Low rearm costs

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Ebow, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Ebow

Ebow Crew

I know that I'm not the firts one to claim that. But with all the new stuff comes with PH11, the ream costs will be VERY HIGH.
    So please, I think is good for all of us to lower it!

2. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I stopped upgrading bombs, traps and flame gates because my rearm cost is already over 900k, it's insane.

Floki and Ebow like this.
  3. Mad Max

Mad Max Crew

Same. The added cost of the re-arm is not worth what is taken generally.

SitFlyer_, Ebow, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  4. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

With new expensive walls in the mix I think many islands will just stop rearming for a long long time. As long as one can loot and spend there will be nothing to steal anyway.

SitFlyer_, Ian and Mad Max like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree, costs are way too high. The extra traps in this upgrade are last on my list to build; and will us the extra walls to soak up any excess gold leaving nothing to steal; as for rearming, will also leave that till everything is complete.

SitFlyer_, Mobotts and Mad Max like this.
  6. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

Yeah, but in coc, the rearm costs at about 40k, not 400k. I mean, i hate being attacked and i have to rearm and the cost is almost 500k

Ebow and Sea Patriot like this.
  7. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

I haven't rearmed anything since the PH11 upgrade day... everything is tripped and the rearm cost is sitting a little over 2.1 million....

Sea Patriot and Mobotts like this.
  8. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I'm a little confused by the concerns voiced among some. I am very thankful for the high rearm cost. This is an offensive game. I do 10x as many offensive attacks as I get defensive. If the rearm costs were really low, everyone would always rearm their traps and defeating islands would be more difficult while farming. Having high rearm costs helps the majority of players farm more effectively, as fewer players are rearming the traps, mines, gates, etc...

And as so many have mentioned, most of us have stopped rearming everything during upgrades anyways to use the gold elsewhere. Once everything is upgraded, the producers produce more than enough gold to keep everything rearmed. It seems very well thought out and balanced to me. I view mines, traps, gates, etc... as a luxury only to be used when needed, not an expected component to defense.

SitFlyer_, 850arrr and Sea Patriot like this.
  9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Although I haven't played CoC, but I feel you pain. In Compass Point: West, there's no rearming cost, no cost to heal troops, you get to keep your troops that don't perish and they have their own version of strongholds that reappear every day.
    As much as we attempt to rationalize the extreme challenges in this game, whilst I do understand that those other two games have their own style and setups. I'm quite sure of the fact that Midoki/Rovio are aware that they have their hands full in competition more with Super Cell than with Next Games.
    Like @cmooneey i chose to not rearm my defenses until my upgrades are completed, unless my builders are all busy and I don't want a mil gold stolen. And thanks @Spongee for your contact continues for n game wisdom

10. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

spongee's point is valid and logical. however, it assumes a certain complacency with being attacked and losing your loot. yes that's part of the game, but for someone for whom this game is a challenge at times, not being the best attacker or having the strongest base layout (though that is more easily changed), being attacked as soon as you log off or become distracted for too long, can be disheartening and leaving me wanting to use all the defense tools at my disposal to prevent it from happening again.

in that case, the traps would be helpful and aid in island defense. i don't think they're a deterrent, they're not for me when i'm farming, but they do help to fight back and perhaps save some of your island as not to end up being 100% demolished. now that brings up other issues like re-arm timing, multiple attacks, and whatnot, but that's clouding things here and i acknowledge my argument is not perfect.

i can't devote enough of my time to the game after work and classes to put out 10x the attacks i receive daily (no offense spongee). if i had that luxury, i'd have plenty of resources and wouldn't have to worry about struggling to save and keep my piddly little loot to finally have enough gold for one new wall section.

for me, in my case, i'd like to be able to use my traps more, especially since i paid to build them once, then paid again to upgrade them, and then the best part is what i'm left with is something that's ultimately cost prohibitive, i don't believe that after all that i should need to pay so much to use/rearm what i've built.....all of which in the end leaves my island more defenseless than i am comfortable with.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    quint and cmooneey like this.
  11. Floki

Floki Captain

What's s trap?

Barbe Rose and Mobotts like this.
  12. Floki

Floki Captain

If you answer my last post you will understand......:p

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I realize a great many enjoy the defensive aspect to this game just as much as offensve, and constantly strive to have the strongest defensive layout possible. I can appreciate having fully armed defenses is crucial to this strategy. Based on the number of players putting their PH outside for easy sniping, I can see I am a minority in the mindset of making your base as easily as possible to star. The majority of players still strive to have a strong defensive layout, gambling their defenses is strong enough to prevent attackers from getting all the storages while only allowing one star. I can only assume the goal is to allow one star and not to keep attackers from getting no stars, thus causing constant attacks completely draining the storages. Back when I used to value strong defense, I remember some mornings waking up with my loot at 2-3 mil after going to sleep with 9 mil the night before. 98% of the bases in this game can be easily be completed cleaned out by thieves by any half skilled attacker. I feel if you are trying to keep loot, you should make your base as easily as possible to beat to get that shield. Again, I realize I am a minority in this mindset and most do feel the same as you @Mercutio . The majority of players take great pride in preventing an attacker from achieving 100% against their bases, and having fully rearmed defenses is often the crucial difference between 2 and 3 stars. But I think the Devs goal in balancing and determining the rearm cost along with other factors, was to keep the game challenging from both an offensive and defensive perspective. They wanted to make the rearming cost high to make it another challenging factor to the defensive aspect of the game. I venture to guess the goal of the Devs in balancing was to make sure many bases could not afford to rearm. Goes back to the statement I made earlier. Rearming on a constant bases is a luxury not intended to be easily achieved by most players. Think players need to understand it is an intended challenge designed by the Devs, and players need to accept the high rearm cost as a challenging factor of defense and overall game strategy.

Mobotts likes this.
  14. Ian

Ian Commodore

A possible solution to the 'rearming' costs would be:
    1. If the Defence of the layout was successful, then rearming oats would be FREE and/or Automatic :D
    2. If the Defence was unsuccessful (1, 2 or 3 Star) then costs would be as it is now.:eek:
    This way you only pay the cost of rearming mines and gates etc when a serious and successful attack has been made on your base.

850arrr and McQ like this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

One solution for those that object to the high costs of rearming is to protect all your mines, traps and flame gates.
    That includes moving ALL your Stores and Collectors out to the side of your base along with your PH. This will make plenty of room inside those strong walls to place all your mines, traps and gates. No one will get to those traps and therefore you won't need to worry about resetting them ever again. :D

Mobotts likes this.
  16. Floki

Floki Captain

[​IMG] It a Trap a Von Trapp

Mobotts likes this.
  17. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Shhh Floki... don't tell!!!:p

Floki likes this.
  18. Floki

Floki Captain

This forum is slower than the mental ability of the Nazi's in the sound of music

Mobotts likes this.
  19. captaintau

captaintau Crew

It is ridiculous.

I often get stung for maybe 300K gold. The rearm cost can be up to 1.5M! We don't even get back the cost of rearming for winning a rumble now.

Homey DeClown, Mobotts and Calabiyau like this.
  20. Tenrou

Tenrou Crew

It's been months since my last rearm....too high cost, too inefficient use....

Mobotts likes this.