Log-in reward

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Vince, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's very cool of you, and sounds like a good plan. :) Lots of people join expecting to get free base help, but don't really plan on contributing to anything. Just don't forget that part of the fun of guilds is helping your fellow members build their bases, and those guild perks can really make that process a lot faster. Not sure how far along you are, but I know if I had to wait til PH7 before joining, I probably would have quit already :(

Anyway, this forum is kind of like a guild, too, so maybe that will take some of the lonesome edge off.

Rachael likes this.
  2. Rachael

Rachael Crew

That's why I joined the forum. So I could get to know people and how their guilds are run. Also to check out threads for tips on who to upgrade to what level and what combos seem to work for others. I'm pretty loyal so it would be hard for me to join a guild and just leave or give up on them because I don't particualrly like the way something is going. So it's personally easier and better for me to just wait and see what I want to do AND who'd be willing to accept me :)

Christy likes this.
  3. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

All very good points Rachael.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, if you can weed through the weird crap all of us post, the forum definitely has all of those things. I don't think I'd be half the pirate I am today if not for the tips and advice posted here. Glad to hear you'd be loyal to a guild. Guild hoppers drive us crazy (or maybe it's just me). There are plenty of great guilds here on the forum, and if you play regularly, and plan on sticking around, I don't think you'll have any problem finding one that works for you. :) Just keep in mind that sometimes, one which seems like a perfect fit will end up being very different. If that's the case, definitely find another one that works better for you, and don't worry about it. None of us like to see a member leave, but I think most of us would prefer that, if it meant they'd have more fun playing the game.

5. Rachael

Rachael Crew

There's always silly stuff to weed through, but it's fun!

Totally agree! I think I'll have a tiny advantage though since most of you all have signatures indicating your guilds ;)

Kelani likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yep! We are all a bunch of shameless advertisers. :(

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  7. TBird

TBird Captain

I have to second and third what Darth Yoda said. If you have Sone Mason & Blacksmith, being in a guild is a huge help. It's helps your wall defense and adds a little to your attacks. If you are farming to build a bigger base fast, being in a good guild is a huge help.
    Just let people know you are doing the guild tour, pick 3-4 you want to check out and audit a class in each... 5-7 days in each till you find one you like.
    Sure the other guilds here would have no problem with that.
    Since you are active here, sure you would be active in guild chat too.

Rachael and Kelani like this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Audit a class. lol @Tim Thomas :D So funny and ironic, all at once ;)

9. TBird

TBird Captain

I hope to audit a class or two the first week of Feb.... Can't really do anything till guild wars. Might as well take the tour and say hi to everyone till then.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  10. Christy

Christy Commodore

11. Christy

Christy Commodore

I don't post weird stuff :D I'm the most "normal" one here :cool: minus the clown stuff of course but I didn't start that :rolleyes:

Rachael likes this.
  12. Rachael

Rachael Crew

13. Doobiebeers

Doobiebeers Powder Monkey

Love the idea of a daily bonus that increases in value for every day you login.

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also, like with Tapped out, it should cap out at 7 days considering how often we all log on we could be richer than the top 5 players are in a matter of a month

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

love the idea. But instead of a daily reward. How about its a daily lottery? Anyone play Dragons of Atlantis? When you logged on there you got to spin a "wheel" it was actually 6 mystery tiles of rewards that you could get. Sometimes it was something small and insignificant, but then like once every few months you would get something really good like 200 gems.

Rachael likes this.
  16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

+1 from me - how about a combination of both where each consecutive day you log in you get another spin up to x number of spins and then it resets to 1?

Rachael and Bear like this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I like it. Rovio also seems to be a fan of the lottery, so..great idea. I'll add it

18. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+1 to this marvelous idea. I have a further suggestion based on this idea: daily login bonus should, ideally, give only gems.

My reason for this suggestion is that: you may have noticed already that as you uncover more of your Exploration Map, you unlock certain spots on your Map that generates gold or grog once a day (or is it half a day?). IMO that is already an indirect form of 'daily reward' for playing the game, so I thought that the real daily login bonus should give just gems only. After all, who doesn't need gems? :p