Land

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

it would be great to have bigger island on which to build. Current configuration crams everything together. Also would be nice to build tunnels for base army to travel through for defense!

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't really like the tunnel idea.. but, I do feel like the island will have to be expanded as the game grows and more buildings are available. either that or some of the buildings will have to be scaled down..

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Bear just throwing a thought around. Just hate seeing a pinched up mess of buildings..my ocd is not doing well with it

Captain Harlock likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

yea, nothing wrong with throwing the idea around. I was agreeing with you about a bigger island btw.. :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also, there was talk a long while back of maybe storing decorations....that would alleviate some of the space problems, but is that the cause?

Captain Harlock and Bear like this.
  6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

New building. Garden Shed.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

haha. Every pirate needs one. stores your crap and gives you a peaceful respite from the wenches.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's where the Christmas decorations go and that yearbook with the love note from your high school crush are hidden.

Bear likes this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Some island-based cultures with limited space keep their extra stuff on barges, so how about being able to buy a Decoration "Storage Barge" where you can dump anything unwanted from your island until you need it?

Of course it's only marginally more useful than the flagpole, so even though I hate to say it, probably be a good thing to be purchased with gems.

Bear likes this.
  10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sounds good to me. So it would have land around it like the flagpole or no land? Would it be visible to attackers? Would it be placeable or just be a menu?

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd make it just like our normal ship. Placeable, attackable via a little dock. Dragging anything (decorations, mines, walls) onto it deposits it into the ship. Tapping it opens a quasi-marketplace where you can tap the item to re-add it to your island.

Since it's just a silly upgrade to cater to the OCD crowd, I'd charge a premium for it. They need to learn to deal with those compulsions, anyway :)

Captain Harlock and Bear like this.
  12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I would vote against being able to place anything destructable inside of this as it would give an unfair advantage to one side, depending on how the HPs are calculated.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No, nothing inside of it would be lost in an attack, or affect the battle in any way. It'd just be another low-HP, troop-distracting structure that auto-magically rebuilds after an attack.

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You talked about putting mines and walls in there though, which are destructable.
    Edit: And since both of those have HPs, it should/would affect the barge HP. So only decorations should go in there

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree, and that's logical. (It's also logical that a flagpole wouldn't fit, and a pile of walls would sink the damn thing). But since the ship acts like a kind of Limbo for Unwanted Items, I think the simplest way to implement it is to have them sit in there and be inert. My thinking is it's just a glorified storage unit, and no more feature-rich than the outhouse. If walls can't be stored in it, that would sort of defeat the purpose.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

My point was in removing items that can be destroyed, you change the outcome of an attack. If mines especially are removed then you remove resources to be taken.

Bear likes this.
  17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So I agree that those destructable items could be stored temporarily, they could not be left there after the player was done.

18. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

We've already established that the ship is magical. Able to levitate out of land lock and be in 3 places at once.

How about just being able to delete stuff, and rebuild again later if desired. Would be nice to be able to delete unwanted training too, ie witch doctor.

19. Christy

Christy Commodore

What about being able to sell them back at half their value? The decorations at least. I got them all when I first started playing to make my island bigger but now I could use less.

Salty Snack likes this.
  20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I still use them to visually clutter my base, but I'm seeing many who have just moved them off to a clump on the side.

Christy likes this.