish in small pond and maxxed out faster than if fighting at higher ranks. I bet most wouldn't be maxxed if they fought in even classed ranks. Wish I could find that thread they said it better.

15. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Isn't that the art of farming? Why go high with thin resources if the goal is to build up so you can compete at the higher levels? In CoC, before they wrecked the game, the overwhelming majority of players played low. When I started here, everyone told me to stay under 200 rank--sound advice at the time. There is a thread about sub-200.

16. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yes. We need ph8 now with ph9 on the following update. Wars will help but it wont be enough. People want an end game goal that they can see but cant touch yet.

Daddy P likes this.
  17. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Right but the vast majority of players don't care about being on top in any of these games. 5 million players and your talking about the top 100. Most if us like farming and moving to the next ph level. Thats what keeps us coming.

Daddy P likes this.
  18. That's my point most wouldn't be maxed if it wasn't for that game design, I'm sure they knew players would do that, but with not offering any bonus for higher rank made it even more of reason to farm low and build up faster than they expected I bet. But again most of the players are not maxxed and not pushing for new stuff, so we will see what they do. I too want more stuff but see the game plan in place already,As for Santa brute with special attack i like it bring it on.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Atarigeneration has seen no slack in active players. And I've been raiding in the 500's for two weeks now and come across plenty of bases that are not maxed.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  20. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

So do you think the rate at which they're adding content is appropriate long term? I'm not sure you can make that argument. A sky raider troop and a pirate catcher in 3 months? Not nearly enough even for those playing casually.