Let it Snow!

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Sea Patriot, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Myself, like many. Have really enjoyed the snow feature. It’s had been a very long while since the last snow on our islands.

Please, please consider adding the ability to turn snow mode on/off just like Shadows and Night Mode. It would be so good to do that.

And also, it would be great to see a snow event thrown into the rotational pool of events.

Thank you,
    Very Respectfully,
    Sea Patriot, Captain of Apostles’ Creed

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, Plunder Pirates is already a sizable app - if we had both the standard tropical and snow models, it would massively increase the size! So sadly snow as an optional feature (or even as an event) isn't doable!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Ah bummer

4. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Snow all year would be like McDonalds serving breakfast all day long. :)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Snow mode uses more memory than Thunderstruck?

Maybe remove the empty LF cells, consolidate some chests, let us KEEP the pirates that do not die in battle, eliminate materials that are super rare and wipe out rumbles and just make more events. More challenging events, enjoyable events, creative events.... Just a handful of suggestions that could help improve and or enhance the gaming experience.

Yes, I suggested to get rid of rumbles, since they’ve not been improved once, they’re unfairly matched and unbalanced for smaller guilds: smaller guilds that aren’t loaded with PH11’s.

That’s right, let us keep the Pirates we do not lose in battle.

P. S.
    Thank you,
    Very Respectfully,
    Sea Patriot

6. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Please don’t get me wrong, you guys and gals did make things a lot better by rolling out more outfits, upgradeable outfits, better ways to get BP & EP.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not memory, but storage capacity. Currently it uses the same amount, as all of the regular models have been swapped out for the snow ones, and will be swapped back after Christmas. Having snow as a year round option means that we'd have to have both sets of models (snow and non-snow buildings, snow and non-snow defences, etc) in the app, which would massively increase its size.

8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

YES! They should definitely come back. Deployed pirates which aren't got killed. Please put a ladder on our gs and ship that they can climb back o_O.
    In a other game( you have heard of it for sure ;)), ALL survivors comes back and you only need to replace the dead ones :cool:.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  9. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

I am going to come to Midoki’s defense here, even if they don’t deserve it.:p I like the snow, but just as a seasonal thing. Losing storage to have this snow implemented all year seems a bit of a waste.

Although let me say this: The fact that the community of players had to ask for it kind of worries me a little. On the Android Store (probably on Apple Store too) they have made a special section in display, showing games that have some kind of “seasonal update” (by the way PP doesn’t appear to be on it as it should), so having this snow stuff looks like a good marketing argument that actually boosts a game’s visibility. My point being we should not have had to ask for it (or else we should be paid for doing your job (yeah I’m after that sweet gem money:rolleyes:)). Back to the Colbert video: “You see what we can accomplish when we work together? By you doing whatever I say. It’s called a partnership.”;)

About the rumbles (yeah once I’m “on” there is no stopping): In my not so humble opinion, what we should do is make rumbles mandatory. Once you are in a guild you should automatically be rumbling every 24h or 48h. Makes no sense giving players in charge of a guild the option to push a button to start a rumble 2, 4 or 6 hours later. And with that you can work out a better system for guilds to match in more balanced way. You could even try this first as some kind of special event for a week or so, to see how it goes. Just an idea, but I’m ready to elaborate on if you want… Seems radical compared to what Sea Patriot was proposing, but I do deeply agree that the rumble system needs a fix.

Blueberry and McQ like this.
  10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Come again?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I know the game you’re referring to. There’s another game where your troops who were injured in battle get healed and the rest also come home.
    If I understand you correctly, here’s my proposal to Make rumbles “mandatory”.
    - Captains enable a feature (to be created by Midoki) that dictates how many points each PH level is required to reach
    - Players who reach or surpass that goal are allowed to collect milestone rewards
    - Captains are provided the feature that allows them to set the limit of how many can join their guild (like another game I know of)

Or.....

12. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Can’t help seeing this in my head each time I hear “come again”.:D

What part didn’t you understand? Thought it was pretty clear. It seems to me you are kind of complicating things with your proposals. No Need to create new stuff or give some more power to a captain. What you are proposing seems like giving some kind of “power trip” to one player… complicated and unnecessary.:confused:

By the way, I also think that what is killing the game is everybody wants to be a captain and have his little guild (“for what? I don’t know…” (in the words of Bob Marley). What I’m proposing is just to make being part of a guild interesting by reinstalling what rumbles should be. And I think Midoki knows exactly what I mean.

No one should be able to push a button and start a battle. The game should just automatically start a rumble each X days (no 5 gems needed) matching your guild with other same level ones. You could just throw in some chests as rewards just to make them more competitive (rewards right now are ridiculous, 75bp? 55bp? What is this?).

I’m going to stop elaborating on it here since it’s not the thread for it. Just saying, I would be happy to debate it with anyone who doesn’t get it (hand sign: gimme a call). ;)

13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

That’s great for people that are in a top rumble guild, but what about people that don’t wanna rumble or only so often? Some people don’t wanna be entered into a competition if they don’t intend to win or at least try.

Why would we want Midoki to tell us when to rumble? Why dont you let them run all the guilds in the game. That would have saved a lot of people alot of their time. I’m sure Midoki would do a great job :)

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  14. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

They already tell you went you’ll be rumbling. You just have the illusion of control.

But I get your point. You could maybe have some kind of guild shield for when you don’t want to rumble.

About the running of the guild. Is it the only thing you do? Press the button and decide when to? Come on, you know there is more than that, right? In the end if you don’t want to fight, why play this game anyways?:confused:

By giving better rewards, you would not mind losing so much. You would win some and of course lose some. It’s not the end of the world. And remember you would get a better and more balanced match up.

15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I captained several types of guilds, from top notch to casual, so yes there is a bit more to it than pushing a button. Lol

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  16. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Intimidator, you are still playing the game?

Intimidator likes this.
  17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Nah, just check this place every so often for a bit of amusement. Only thing I miss is the people. The game doesn’t have anything to offer me currently. :(

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

We (start a) rumble when we want to and not when someone says now you have to! :mad: From where you get such ideas???
    I know in which guild you are BR. Hey come on, peoples have real life too! Not everyone want's or can burn hundreds of gems every other day.... really not- or are they maybe freebees?! And how many gems you suggest would cost that guild shield?? It would cost more for sure than that 5 for starting a rumble WHEN WE WANT!!!

Midoki tried once to tell us how we should fund perks and at the same time how to run our guilds.... and what was the result??? :confused:

Sea Patriot and Intimidator like this.
  19. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

Plenty of games have mandatory guild contests, actually. I played one a while ago called war friends where your guild competes against another guild for the most wins, and one currently called battle bay where you are pitted against similar level guilds in rank and compete ALL WEEK :eek::p Actually could be quite cool as there are loads of rewards as you go along, including the gem equivalent (pearls)... so no need to flip out, it’s actually not an unheard of concept in gaming :cool:

20. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

@Blueberry its a bit late in your neck of the woods :) Tell Apple and SeaDog I said hi. Happy New Years!

Sea Patriot likes this.