Loot Study (aka Farming study)

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Becker Redbeard, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I don't know what game you play Kel. I just zipped up to 600 and found tons of easy loot along the way with very few nexts. Lots of maxed bases with nothing to spend on right now. Heck, liberated almost 2M from Glassy^ this morn, next attack was over 900k.

Captain Monkey likes this.
  2. Damn Salty/Pinky, impressive, you are the first person to almost three star my base in probably a month, after many adjustments since. With 1.2M grog you better push 800+ rank, or it's gone to waste. I'll see you up there by Sunday I'm predicting. Props to you and solid work. I mangled my base design again. Probably going to have to either change back or so it again.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. Agreed you do have to farm, and gem push to get max out, to really push over 600 without losing every time you log out or using shields to stay up.

Kelani likes this.
  4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Corner outhouse got away on me. Cheers!

5. That being said, good design goes a long way. I wake up every morning post 500 pr to a 50-100 point increase with maxed defenses.

6. It's there for a reason lol

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's the problem. The vast majority of players can't/won't buy tons of gems just to be able to avoid going bankrupt. What many people like most about this game was that you could play it without feeling pressured, or held back for not using gems. I'm all for Midoki using gems to profit from our impatience, and I personally feel anyone who's played this game for over a week has gotten enough enjoyment from it that they should kick them $4.99 for gems, even if they have no intention of using them. But, putting up a roadblock where gems are the only way to keep playing.. Not good.

Any time someone complains about the lack of loot somewhere, someone else pops up and says otherwise. :) There is an element of luck to it, yes. But you used the magic words: maxed bases. Starting last week, the only bases I found with any useful loot were maxed. I can't beat those, and neither can most people in the 300-500 range. We're not typically carrying multi-witch doctor crews, and don't have most of the highest skills trained yet. So, we Next looking for someone we can beat. Those are the bases which just can't be found, currently. The fact that so many people have forgotten about rank, and dropped to bottom-feed kind of speaks to that.

Red Hand of Doom and Salty Snack like this.
  8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yeah, you aren't going to find many easy bases over 500, especially with loot. So in that way, I'd say the system works. Everyone tops out at a different PR.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  9. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Luck and skill counts for a lot, just like in life. Sucks doesn't it.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree. Just haven't figure out why last week, that lack of loot filtered down to 250-400+ My best guess is because all those 28-day abandoned bases are slowly taking one of two paths:

Those that get 100%ed, stay destroyed and are removed from play
    Those that get 1-2 starred come back, and slowly lose rank, making everyone chase them ever lower.

I guess the moral of the story is, everyone stop 100%ing abandoned bases! :D

11. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

As promised, PR 300 and 400 data posted this morning. Thanks to those who tried to push me to 500 last night (you almost did it!), but I've got things to upgrade before playing with the big boys.
    For the "haters" ;-) please note there is no flaw in reporting data, only flaws if improperly interpreted. I didn't interpret. And Yes, we've all hit bigger takes than the Max reported here. Also not a flaw- I did 75 Nexts at each level.
    It definitely should get harder at the higher ranks and not everyone playing 6 months will thrive above PR 600, but I personally would love to see more of a spread where a successful attack at 450 would yield as much loot as mid 200s (you definitely have to Next more). Not as fun to wipe out an inferior base IMHO. Thanks to everyone who pushed the reported large number of people hiding at PR 1 back where they should be, at least a little higher up.
    Definitely patterns of excess grog when still upgrading at PH 7, and little grog available is a common complaint at high PR. Hopefully some adjustments/improvements will come.
    In summary, pretty sure there is no "secret" farming level that every other frequent player hasn't already figured out. I'll use this info to help me decide how many Nexts to hit instead of Nexting forever searching for that perfect strike.

Captain Monkey, Kelani and Tikigirl like this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Where'd you post it?

13. Becker Redbeard

Editted the original post to include 295 and 400.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Thank you Becker and well done

15. Very helpful post... Thank you for the effort

16. Becker Redbeard

Editted the original post for PR 500, though data not from a Saturday AM as the others, it does seem there is good loot to be had at and above 500.
    Nevertheless, I drop again because my remaining upgrades will go quicker.

Kelani likes this.
  17. Arr

Arr Captain

Nice post, @Becker Redbeard. Care to share the raw data? I'd like to calculate some other statistical parameters for public consumption.

18. Becker Redbeard

Sure. All in an Excel sheet. I'll contact you outside of this thread and email it. I'll say initially the plan was to do 100 at each level, but there was enough consistency while recording the first 75 I stopped there. Not sure how much more statistical data would be useful to the average pirate ;)... standard deviation, etc??

Kelani likes this.
  19. Arr

Arr Captain

Thanks Becker! You've collected a lot of data; N=75 is a pretty decent sampling. I'll take a look at the numbers and see if I can come up with something in addition to what you've provided already. If you have an outlook.com account and access to OneDrive, you can share the workbook with read-only privileges (or we can chat offline.)