map expansion?

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by poo, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poo

poo Crew

will there be a map expansion in the future? this will get many of us to stay on Plunder pirates

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We won't be expanding the current map, but instead we'll be creating brand new ones. And even better these will be themed. Fancy a voyage around the orient, or perhaps even into the frozen arctic? Well we're discussing all sorts of new regions at the moment.

Ian, Sigrid, alebvk and 11 others like this.
  3. poo

poo Crew

roman empire

4. South Pacific, Mediterranean, and I love the idea of the Frozen Arctic for future expansions.

5. Good call midoki, i definately think brand new maps would be better than map expansion, plus it would make the game feel fresh and add tons more of replayability starting out fresh! Perhaps to unlock these you'd have to defeat an extremely hard base on the single player map.

6. ChrisJTillman

ChrisJTillman Powder Monkey

I'm struggling on the first one still haha

7. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I was just thinking of adding a new Atlantic Map And That Arctic Idea Is Pretty Cool

(Sorry If I Have Bad Grammar English Is Not My Language)

8. Dario Viva

Dario Viva Crew

maybe a viking-world?
    because they are a bit like pirates.

9. Hhomer62

Hhomer62 Powder Monkey

Adding more maps is a great idea

10. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I got to point out your signature...it is amazing!

11. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

What Do You Mean By Pointing Out My Signature

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So for the map room, would we go through rolls of maps or start on a globe and then access maps

Sigrid and Moscow Cat like this.
  13. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The current thinking is that it will be a series of maps that can be swapped between, but nothing has been set in stone yet

14. Dominique

Dominique Powder Monkey

I can't wait!!!!!!

15. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

This is awesome, guys. New maps alone are super exciting, but the thought of plundering through new locations and eras sounds amazeballs! Can't wait halloween_lol

16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Yes!!!

17. Nice! New maps. I hope there will also be new monsters like the Charybdis and Scylla. That would be, of course, on a Greek themed map.

18. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I love this idea, exactly how I want it to be! :) Also, I would love more sea monsters, different kinds of them! Maybe some that are several squares big? :eek:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. That is my hope too

20. CappY chris

CappY chris Powder Monkey

Love all the ideas for the new maps and can't wait to see them. I'm only around 65% done on the map now but was hoping to hear that after this one is finished that there'll be more.... Happy days!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.