Let's talk Rumbles

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Unique Rebel, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I imagine we'd have a system that would detect a big disparity in scores, to discourage people from doing just that.

2. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I think once the 1v1 rumble update comes out, smaller guilds need to be encouraged to rumble more as it should be in their favour. It's nice to see smaller guilds win too :)

850arrr likes this.
  3. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

Yes people can cheat and lower their guild average to get an easy matchup but where is the fun in that. Both sides will know one is just a bully. The idea of fair rumbles is to have similar level teams match and fight it out for 24 hours. That makes rumbling fun. We all know guilds are not equal even though they have similar ph levels. I applaud Midoki for taking on this issue to try to get the smaller or less competitive guilds enjoying rumbles again.

4. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Well said Heatmiser. I think this is a great step Midoki is taking.

5. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

The only way to get a truly fair rumble is to limit the amount of attacks. Until then, the biggest pockets will always win.

MorganFlint likes this.
  6. I don't know if a consensus could be reached or not, but the odds are better when there are two guilds fighting it out. If captains want to take it into their own hands, then do something like change your guild Description or Banner (or both) to indicate a "Rumble Agreement". I was going to say put it in the Guild Name such as "10*" to indicate that a guild will agree to have each player fight to 10 battles with best guild wins. But after checking I realized that a Guild's name can not be easily changed.
    Set the guild banner to the two people shaking hands.
    Or set something in the description.
    Or create a new island and put the agreement in the name such as "Rumble Best of 10". Then guilds can indicate to one another of some sort of "treaty" or agreement.
    Something to indicate a friendly agreement.
    (And if a pirate violates the agreement, then their captain can kick them.)
    The biggest pockets will always win, but with a 1v1 rumble system there might be a chance to have some epic battles without breaking the bank.
    IDK.
    Anyone else have some thoughts?

7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I understand everyone wants a “fair” type of battle format, but I never want to be limited on how many attacks I can do. What if I just want to run at a low rank while farming for loot at the same time? Usually I still go for 3 stars during a rumble, but I attack lower level bases atm for less gem cost and recruit times. It makes no sense for me to attempt running in my max range of pirate rank with only half trained troops and try to tackle all those already maxed out bases. Please don’t limit how people want to play the game (during or off rumble).

Oak Island likes this.
  8. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I don’t think the limited attack rumble would be one ever officially offered, because it limits gem spending. I don’t see a company limiting their potential revenue to make things “fair.”

I think there are lots of rumble formats that has possibilities to be fun.
    1. Limited attacks
    2. Track grog or gold stolen instead of plunder points
    3. Specialty troop combos/random troop setup when you enter into battle
    I’ve heard other fun and different options, and just have never understood why she you go click “start a rumble” you can’t have an option of scoring systems to choose from.

The options for new/exciting is there. Reducing it to 1vs1 and tightening the potential opponent pools isn’t changing the actual gameplay (how to win) really that much. The only thing this change will do is make the guilds that gem a lot either sick of rumbles because they never get a break, or cause them to break into smaller guilds that get easy rumbles occasionally. Unless we are winning hundreds of gems for first place, I can’t see the big scoring guilds being able to keep up with the gem spending that would be needed. Unless we have a guild of millionaire that I’m not aware of

Intimidator likes this.
  9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

The 1V1 rumble, will this be like how Boom Beach does their Ops? I looked up 1V1 and all I found was games like Street Fighter

10. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Let’s give Midoki credit for trying and modify as we go. Test drive. For once, DPlank is right.

11. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I have to agree with @Intimidator on this one, I do not think we should be limited during a rumble. On the other hand, perhaps midoki can come up with a new guild event where the guild has a limited amount of attacks to three star super hard or maxed out bases. I have mentioned this type of event in the past but of course we haven’t had any new events in ages. Also, for those complaining about the deepest pockets always winning, I think it’s important to remember that those deep pockets are most definitely contributing to the longevity of this game, and without them, we may not be playing at all. I thinks it’s a bit foolish to think or expect a fair fight every time, however, I do agree that it can be disheartening to never get a fair fight. I do think the new 1v1 system will help with the fairness, however. My biggest fear for the new system is the wait times, as there are some serious gaps between those guilds that can easily score 500k-1mil in points and those that cannot. The heavy hitting guilds may end up waiting hours for a “fair” fight, which would suck.

Cheers!

-Oak

850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  12. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I think just new options in general would be great. This is just the same rumble with a more narrowed field. The wait time concerns me, also the lack of rivals thereby reducing points per attack making that event more difficult too.

Trust me, I know unlimited gemming would never go away, and that’s fine. But every once in a while another option would be fun. Especially after having hard gem spending rumbles repeatedly.

13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m always open to new options :) however if my guild chose to only enter limited attack rumbles I would unfortunately have to find somewhere else suitable for my play style. I don’t always want to run in the higher ranks and be reminded how bad my attacks are if I only get one or two stars lol. I can redeem myself in quantity if needed. ;)

14. Capnpoopoopants

Capnpoopoopants Powder Monkey

I am interested in what 1v1 actually means as well.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's 1 guild versus 1 guild, rather than 5 guilds fighting each other.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  16. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m onboard with that one! Hopefully it doesn’t cause us smaller guilds to drag anchor.