Making 100% is harder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ebow, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Ebow

Ebow Crew

I don't know what is happening, but its super hard for me and for some people I know, make a 100%. Midoki, did you decreased the defense of troops or something like that?

850arrr, HornyQuokka and Christy like this.
  2. Christy

Christy Commodore

Many have been saying this lately :( We had someone leave us yesterday because their troops kept dying and it was frustrating :(

850arrr and HornyQuokka like this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

If you are talking about attacking max level bases, then yes it is harder. But just think about it, we just had a huge defense orientated update. And even though all of our offensive troops got new upgrades too, its not really enough to overcome busting through walls and getting to those defenses.

850arrr and Christy like this.
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, there's been no sly nerfing of troops, nor buffing of defences!

A fully maxed PH10 base in a hard layout is tough, but if you have a fully maxed Academy 9 army of a decent composition, it's perfectly possible to take it down, especially if you have donated troops, active guild perks and a Legendary Pirate (I think players like @Skye 3* take down tough bases without donated troops or Legendary Pirates).

5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Same issue, something seems to broken all of a sudden some times(it seems to me that somehting has changed last 1-2 days). But prob i am just dumb, so nvm.

And yes, i understand its almost impossible to look into , when players can t be more specific. But its annoying anyway.

And yes, all troops maxed, except the Ghostly guy and of course all perks running and Legendary fort is empty or taken down, so no extra boosts from them.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    850arrr likes this.
  6. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I haven't noticed any changes, sometimes watching replays from other members helps a lot, also using a different troops combo

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

It's the reason I posted my "ai issues around boats thread" the other day. Suddenly, my troops are walking all the way across the island instead of walking thru the holes. But I found the ai "bug" and a few guilds out there have found it too and are defensively exploiting it to the fullest. Which is why more people are complaining. Because the troops are now little chicken sh*ts when it comes to going thru a hole near the boat.

850arrr and HornyQuokka like this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I haven't noticed any noticeable difference. Not with ai, nor with damage calculations.

Maybe you're starting to notice more and more bases with more maxed defenses, which are considerably harder to defeat than PH9 defenses. The damage boost to many of the defenses is significant and will require you to rework your strategies a bit - WD no longer makes bunkers and gun towers trivial, and cannons melt things very fast, plus extra range! And don't forget that LP on defense make a huge difference (not noticing Caesar being on defense screws me over a lot). The choice of defensive LP is a huge difference to how a battle will turn out.

In our last rumble I did a 30 win streak where almost every attack was a 3* victory against a PH10 (27 of the 30). I didn't use GS troops, like always, and still managed to 3* plenty of bases. I did use LP, as I've been trying to learn them better, but some of my LP are still fairly low level (jeanne and greenbeard are both under level 10!).

You may also be noticing that with the new wall levels, troops WILL behave differently than they did with older levels, as is to be expected every wall upgrade. They will be more willing to walk around instead of destroying a wall, although the difference isn't huge with max level bombers.

If your troops aren't maxed out, I would expect it would be difficult. Even if they are, it may be time for a new strategy if your old one no longer works.

Pathing near ships has ALWAYS been strange, I notice that a lot with thieves, but I expect it to be strange and plan around it.

Unless they have uploaded new nav data for buildings, which I don't think they have, there would be no reason for behavior to change. There has been no update, and anything significant would probably have required one. Things don't randomly change, but there are a plethora of perception bias that will make you swear they have.

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

10. Burnz

Burnz Captain

@Skye your 27 out of 30, were they against max bases or just any PH10 you came across where you knew you could 3* it? Either way, good job, that is quite a feat.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

They didn't have full max pink/gold walls, not many do, but most had max cannons/gp/mortars/bunkers. Not a lot of people have finished every single defense, but many were pretty close. A couple were weaker, but a significant majority were about as far as I'd expect someone to be without gemming upgrade timers.

Its no different than any other day I play, almost every attack is a 3* unless I screw up. I usually just don't bother doing that many in a row unless its a tough rumble. It was just a statement of how the game isn't any harder than it has been. AI and stats haven't changed, there isn't new nav data, but perception biases could definitely lead you to believe there was.

12. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Skye What you say is totally legit, but its a little odd that the rumble we had before all was fine for me(have to agree i havn t done any further attacks in the previous rumble with 12h left)and with the rumble that started 30 min later i had troubles to win any 3 star match. And i already went down huge(LV Wise) and tried a lot weaker bases for weaker points(499) und for sure most hadn t maxed any new defenses. So to me and others! in my guild obviously something had changed within these 12h before the last rumble started and the new began.

Please keep in mind as well that you are one of the best and smartest attackers in the game, a strategy guy, that can take out any base with a low cost army even while half asleep. So maybe little changes are not so obvious to notice than for less strategy skilled players.

I never cosidered myself a great attacker, cause i am not. I just wanna have fun and not break my head much how about to 3 star the hardest island. Anyway i never had much troubles to 3 star islands for 599/666 or sometimes even 850+ points during a rumble, with my play style. And all off a sudden within 12h everything seems to have changed, this can t be a coincidence imo. I havn t become more sucky than i already was before(if this is even possible). ;)

And don t get me wrong i am not whining that the game is too hard, cause it wasn t before, nor that i am not able to 3 star the hardest bases, cause i was never able to do it before, as well and i was totally fine with it. But with this weird thing happenned all off a sudden, i lost any motivation to rumble and to use gems for rehire( and my rehire costs for rumbles are 14-15 gems) Bad for me, and mayve bad for Midoki as well(at least when other players are affected as well).

@Lynsey [Midoki] If for some reasons this game becomes too hard for "normal" gemmers that not wanna play this game like "chess", revenue will drop, cause these folks will cut back gem use and i am not sure if the top skilled strategy guys can make up for.

Anyway, for me its simple: NO FUN - NO GEM USE

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    850arrr likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not a great attacker either >_<

Perhaps you just had a bad day?

14. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I think so. Hate when it happens, things just don't go your way and you lose a whole day's progress.

15. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Congrats to all super pro players.
    Now I want opinions of normal players.
    Noticed any changes?

850arrr, HornyQuokka and Christy like this.
  16. Patron

Patron Crew

Could it possibly be that the additional damage/hitpoints of the new defenses are superior to the damage and toughness of the additional troop skills added to the academy? In other words, what if the equilibrium was disrupted?

This can only be figured out through calculations.

Christy likes this.
  17. Christy

Christy Commodore

My pirates have always seemed to die faster than some that I see in replays :( Even with them maxed. I always just figured it was user error on my part. Some days are worse than others.

SitFlyer_ and 850arrr like this.
  18. Skye

Skye Commodore

The additional damage and range on defenses significantly skews things, yes. Many defenses got a very large damage upgrade (cannons were increased nearly 25%; bunkers went from 14 to 18, which is not only more than a 25% increase, but when resisted by a WD they go from 2.8 damage to 6.8 damage, which over doubles how much they actually do, and gun towers are in a similar boat). This damage is significantly larger than toughness was boosted, so pirates will die much faster than before, making tanking more important.

The additional HP to defenses is nice, but most dps troops got a significant boost to damage, so the hp should more or less balance out, especially with new skills to do extra damage, like bunker buster and wallbreaker 2. If anything, defenses are easier to destroy. A high level LP boosting them will obviously have a larger effect than before though.

In general, with no LP, troops can destroy things at similar rates or faster but also die much faster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZZpGQVDn83LvSea0qvQqCiGK241eTgAazMrct9v5kc/edit?usp=sharing
    My spreadsheet there has all the building and troop stats, time to destroy things, and the time it takes a defense to destroy each troop. It lets you calculate it with and without LP bonuses. You could clone the sheet and plug in old numbers to check for PH9 defenses/troops and compare - my PH9 sheet is still around the forums somewhere but several of the damage formulas are slightly wrong. I had been using 3 shots/2 seconds for most troops, whereas now I have the official in-game firespeed data (which is .7 seconds for gunners, so slightly slower than the .66 I was using)

19. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thanks for this info @Skye and the rest of course, but this is great info.

20. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

+1 for Skye his info.

I am also more of a tactical attacker. But I have also made the mistake every now and then when the right LP is in the fort And all of my gunners start dropping like rain... Towers are killing them at a surf pace... Only thing to do is adjust your tactic again!

I have been very successfull with the wind and sky raiders. Once you and your sky raiders able buddies... There is no stopping them