map expansion?

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by poo, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo1

Momo1 Powder Monkey

Any news of this happening in the near future?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

No idea as to when it will happen, but new maps are promised.

3. pwrovryou

pwrovryou Crew

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  4. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Different era maps sound great. Any new maps sound great. Hurry up, guys. We are all in favor of new ports and monsters.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Likely this won't be released for awhile. I imagine that the coding required to add maps is extensive, can you imagine the coding required to switch between maps? That's quite a bit of code for an 8 man crew. Still, this is definitely one of those features that I al anxiously awaiting

6. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Is the consensus that you'd only get to sail your ship on one map at a time? Or is there the possibility of creating our own fleet(!)? Add a Harbour building that costs EP (since there's no more use for it after getting the last lighthouse) and can creat "scavengers" that hold a couple guys and can simply go exploring but not attack anything beyond 1 star. Give them greater speed by 25% though to make up for it. One scavenger per level of Harbor.

Edit: just saw this thread: http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/breakdown-of-ships-complement.1273/ could put the scavenger in the Shipyard instead...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  7. Floki

Floki Captain

Hurry please as my ship lays idol and my pirates are just getting drunk allllll the time. I keep saying how about a little sail about the map and its always the same thing...Been there done that! Sometimes I just want to slap them but alas we will wait for a new map....

8. Floki

Floki Captain

We could have a space pirates map and we could all travel around Ur........Some planets.:D

Captain Harlock likes this.
  9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Just when I thought I could live without PP running 24/7, I read this. :confused:

Ok; It's a hopeless cause and now I'm in it for the long haul. Bring It ON! :D

TiGeR

10. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

I know a tiny bit about coding, enought to know that the code work required would not be too hard. They already have a template for the next new map with the original. Also switching maps would be as easy for them aswell.

11. Coding is one, but it's not pretty to look at code. The time consuming thing is designing it. And as you can see from the game they strive for perfection.

PrettyInPink likes this.
  12. Cpt. Sharkhook

For a coder its always fun if it's their dream profession. I don't doubt the time consumption one bit.

13. Two things:
    1. You should do a 40 hour a week job. Everything get's boring at a certain moment.
    2. I was talking about the graphics and the designers who need to draw everything etc etc. That is time consuming.

14. Cpt. Sharkhook

Ok I'll get right on another 40 hour a week job while being a legitimate shaman.

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Wait...what?

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  16. Cpt. Sharkhook

My off days are devoted to shamanic rituals and magick

17. Moscow Cat

Moscow Cat Crew

I like the idea of scrolls of maps lying on a desk. the visual of that makes me happy. perhaps with ones that have visible compasses? so we would know which direction is NESW and so on... you know, so when talking about our islands we can give coordinates. I thought I knew which way was which but we recently had a discussion about this in my guild and now I am not so sure... ;)

Tikigirl likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think the devs said the original map would not be expanded, but new maps (probably buyable with all that EP) will be available.

19. Luqman

Luqman Crew

New maps? Like different places err.. I mean different seas?
    I also wonder if there are new mobs...

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yes. Entirely new maps. Some maybe having different places, or themes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.