Let it Snow!

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Sea Patriot, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Wollimaus, Why are you screaming? You say you have a life? Yet you are always here commenting on everything, you play several accounts (and several other games); you take everything that happens in the game personally, you annoy all of us with constant whining about any little thing that displeases you, etc. I honestly thought this Was your life. :D

Back to the good part: You don’t get to choose everything in the game. Losing is not that bad, (even if you take it personal). You don’t get a choice when events start or what kind of event it will be. You have visibility but don’t confuse it with choice. You don’t get a choice of opponents during rumbles, you don’t get a choice of rewards, there are lots of things you don’t get a choices in the game And in life my dear child.

Now, there is no secret in what guild I am, just like there is no secret where You are, (and by the way you rumble as much as we do). We know you; we know you like to “choose” your opponents. Well, I guess it is not going great seeing your level of tension. Relax, put the game down and breath, you don’t have to be so mad all the time about everything and everyone.;)

Sorry if it’s a bit harsh, but we felt it was about time someone said something about your attitude in this forum and in the game (not speaking only for me here), maybe then we can have peaceful discussions without you screaming like an insane person. Lindsey has been way too patient with you. I don’t have to be.

2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Reminds me of ALF, he would say “I can watch TV for 10 hours straight without getting up to use the bathroom”.

3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Please @Barbe Rose enough with the narcissist, rude behavior. I appreciate you have a strong passion for the game, as we all do. Please stop with the abusive comments, there’s no place for that here. No I’m not radical by any means, I’m a realist and that’s that. I know that it’s only realistic that if one has a complaint, to provide reasonable solutions that would/should yield positive results. And yes I knew exactly what you were talking about earlier in this thread but there’s no place for that sort of talk.

Thank you sir and have a safe, fun and productive day.

MorganFlint likes this.
  4. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m just saying, cause last year, stuff has gotten pretty heated in some threads and developers had to step in, I don’t want to have anything like that happen again.

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Barbe Rose - unfortunately I believe your idea is completely doomed.
    • Either Rumbles become mandatory and all players (who dislike them) will walk.
    • Or Rumbles become opt-out instead of opt-in and all players/guilds (who dislike them) will opt-out.
    Either way I can't see a mass increase in the number of Rumble participants & therefore no improvement in the matchmaking.

If I have misunderstood, please explain how your idea would result in improvement? :confused:

6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Excuse me? wait, i must read that comment again :rolleyes:

I just don't like that anyone dictates when i have to be in the mute for rumbling and then should pay for that if not. Personally i play only 2 plunders(every day) and if i have the time or feel like it also other games from time to time.

I am really not angry with everyone or anything, only with such insane suggestions(in my opinion) you write here. That would be like an dictatorship if Midoki also starts to tell when we rumble and when not.

And who is we??? You and a few mates in your guild? I don't hide behind anyone. ;) If you have a problem with me here in forum... :( Isn't it funny how personal you took my comment? ;) And i haven't heard from anyone here that i should be quiet. Why not? Do you feel better now?

What about my attitude? Saying things like they are? And ask straight ahead? :D

I think Lynsey would have told me ages ago that i am out of line if i am. :) She has still the chance to do that.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

In our own defence, out of the four Christmases that Plunder Pirates has seen (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), only one (2016) hasn't had snow. It actually takes quite a bit of work to get the snow in and out, so sadly it took a bit of back seat the one year to essential bug fixes.

As for Rumbles, they were always intended as being an optional feature for competitive guilds. Not all players are PvP focused, and wouldn't appreciate the daily focus on repeated attacking (or being attacked, as being in a Rumble increases your chance of your base being presented to your Rumble Rivals!)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Thank you!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Ok, well how about rolling out a foggy day edition? Once a year you challenge our attack skills with patches of fog that our pirates can’t see. Just a suggestion, lol

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

For people with glasses... they can play the foggy version always when they want to, now already... they just take the glasses off ;):p. Like me :D. lol

Sea Patriot likes this.
  11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

My glasses get fogged up when going from cold to hot, I was told to apply tooth paste to them.

12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I'm not sure trying to see through smeered toothpaste sounds all that helpful... let us know how you get on! ;)
    Mind you - it might help you imagine there was snow! :p