How much BP? Latest game update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McQ, Dec 4, 2017.

1. McQ

McQ Captain

Interestingly when I see so many comments on the forum with players struggling with BP that today’s update has jacked up the costs of funding perks hugely. If you have a maxed blacksmith that’s now a whopping 2000bp for 5%. Even those of us with a lot will burn through it super fast now and it’s a steep cost for developing players (even with the lower costs of lower level buildings) when they are still saving for academies, lighthouses, mortars, lp’s etc etc

Ps. No snow again?:(

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We are giving out a lot more BP from battling/more EP form exploration now (and also from Daily Rewards), so regular players should be able to amass BP and EP a lot more easily. However, we will be keeping a close eye on the economy as we've made some fairly hefty changes, and making further tweaks over the next month or so if required.

No snow yet!

3. McQ

McQ Captain

Ok thanks @Lynsey [Midoki] if it’s more readily available too then great.

Pretty please on the snow too!

4. From what i've seen so far the extra bp being given out is tiny compared to the far greater amount now required for upgrades and perks.
    I have one mine left to upgrade, pre-upgrade it was $1.6m to upgrade, now it's $1.6m and 5,000 BP to upgrade, obviously this will now never happen (like the last level of the stunning mortars) as the BP is too rare to use on a mainly useless (and expensive to reload) mine.
    I've finished nearly everything except for the northern map and LPs upgrades, if i was still midway i think tonight's upgrade would have made me give up. BP was a problem, now it's a huge problem. EP was never a problem, i have half a million EP and very little to use it on.

As for the costumes - meh. People who spend real money on a virtual coat for a virtual character (even in a good game like this) are mentally certifiable imho.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

It would be interesting to see the actual numbers. Previously I got 21bp per battle and I don't know how much 1 donation cost was, but I wanna say like 350bp. That would mean 17 attacks for 5% of perk funding. Now I get 120bp per battle and ur saying the blacksmith costs 2k for 5% given those numbers, I'd say a similar number of attacks would be needed to fund 5%

6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

My mini at ph 9 tg level 2 needs 1000BP for 5% donation! That is crazy! Who will donate 5000BP for 25%!!! Nobody!!!! and nobody does attacks when perks are not working! Win win or lose lose???? for who? We can't afford the perks, no attacks, no LP upgrade, nothing! That was a very stupid thing to do from Midoki! You will NOT force me to do attacks that I found perks only! I want upgrade my LP's, need BP for academy level ups...
    TG in my Finnish guild is standing still since over 2 hours.... 70% done... not all players are every day online, only We very active ... We got kicked with that tweaking in our butt's!

Becker Redbeard and 850arrr like this.
  7. Broadside

Broadside Crew

So far I intensely dislike the update. Worse than no update. The BP cost for blacksmith was the clincher: insane.
    LP upgrades use the rarest gimmick costume to upgrade a tiny amount that adds to something significant enough to message with balance at level 10. I haven't seen any new BP, and the chest giving 1 of each (?). So yeah, I'm angrily considering my options after months of grinding BP and accidentally splurging on bloody blacksmith.

8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

In our guild the maxed players did the blacksmith gold donations, they have no need for it anymore and all was fine until today

9. DrBrown

DrBrown Powder Monkey

The blacksmith used to cost $250k gold for 5%. I could get that in one battle. Now at 2k BP, I have to put in 18 attacks that I 3 star. That's only the blacksmith, not everything else that now costs BP. Midoki if you want to up BP cost you need to increase BP gains proportionally.

850arrr likes this.
  10. Paul_TWD

Paul_TWD Powder Monkey

Midoki, if you want to encourage members of every guild to fund the blacksmith,you should lower the limit of gold, say 10% max.. Not by changing the gold to 2000 bp per fund.. This is NOT to us developing players and guild.. Please update again and change this...Thanks

Morgan Ford and Becker Redbeard like this.
  11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Absolutly that must be changed !! With that costs is development not possible, i just started to get the needed BP for my LP's from attacks and rumble rewards... and now I should put 5000 BP for perk donation?

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Apologies! I've just checked the spreadsheet of doom and it looks like the wrong values are currently in the live version. We hope to have this fixed asap.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

What that means? Back like it was before? perk donations?

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

The Blacksmith will still be BP, but is supposed to have a slightly more reasonable 750BP per contribution at the max level.

EDIT: Not just the Blacksmith, the other perk buildings also need their contribution amounts correcting.

15. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

MORE Reasonable? 750BP for 5%??? Or for How many % the 750BP?

Why you changed his donation to BP in first place? GOLD!!!! and observatory was the one with BP too

Level 2 Observatory 500k gold for 5%?
    level 4 PC 2000 EP for 5%?
    Level 4 BS 2000BP for 5%

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  16. Paul_TWD

Paul_TWD Powder Monkey

Now the question is...what will happen on those bp's that wer funded before the maintenance?? Will it be refunded to those who fund it or not???

K.K.Lassig likes this.
  17. Wow, Midoki... I cannot believe you can say with a straight face that this is in any way a good thing.
    Using any BP for a lousy 5% contribution to a perk (I don't care if its 2000 or 750)? Are you SERIOUS?? When BP was the most limiting currency BY FAR?!
    So, the Blacksmith (and any perk that consumes BP) is now effectively USELESS, because nobody will ever fund it again.

And please, don't give me your line about how much more generous you're going to be with BP in the future, cuz I ain't buying it!
    I opened up those free chests you gifted -- got maybe 2000 BP... from chests that cost 400 gems.
    Is THAT the grand improvement you were so proud of?...
    I was just buying some of the old chests (the cheapest of which was 40 gems) right before the upgrade -- I could buy 10 of them for that and got MORE BP than that (about 5K). And I bought 2 of the cheapest new chests (now 150 gems) just now and got NO BP at all -- just useless EP. So, it really does NOT seem to me that you are doling out BP any more generously now. It costs MORE and we get LESS.

Well, to hell with that. I used to buy gems for this game and felt good good about it, because I was supporting a game that I loved and that I thought supported its players. I don't know what happened to you guys, but you went down the wrong path somewhere down the line... and you're sinking this game.

If you had meant to craft an upgrade designed to completely TICK OFF and turn off your player base -- well congrats, Midoki, you did it.

18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Agree, switching the blacksmith to being funded by BP is straight mad :confused:

19. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Schoolboy error! :)

I will give it a few weeks to see how the changes play out... Give it a chance... hopefully you also have some new gameplay too soon... the events and rumbles are getting a bit stale...

Morgan Ford, ScoopyWP and 850arrr like this.
  20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Good points, the initial sticker shock always stings, though I still think its odd to change it this drastically.