Laughing Skulls vs Active Hope....for the fourth, or fifth time.

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Spongee, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

We got matched against Active Hope again. As usual, they employed minis from the start. As usual, it proved futile. To Ole Smokey, as I requested last rumble, please start employing 10 minis in your rumbles against us. As least make it a little fun for us. Tired of these boring rumbles against you guys. We get hopeful you will put in an effort when we see you matched against us, but as is the case past few rumbles, you roll over and play dead from the start.

When Active Hope activated the minis, we activated our defense.... the ZOMinator aka mini killer. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

One more thing Ole Smokey. Don't use the same lame explanation as last time... "We are making them waste their gems" as that has no validity in reality.

Some of us gem rush our troops when we raid, with Zom being one of them. He is working on walls. Whether he spends 4 days working on x number of walls, or does it all one day in a rumble against AH, he uses the same amount of gems. The rumble only served as motivation to get the walls done quicker, but at no additional gem cost than if he spent a week doing the exact same number of raids. So I guess some of our guys owe you a 'thank you' for providing motivation to get some walls done. I know I use to only work on walls during rumbles (was never motivated otherwise). Always look forward to challenging rumbles for the motivation that it would provide. So while our guys have made good use of their rumble time to finish up walls, what do you have to show for the time spent raiding on the minis? A week from now those accounts will be virtually useless, and the time spent raiding on them was completely worthless.

Thank you for motivating some of our members to get walls and upgrades done on their accounts. Adds a little enjoyment to what could sometimes be a boring grind.

3. awbo

awbo Captain

I would like this post 100 times if I could...

4. Fil

Fil Captain

I don't think 10 minis would be enough, might wanna bring at least a dozen.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Cpt. Morgan likes this.
  5. Mickster

Mickster Crew

Well done guys. Only hope I don't bump into you in a rumble though :eek:

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Thanks for the laughs Ole Smokey! Loving the name change and your sense of humor. At least we are having some fun with the rumble :D

[​IMG]

7. Fil

Fil Captain

He does know we are up over 6k and stopped spending about 22 hours ago right?

8. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

While a few guys (and ladies) put up some nice numbers, most of us just did enough to get a 5k lead, then we sat back and let the ZOMinator take over :p

Want to say congrats to Zom on getting several walls sections done!

And oh yeah, the rumble score wasn't too shabby either.
    [​IMG]

Fil and The Reaper like this.
  9. John56

John56 First Mate

Yikes! While we like to compete among ourselves during Rumbles and manage some respectable scores, we don't have a ZOMinator of our own.
    That said, we do have a SCARfinator who may be up to the challenge, plus our merry band of lady pirates who work hard to keep me out of the top ten. It would certainly be a fun Rumble if we ever get matched up!

cmooneey likes this.
  10. Squirt

Squirt Crew

ikr!!! Awesome job @LS

11. Fil

Fil Captain

Send Spongee a message, I'm sure we could make the necessary arrangements :D

12. Booty Slappa

Booty Slappa First Mate

[​IMG]

I remember not so long ago

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Think what Decipher is saying, that is from an earlier rumble against Active Hope, where many in the guild took time off early on and others kept raiding. Not all the same people work on their walls all at the same time. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Fil likes this.
  14. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@John56 Challenge accepted. We'll be waiting for you in the harbor at Port Doom (that would be D:13 on the map in case the Garmin is not working on your pirate ship :D).

awbo and Fil like this.
  15. John56

John56 First Mate

D-13... Hit!
    I let the Boss lady know; hopefully I have not put our guild in a no-win scenario, but we always give it our best! (unless Active Hope shows up in matchmaking :) )

Fil likes this.
  16. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Wouldn't be fun if you could really challenge another guild to some type of mini battle on the map. Something that does not involve gems. Something that may only take up a short amount of time. Just a little fun, no stress type of competition. No rewards.

In one of my kid's games. He has a mini game that involves a snowball fight. You use your finger to fling snowballs at the opponent. Whoever flings the fastest and is most accurate wins. Lasts about 1 minute. It is limited how often it can be done. I love playing it, he seldom lets me play. I have to sneak on and use up one of his allowed fights when he is not looking. Would be fun to fling cannonballs at an opponent's ship and watch it sink before he/she sinks mine. Not expecting this to be added as it seems against the nature of the game. Just saying it would be fun to have some type of short, fun, mini battles.

awbo, Fil and peg-brain bob like this.
  17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+10000000000000000000000000 :)

18. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

That could be fun.

Or being able to challenge specific guilds to a rumble, actually matching up with someone on purpose like we did that one time is near impossible.

OOH OOH - or NOT having to wait 30 hours to rumble, now that would be super!

Fil and Booty Slappa like this.
  19. Quetzal

Quetzal Powder Monkey

@Spongee
    When zoom after over 350 days in piracy still need to upgrade walls even when he he is hardcore gemming like you said, he isnt doing a good job, i finished walls after 280 days without using gems :)
    So i think i want believe you that he is doing this not only for the rumbles to win ;)

You guys win rumbles because you use a lot of gems, so in my opinion you BUY the win. Nothing to be proud off.

20. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@Quetzal Even if the rumble was bought you think there is nothing to be proud of? So you can either do your maybe 20 free attacks a day pre rumble... or you can attack 205 times. That alone is dedication to the game and to the guild image and reputation.