Known path finding issues/stuck units/skipping walls/etc

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Sir Bugsalot, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Hey all,

We are very much aware of the path finding issues in the current build -- these are being handled.
    - Stuck units
    - Units walking through walls
    - Units flying over walls (mortar)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Bear like this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll be sure to quote this post as the "calls" come in. Thanks for being attentive guys

3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Any hint about time frame? Jugg freezing seems to be getting worse for me. Last raid I sent 4 juggs all froze in various stages, a couple of them freezing in the gunners range placing them under the mortars. I'm getting fed up with it.

4. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Not only is there a question of a time frame, but there is a question of making people whole.

At the end of the day, you've created an otherwise engaging game, but that has a (fairly) serious flaw. You put out one fix already, and people (in good faith) supported you. So where do you and Rovio go from here?

5. Soma

Soma Powder Monkey

I have experienced the same as @donkeykilla , I were not able to plunder a big loot, due to the fact all of my juggs froze.
    I won't go to battles with them in the near future... I hope the problem will be solved.

6. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Fun new one today. I dropped a jugg and poof! Vanished into thin air never to be seen again (except on the replay of course :). First time that happened to me.

7. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

I noticed, a Juggernaut needs in the replay only 3 hits to destroy a lvl 5 Wall (1400 hit points).
    He comes from Academy lvl 4 and my stonemasson was active.
    And the light of the wall change from green to red even between hits.
    Strange replay at all, one Juggernaut stand inside a canon, another inside a grog storage.
    I don't believe replays anymore.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Best not to for awhile.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Those words echo a despair like a child finding out that Santa is not real, or watching George Lucas' remastered star wars Blu-Ray...

Sigil and Gangrene Beard like this.
  10. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

The replays are a good way to see what your juggs would have done if you hadn't recruited lazy ones.

11. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

And you should have been aware of them with proper Q&A before issuing a much-delayed update you claimed would fix these problems but in fact did not. Disappointing.

12. Elementary student

Elementary student Powder Monkey

• Stuck units still happening after Halloween update
    • Battle replay sometimes not playable.
    • Cannon overheated (After loads of shots) it stopped firing

13. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Jugs stuck when deploying and stand still after brutes open wall. Lost battle and army because 10 jugs wouldn't fight. Very sad

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Soon...

15. Christopher Knox

Christopher Knox Powder Monkey

This is absurd. It's bad enough when a jug gets shell-shocked and won't go anywhere beyond the beach, but when THREE witch doctors stay behind for the entire battle to offer him moral support while the rest of my guys get mowed down, it's infuriating to say the least. Also, this has been an issue for a LONG time now.

16. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Agreed

Pretty much why I don't use Jugs or WD in a raid army. I really don't think WD are getting stuck. They tend to follow the closest troop to them when they are dropped. So if they follow a Jug and he freezes the WD A.I. Is to dumb to realize and stands there with him till the end of raid.

Bucs,Guns, and Brutes - all other troops either have bugs or need a serious tweek to make them worth the cost, or even taking up a supply slot.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Sigil likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

And just to echo a workaround I posted in the other threads on this subject. You will get drastically fewer stuck Juggs if you deploy them one at a time, and in a slightly different spot. i.e. Don't stream deploy Juggs with Tap+Hold.

I have deployed hundreds, maybe thousands of these guys, and using this method, I've had exactly three get stuck.

18. Sigil

Sigil Powder Monkey

Agreed. I hate to be negative, but this game feels very much like a beta. The units are buggy and inconsistent in their behavior.

19. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

This is a good tip. If I do use jugs it's just 2-3 cause even single tapping they get stuck, especially when buildings/rocks are right on the shoreline.

Troops also getting blasted into walls by mortars. I had 15 bombers still showing full health stuck under ground. Buried alive - lol. Gunners same thing.

20. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I'm not trying to be negative. I really like the game and enjoy my time playing it.

I'm just explaining bugs I've experienced, and what I am currently doing to get around them and still enjoy the game, till this stuffs patched.

I think it could have been patched sooner thou. The above was well known and talked about pre Halloween patch. I sure hope it's fixed in the next as I don't need turkey bombs, and brown/orange mood lighting.

Kelani likes this.