Individual ranking.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by LYM, Jul 3, 2015.

1. LYM

LYM Captain

In my opinion the current ranking system is not as honest as it could be with individual ranked very very high but we never ever see them when you plunder, even when i have been 850+.

rank 1 1400 +
    rank 2 1111
    rank 3 1111
    rank 4 1007

Now when i have been 850+ i still get attacked by people at 500s and not rumble matches.

now my suspision is that these people fight and then put shield on and never defend unless one of there team mate attack them to purposlly lose and bump them up.

midiko can you look into the top 4 players and investigate and action IF any wrong doing. I suspect all is not good.

can you also advise how the matches for battles are calculated,

i personal think that you should lose points for not being open in some way other that a setup defend.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree, unfortunately you are probably correct in that it is game manipulation rather than any from of hack/cheat. Either way, the game is not being played at it was intended and I turn devalues it for everyone else.. The leaderboard has been a joke for such a long time now...

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Midoki doesn't care. They have said in the past they are going to let them get away with it becuase they use a lot of gems.... Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame! Care about your game!

4. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

If someone wants to keep paying not to play (I.e. Perma-shield) then that isn't cheating or even gaming. Very annoying but it is a clearly built in option to do this.

If it is physically keeping screen open with some gadget or maybe a jailbroken app then iffy.

I can't see ability to buy shields taken away. Unshielded islands just kept open could have forced available to attack status for a period every so often, that has been done in numerous other games. Also maybe a timeout between shields.

5. yeti

yeti Captain

There is a cooldown on buying shields so there actually isn't an option to buy perma-shields already unless I'm missing something...

6. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

[​IMG]
    Wow, that was big! 28 day cooldown on 7 day shield is more than fair. Other manipulations being used.

7. Becker Redbeard

Ian likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

I agree @Becker Redbeard these two threads are very similar and cover the same subject. the easiest way to resolve this is to suspend their accounts (or remove their positions from the leader board, which is what they really like) until they can explain their methods of playing. Just as you would be 'nudged' or 'demoted' in-game by the Captain to get your attention. If legitimate, return their status; if not... then BAN.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

There are legitimate ways to keep your account active 24/7. Don't attack the player for working within the rules set up by Midoki, nudge Midoki to change the rules.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

What legitimate ways?

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

I guess it's only a point of view on the terms like 'legitimate' and 'working within the rules'. The simple fact is that, any way you look at it the game is NOT being played in the way it was intended.. But am sure if you need Midoki to spell out every rule and close every loophole, bug, glitch. But until then keep playing and enjoy the rank..

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

It is not isolated to one player or one guild. The suggestions to verify activity by typing in an easily recognizable word every hour or so is a valid suggestion. I guarantee there are several people protecting resources using this design oversight.

13. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder Powder Monkey

Ph 8 rank 70 attacked my ranked 250 PH 5

Make better ranking system..... Pls.

14. yeti

yeti Captain

Was it a rumble rival?

15. Bob the Builder

16. Bob the Builder

No

17. Becker Redbeard

The change of rules, fixing of leaderboard with activity popups etc has been suggested many times, many threads. There are a lot of suggestions buried in lengthy threads which stray off topic, but I guess I just contributed to the problem...:D

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  18. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Either way their May be an explanation of 24 hour play. But 72 hour or 189 hours or 400 hours is not legitimate. And that is what first place has done and midoki does not care about their game or the legitimacy of their game. This diminishes the quality of the game. This game is ruined by lazy oversight! I really hope they realize it does much more harm to their reputation then good for their pocket books....

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Maybe it's an investor that just bought special perks...

20. Becker Redbeard

I Will Come Back has been out of his always online shield for a few days now, but his rank is unchanged.
    It either involves some other trickery or his rank is too high for most to hit. (Or maybe he bought a 1 week shield only to go back to his constant online afterwards - he's a fraud regardless).
    I think I saw J. Flint come up as an option when I was in mid 700s and he was just over 1000, but spent a little time in 800s and never saw a 1000+ option to attack again. Perhaps 1384 is too high to reach?
    I'd say if you rank PR 800+ (Currently ~top 50 worldwide) you should be able to attack any PR above you even if it's a manipulated 2000 like earlier nonsense. Or pick PR 850 (top ~20). It would be nice to see some change and a fair fight.
    I agree the leaderboard manipulations have been a black eye for the game for too long. It's strange why they've persisted so long.

War Koala likes this.