Loot Study (aka Farming study)

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Becker Redbeard, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Combined Loot studies from two Saturday mornings.
    Recorded the gold and grog available with 75 "Nexts" at each of 5 levels: PR 1, PR 98, and PR 200, 295, and 400.
    Here are the averages of each resource, maximum available of each and max total (different than adding both maxes unless same foe), total loot and top 10% (theoretically hitting Next 10 times will give a yield equal or higher to the number provided in top 10%).

PR 1: (From Jan 10, 2015)
    Average Gold 20k, Grog 25k
    Max Gold 217k, Grog 454k, Total 580k
    Top 10% Gold 56k, Grog 54k, Total 150k​
    PR 98: (From Jan 10, 2015)
    Average Gold 115k, Grog 133k
    Max Gold 596k, Grog 805k, Total 1,022k
    Top 10% Gold 283k, 358k, Total 634k​
    PR 200: (From Jan 10, 2015)
    Average Gold 201k, Grog 220k
    Max Gold 782k, Grog 1,015k, Total 1598k
    Top 10% Gold 334k, Grog 433k, Total 617k​
    PR 295 (From Jan 17, 2015)
    Average Gold 199k, Grog 223k
    Max Gold 580k, Grog 640k, Total 992k
    Top 10% Gold 434k, Grog 374k, Total 824k​
    PR 400 (From Jan 17, 2015)
    Average Gold 181k, Grog 236k
    Max Gold 776k, Grog 851k, Total 973k
    Top 10% Gold 317k, Grog 431k, Total 665k​
    PR 506 (From Feb 9, 2015, **Monday evening)
    Average Gold 295k, Grog 282k
    Max Gold 1052k, Grog 1051k, 2103k
    Top 10% Gold 601k, Grog 469k, Total 974k​

You decide your strategy. You decide if you want to split a Tavern on lower side. Obviously there are photos posted of big bases at PR 1. Didn't see any in 75 Nexts. Maybe enough people dropped to push them back higher.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    TheAdmin, Arr, ElGordo and 5 others like this.
  2. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Well done, if someone could expand this study to 300, 500 and 700 it would be Intresting to compare

3. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Interesting results! Thanks for compiling

ElGordo and Gangrene Beard like this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

This was excellent! I hope somebody can expand to higher levels as @Captain Monkey described.
    Until then, me thinks I need to visit the 200's when this Push concludes.

5. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

I had plan to include 300 and maybe 400, but started at 200 and went down with the above. Been slow on the way back up because a pirate must plunder along the way. Maybe next Sat 8 AM again to keep all things as equal as possible.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Very nicely done. I had some data for 300 and 400, but it's obsolete by now. Definitely, someone in these ranks, take a few mins and crunch some numbers for us :)

7. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Your study is flawed because I've raided everything over 800k between Pirate Rank 1-100 :D:p

8. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

His study didn't say there weren't any, it posted averages, and top ten percent. There are always outliers.

Tikigirl likes this.
  9. Christy

Christy Commodore

I always farm with my PR within a certain range that yields excellent results. HOWEVER that info is classified unless you join my guild :cool: LOL

10. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Like the missing arrr in your guild name... ☺

Christy likes this.
  11. Christy

Christy Commodore

I stole the missing R :D I like to keep it handy for when I need a spare :cool:

12. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Because you don't have enough curves already dear? :-D

Christy likes this.
  13. Christy

Christy Commodore

But of course :D

14. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Smooooooooooth :cool:

15. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Technically, she really stole an "L", and the guild is We R Pilates. It's how they keep their girlish figures.

16. Somewhat flawed, but if you are farming that low, you are hitting next a lot. Yes there are a lot of lurkers down there who are sitting with a ton of loot. However, there are also a lot of players that picked up the game, played for a day or two and then stopped, or only check in occasionally. If I'm looking for big loot in a short time frame, I've found 275 is my sweet spot normally. But that can fluctuate from day to day. For instance, I've found without any scientific method, that on Mondays, the loot is best in the 150 range. Must be people drop after the weekend or something.

Tex and Landon like this.
  17. Landon

Landon First Mate

He's right lol. Theoretically speaking, if the farmers keep spanking the sub 200's they'll eventually drop to 100's. But either way, I've seen bases ranging from 1-400 PR with well over 1mil of resources.

18. When I push for rank, I go up with almost maxed storages, and that means I'm up in the limited 6 and 7 hundreds with about 2.5 million to plunder. It's definitely out there up there. It's a good thing people stay sub 200 with so much loot though. You never learn good base design unless you push for higher rank. So, those guys are easy marks in the lower levels with lots of loot. It's not cut and dry, but personally I feel the system works.

19. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

That's what I love about you GlassEater. Made a small withdrawal this morning.

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I disagree. The system is horribly broken. I spent the last several weeks between 300-600, and was hitting Next 50-100x per raid. If I was really lucky, I'd find one non-maxed base with 300k/300k, which was the bare minimum I needed just to cover my costs and allow for a loss. My troops cost 200k grog per raid, and every battle at that level required a full army. So, that's 90+ minutes between raids, for zero profit. I was just starting to build L9 walls, and estimated at that rate, it'd take me over four months to upgrade all those walls.

So, I dropped to 100-200. It takes 10-20 Nexts to find a 700k to 2M base. Most of which require from a few gunners, to half an army. If I'm careful, I can raid every 10-30 minutes. In my first 2 days at that level, I made 25M in loot. After a week, that's closer to 50M. So, it'll only take me a week and a half to upgrade all 125 walls to L9, and even with dumping grog into every skill I can justify training, I'm maxed, so no worries about paying for troops.

There is just no incentive to rank up. It's simple. Raiding once every 90-200 minutes is not fun, and doing it for zero profit is even worse. The loot needs to be there, at all levels in beatable, non-maxed bases, and without requiring 100 Nexts, before the system works. I suspect (hope, really) this is one of the things being addressed in the next bugfix update.