Is the Rumble Matching Ever Going to be Corrected?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Sea Patriot, May 1, 2017.

1. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I think it could be taken into consideration,
    Last 5 rumble scores, overall combined guild rumble points and lastly average amount of points for top 10 members points, earned in the last 5 rumbles. It may seem similar some of those 3 suggestions but i think that leaves little room for manipulation, I can't see 5 rumble worth of intentional losing, to get a win or 2 ? Before being pushed back to where they should be.
    I'm open to suggestions to improve my current theory.

2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The manipulation issue (as has been stated on other threads on this topic) is that creating guilds is very easy.
    Therefore the top guilds could create a new version of themselves whenever they fancied an easy matchup - keeping a placeholder in original guild so it is ready when they fancy a tough match.

I very much like the suggestion of opt in/out setting for rumbles. I would like this even more if Captain/QMs had an override facility - in case someone left themselves opted in & then went AWOL.

The concept of tracking players previous rumble scores is intriguing & would lend itself to something much harder to manipulate:
    - keep guild matching criteria as they are (i.e. guild size & PH distribution)
    - but also include combined average rumble score (of all participants)

That way players are free to move between guilds at will and yet rumbles will always be against similar opponents (or as similar as time limit/criteria relaxation allows).

Intimidator likes this.
  3. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

Creating a new guild wouldn't mean too much, as stated tracking player scores would mean that they would be matched against similar players.
    Furthermore we could go as far as saying, new guilds are unable to rumble for 3-7 days to prevent manipulation.
    The saying, have an answer for everything isn't always a bad thing lol.

4. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Rumbles and streaking both have their issues. The mm is always going to struggle because there's not enough guilds. Small guilds are so badly disadvantaged in terms of perks, scouting, guild events, I'm surprised they persist at all. Growing, merging, and moving to bigger brighter places is where the game sets the incentives. Resistance is futile!