How much BP? Latest game update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McQ, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

An interesting idea. That said 10% means only 10+ player guilds can have perks.
    Either way, tough to be a small guild- seems to be the only play style which is regularly handicapped.

By the way, for guild events scalable targets by guild size has been suggested.
    Perhaps scalable perk costs by guild size could be considered <— GENIUS ALERT! GENIUS ALERT!

850arrr likes this.
  2. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

For a mob that made such a good game, it’s hard to believe they could screw it so effectively. Or has the real brains of the operation left?

3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Gold should still be the currency for Blacksmith and EP for the observatory. BP have always been a problem, as stated many many times, and should not be used as a perk currency

Superenigmatix and 850arrr like this.
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Exactly, BP don't grow on trees for god's sake.

5. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Ok, I'm seeing 1000bp for each 5% on BS and 600bp for TG. 1000ep for PC is less bad for me because stockpiled, but I remember the time it took to save 100kEP for lighthouse as a starter player. In a pretty awesome guild these perk costs are insane. In a small guild you'd just quit. 24hrs in I've had one 2k+ BP haul and it's mostly missing from sailing for me as well. Can't save for LP and contribute. So maybe this game for me is dead in the water.

Edit: the 1000 BP BS cost is before the announced "correction" whatever that meant, and 600bp TG is now, since "correction".

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As mentioned in the release notes, the amount of BP/EP earned from battling and exploration has been drastically bumped up (as well as being reduced on certain buildings). We'll be monitoring the economy over the next week or two to double check that these changes balance out, and make any further tweaks as needed.

7. K.K.Lassig

K.K.Lassig Crew

Sure I played all day off 3 k bp. Great right WRONG spent more than that funding the frieaking blacksmith. And that gets funded everyday. All you did was give superguild players with minis a huge Donald Trump tax cut for the rich. How badly you are hurting the casual player. After all these years 3 of my old BRITISH BULLDOGS have quit the game because of this update. If it's happening in my guild it's got to be worldwide. midoki I'm sorry to say I think you shot youreself in the foot.

850arrr and Taipanfan like this.
  8. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I hope you have a week or two, because if you have read any of the threads today, you might realise people are not happy. We have PH5’s and above saying they might as well quit because of your (Midoki) actions. Once they’re gone, it’s hard to get them back if not impossible. But still you go on with your Public Relations line instead of listening to what your customers want. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes!

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Why the hell can’t you just listen to us Midoki. We don’t like what you’ve done. Just admit you’ve got it wrong. We’d actually respect you for admitting it. Reverse the changes, use our suggestions to work updates.
    We’ve tried to warn you because we love the game. YOU ARE KILLING THE GAME.

10. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Not gonna fully agree with this. They did listen when it came to rebalancing levels for things like the silo. There is nothing wrong with the new chest and costume system. Just reduce perk prices... that is all the needs to be changed, the whole damn update doesn't need reverting.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  11. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Okay, there’s one person that likes new pointless chests, and dress up outfits. I think most would like the upgrades suggested in so many other posts. But stick with the new system simply because Midoki want more people in the guilds sharing the funding (the stated reason for changing the funding levels).

12. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

You can’t please all of the people all of the time... whatever changes they make, there will always be a vocal group who are against the changes.

Midoki have said they will monitor the changes and have already committed to change the perk funding to more respectable levels but still ensuring that more players contribute to funding perks rather than the usual 2-4 players that were required.

Midoki will be fully aware if people are leaving the game or stop playing it after this update... at this stage, I will continue to play...

peg-brain bob, Cocobean and 850arrr like this.
  13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

In my mini guild the TG stands still now already for many hours, because We can't afford it. I put 1200 BP, but haven't done even one attack today... workday.. now We would have time to play... but no.... nobody can't put more BP, because We all need it for developing our island and pirates... that stops now too or very soon! We have smaller ph's they also struggle to gather all they need to upgrade their island. We got addicted to the perks, they have magical powers, but only if they work and that Is Midoki now using against us.

Midoki, are you sure that this so called economic tweaking was that kind of new feature We wanted?
    Please, take that INSANE perk funding back! The whole thing! Undo it! You drive many more players AWAY! We have to give up, because it is it no werth anymore to even try! :(:(:(
    The chests are okay and also the outfits, but you take much more from us with this update than you give back! And you depend on us and our money what We are spending when We buy gems! But if there is no reason to buy them ....o_O

850arrr likes this.
  14. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

Why pride yourself on the increase in bp n ep for attacks/sailing when it doesn't even compare to the increase in everything else? Look at things 360 degrees! Look at the big picture rather than "but but but we increased it" repeated story. Obviously you have gone too far and total unrealistic in your perks. Chests - fine whatever. Outfits - don't care. Costs? LUDICROUS!! You say you lowered costs on certain building but forgot to say you ADDED to others!. I think by response in this and other threads is telling you NOW to tweak it...not wait a couple weeks so you come back and simply say, everything is fine...it obviously isn't! Leave everything else in the update the way it is, it's not a big deal but put perks back to how they were!! All you are doing is frustrating the players you have left and in a couple weeks,,,well, at this rate, who's to say how many will be left.....but it honestly seems you don't quite care that much.

WOLLIMAUS, Taipanfan and 850arrr like this.
  15. Admiral slapped u around

Admiral slapped u around Powder Monkey

16. Admiral slapped u around

Admiral slapped u around Powder Monkey

My bottom half u are if u was then it would be at the very least 200bp per win that's making the game but oh well I like the game ENOUGH TO STAND at this pirate Hall for life

17. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

It must have been that metric conversion. Remember to carry the one and then reduce by 50%.

850arrr likes this.
  18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Why you added a huge amount of EP for upgrading goldmines and grogdestilleries? From lev 11 to 12 it is 4000 EP and the gold/Grog and to level 13 it is 5000EP. For lower ph players that will be a big shock, because they need the EP for lighthouse upgrades, a lot! Not logical at all! The whole island developing slows more down if someone wants also max all pumps and mines at every ph level... I have only 1!!! maxed grogdes. and not even one maxed goldmine yet. I will put that on hold now. My last lighthouse upgrade is more important. Maybe later i upgrade them too. Until then I go and borrow from my fellow pirates what i need ;)

19. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

My guess is beacause players were complaining they had all kinds of ep and there was nothing to spend it on. Be careful what you wish for.

McQ and Sea Patriot like this.
  20. MesaJim

MesaJim Powder Monkey

I think there just needs to be a better balance, and something for the long term players who have nothing to spend on except, re-arming and perks!? New LPs (2 empty cells), new buildings, new pirates. All of these have the "Coming Soon" tag, but have been there for a very long time. I admit I may have over-reacted to yesterday's update and am still assessing, but when there is nothing to get pumped about, it does make you think.