Lousy christmas light graphics

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Raptelan, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I love the holiday theme, but I have to say, raiding in nighttime mode is going to be hell. I just got my kelass handed to me by a town that I'd normally turn into a parking lot. Really. It was a 600k/600k and I got a whopping... 13 gold. 36 grog. Pretty sure I never even made it through the walls, but I can't see them, so who knows :)

SaK likes this.
  2. SaK

SaK First Mate

same here....pretty lame concept of changing the visual at a random interval...its not eye catching for me!

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Guys in my guild say it changes every 20 minutes, synced to GMT.

4. TBird

TBird Captain

20 till the top o hour it goes to night (and I don't attack anymore)
    Goes back to daylight at the top of the hour.... all bets are off and I go attack Fuu (darn dreaming again)
    I do most of my attacking now from :00 to :40 each hour
    I suck at night attacks.
    Like Christy said, where is the night vision goggles button?

5. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

I really like the designer of Midoki, He has great design and colors, I love it!,
    but to speak frankly, though it's beautiful, Midoki also has to think about the familiarity of the users.
    (I'm not saying current design is bad, i love it.)
    Actually not that many users like dramatic changes, (Actually i'm playing on iPhone(iPad on repair) these days alot instead of iPad)
    actually it is confusing and hard to distinguish buildings in small screens, maybe because I'm not that familiar with current color changes..

our eyes has been used to green land and buildings since hundreds of fights,
    so now when you see a base, instantly u can recognize where to attack..
    but now it's taking more time to distinguish where the pirate hall is, where white mortar is, where white fence is, where white gun tower is..etc..

As the roof is covered with snow, it takes little bit more time to distinguish the buildings.

Sorry to compare, but see how clash of clans(supercell)'s christmas skin update..
    they must had same debate,
    but they added some snows only, and tried to keep the main design as much as possible to reduce confusion, to have similar contrast among buildings.

anyway once again, thanx for your great effort,
    and you guys are making a lot of people into fun hours.

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

That is a good thing imo. Maybe it requires more skill, adapting to different lightings? :)
    I love the details they added. I hope they keep this after Christmas, minus the decorations and snow of course.

7. Christy

Christy Commodore

OMG really complaining about not liking how your Christmas lights look :eek: I think it looks amazing!! I think if anyone complains about the holiday decor they should have theirs removed immediately :p BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  8. Landon

Landon First Mate

I think it looks great. It transcends the spirit of the holidays and its a change from the mundane things we do. If you can't recognize a building from another, something is afoot.

I mean really.. The first thing I look for are mortars, cannons, towers and bunkers. If you're targeting other buildings, you're playing the game wrong:confused:

Christy likes this.
  9. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

how do you insert images in this homepage? it asks for always links, where do you upload first and link?

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

11. If you can't stand the day and night.. Buy a iPhone 4 guaranteed that you will never be bothered again with it ;)

12. I don't really see what the fuzz is all about, I have no problems with the day/ nigth- time switches.. And I should probably be wearing glasses too! :p Besides, I rather see it as constantly getting new challenges to clear, as opposed to game that never changes, always stays the same... I like it! ;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Christy likes this.
  13. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I love forum posters like this. They always bring out the best in other forum users and me 4 PaW's agree with them.

Nuff said :D

TiGeR

Christy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.