I wonder if Midoki know the meaning of “soon”?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taipanfan, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Apparently there’s an update coming “soon”. There’s stuff in the market coming “soon” too (has been forever) but that button is so covered in dust I can’t find it anymore.
    So Midoki, what do you think “soon” means, and when can we expect the update you’ve been teasing us with?

2. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Maybe not a definitive date but perhaps a vague next week, next month, next year reply?

3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Soon (TM) is a well known in-joke used by all games developers... of course they understand its meaning!

However I do feel sympathy for any naive gamers who confuse Soon (TM) with soon. :oops:

Edit: @Lynsey [Midoki] pls can the BB Codes for superscript be added to the forum! ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. Ian

Ian Commodore

SOON = a little later than now, but sooner than later :eek:

Heatmiser4, Intimidator and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  5. Floki

Floki Captain

Snoring ..... rolls over mumbles continues to snore....

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Good things are worth the wait. So unlike me, but I would rather have a butt load of content all at once than a smidge and have to wait again in a month for new stuff! Waiting patiently for now....next week I might grumble who knows. I am getting the itch to spend and upgrade something:D Any chance we will get an update to drop with a guild plundertime event? That would be super sweet, unless....there’s a new one? ;) Idk if I could contain myself in that case.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    850arrr and Sea Patriot like this.
  7. Floki

Floki Captain

Not sure I like your term Butt Load... .. ... . .:eek:

Intimidator likes this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Bad choice of wording I suppose :rolleyes:

9. Sion Sigrid

Sion Sigrid Powder Monkey

Getting tire

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Not long now.. very soon.. :rolleyes:

11. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

This is beyond a joke now. I think announcing this update early with no further details is actually doing more harm than good. I do hope soon actually means soon.

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's a bit of conundrum, because if we hadn't have said that we were working on Pirate Hall 12 and stayed quiet instead, then people would have been complaining that we weren't working on any updates. ;)

13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I believe the teaser hit the game March 22nd (give or take a day). It did seem a lot longer than that. As long as the game gets an update before Facebook, I should be able to hang in there a bit. :) A best guess-timate would be helpful though.

MorganFlint likes this.
  14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Put your money on bookface

15. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

That would be in about 1 year and 8 months the next necessary FB update... :confused:

Are you sure you will/can be that patient if not SOON something happens o_O ? @Intimidator

hopefully the game update comes ... SOONer ;) ... :D next month maybe? :rolleyes: that is SOON too :) or next year :( that can be also SOON :p

MorganFlint and Intimidator like this.
  16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

;)
    Lol, heck no I would not wait that long, but I’m trying to be positive. Let’s see how long I can manage. Everyone knows I love fb oh so much so I wanted to throw that in my post ;) I have to be me so a little sarcasm comes through in my attempt at positivity.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  17. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

What kind of tire? :O

Intimidator likes this.
  18. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

We never want to cause a conundrum. However, when my wife says soon, there is a reasonable expectation that it won't be 3 months..never mind...HAHAHA

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    WOLLIMAUS and MorganFlint like this.
  19. It’s happening tomorrow. I have it on good authority from RogerTheCabinBoy of real pirates fame. You know, the one who shamelessly spams his guild on the forum. :D

20. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Well it must be right then!