Monthly Rank Reset

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain Hakjka, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Hi All

I would like to see everyone's ranks reset to 0 each Quarter or Month. And monthly rewards given for achieving rank -
    100 = 5 gems 100k gold and grog
    200 = 15 gems 200k gold and grog
    500 = 35 gems 500k gold and grog
    600 = 40 gems 1 million grog
    700 = 50 gems 2 million grog
    800 = 60 gems 3 million grog (let's have lots of grog up top - lets the big guns loose)
    Etc etc
    1400 = automatic ban (joke)

At end of Month what I would love to see is the Top 100 /200 Guilds & Top 200/400 players given a special award, i.e. First 5 days they get use of one of the festive crew!! Unfair yes, reason to make the top ALOT.

The reason for this is;
    1) MAIN REASON - My guild would love it, rank push with rewards - guilds would become very active. Scoreboards being watched by thousands of players, which guild made it? did our guild do it!! Are we close?
    2) Inactive players - "dispenser cleaners who login regularly but don't do more than that) it will be another measure of showing me who is active in guild. Some players simply don't like rumbles but do like rank pushes, I wana keep them.
    3) it will stop all the negative comments on the forum.

So PLEASE without making negative comments about cheats etc, what do you think?

a) Good idea, YES/No,
    B) any improvements
    C) any alternative ideas?

Hakjka
    Do I smell a Mutiny? "Mutiny Ahoy"

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

An interesting and worthwhile suggestion... but to make this even worth pushing for, the rewards would need to increase.
    At the proposed rate, most would see a benefit in staying under 100PR and concentrate on winning rumbles for a greater reward (an active guild winning most could easily return 25-30 mil gold/grog in a month + gems. (as is already the case)
    1. I do like the idea of a reward for 'rank pushing' as a guild. I think this could be implemented easily into the current system as a standalone item
    2. Inactive players - for the Captain and 1st Mates to manage against the current guild rules/guidelines (each guild and member is different in regard to this subject)
    3. I doubt this will ever stop; but the extra rewards and activities (pushes) might distract many.
    Special reward - not unfair; but I think would be difficult to implement and may cause more negative results in the forum, especially if it ended up being 'buggy' (i.e.: replays)

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

A) Yes
    B) Starting rank should be based on your PH level. Let's say 25 PR per PH level? Also, rewards should be calculated based on jump past starting PR.
    C) no alternative ideas

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes. It sets everyone on even ground if it regularly clears the board, which is great. I wouldn't give people special troop access, but maybe a new decoration or special flag to show off if they got high enough. I don't really like rumbling - if I was still farming its a nice bonus, but once you're all maxed, rumbling is meh, so this would be a good alternative.

I'd say make it a once a month thing. Longer than that is too long. Weekly might be slightly too often.

I also agree it shouldn't be set to 0 but should be staggered based on PH level.

METALBULLDOG and Captain Hakjka like this.
  5. Captain Hakjka

thanks @Ian @Gangrene Beard @Skye , great feedback.

Come on everyone if you like this idea lets get some posts behind it

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 - Monthly sounds just right since most guilds do monthly 'pushes' anyway

+1 - I'd love another flag, mine looks awfully lonely (plus since UK is currently still part of EU...)

+1 - reward longer time players with head start!

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

+1. Maybe not a full reset. Maybe just minus 300 or so.

8. Captain Hakjka

Thank @peg-brain bob - flying the winners flag could be fun, a flag big enough to hide a Ground Pounder or two behind would be very nice ))

perhaps 0 is a bit harsh, perhaps reset you to certain key Pirate Ranks
    0-100 reset to 0
    100- 200 reset to 100
    200 - 300 reset to 200
    300 - 500 reset to 300
    500 - 700 reset to 500
    700 + reset to 700

METALBULLDOG and Gangrene Beard like this.
  9. Captain Hakjka

Any more backers for this, post if you want change, post if you don't, and ignore if you really don't lol

10. I also think this is a great idea.

It will add more competition and encourage people to play at high ranks instead of staying down low. This may also satisfy people who are complaining about people lowering their rank while rumbling.

I would be okay with full reset or the suggested staggered reset every month. It doesn't take all that long to move back up the ranks with a combination of successful offensive attacks and defensive wins.

11. Tex

Tex Commodore

I am against going to this length to solve a problem a few troublemakers are causing. It is difficult but doable to get 800+. It isn't fair to the str8 shooters who get there, to knock back down. Not if you want my money. But I would suggest a compromise is to change the shield mechanics for the Top 25-50 players. If you pays gems to buy a shield, go for it, but they have cool downs, so u can't survive on them. But shorten or takeaway the "free shield" because some guilds are using that to stay up there. Also, make their bases available to more attackers. And don't get us started on the rank boost "loophole".

Now, if a rank equalizer was used each month I would be ok if it was limited to only the Top of the leaderboard. They are the problem anyway.

Becker Redbeard, Raptelan and Fil like this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

That's kinda what clash of clans just did. They created a new league at their version of high ranks. The league starts at 5k rank and at the end of the month is reset to 5k. Any extra rank you get is added to a stat in your profile page for bragging rites.

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

That sounds like an elegant solution. But what are the odds Midoki will ever do anything about this?

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Probably nothing. It's taken clash how many years to finally address it? Way longer than this game has been around...

15. Fil

Fil Captain

This is a whole lot of hubbub over a problem caused by what...10 players in the world?

16. Captain Hakjka

@Tex thanks for the post, the aim wasn't really to do with 25-50 players at the top, it was more to add a feature that made players want to actively rank push and get rewarded for it. It was just incidental that it would affect them. Interesting ideas about the sheilds, how about top 200 can't have shield, purchased or not. An idea for another thread I think

@*Cap'n Sparkle* thanks for your +1

@Fil thanks for joining in - see reply to Tex, it was not the aim of the thread to target 10 players etc

17. Fil

Fil Captain

I understand now and think something to encourage top players to fight more is a great idea. However, I dont think removing what they have achieved is the way to do that. Thats like the video game guy walking into the arcade once a month and erasing the high score. To me that is catering to a player who isnt willing to put in the time or work that the top players put in, but wants to be put on an even playing field with them.

I would look more at a top 200 rumble type format. Most wins, most stars, most BP, or whatever within a certain amount of time. If you want to remove gems from the equation a bit you could use averages or only count so many, etc.

Thoughts?

18. Captain Hakjka

thoughts 1) @Fil I like your idea like a champions league style individual rumble for the top 200. suggestion to your idea is there could be a countdown clock once every couple of days for players to make the top 200 then Rumble Ahoy for those individuals. It would have to be no shield mayhem for 24 hours oh lots of ideas. Different start times announced to accommodate timezones, other players can watch the battles live, ohh yes lots of ideas quick @Fil start another thread on top 200 rumble.

2) Lol, aye I used to hate that guy at the arcades and take the point, @Bear gave a good solution to that.

3) My master plan for this thread I will try and explain. I was hoping for something to cater all ranks all Ph levels and not just the top 100/200 and something that also gives both individuals and guilds a reward. For individual whether you have players who can only achieve a low PR or the 800s like someone I know @Fil ;) it will motivate them to PUSH and take part. I know from experience that when British Bulldogs Guild made rank 13 in the world! (Very proud of that moment) we still had players under 300. If they had got to 400 who knows we could have made top ten. If Midoki could offer a loot reward then I am sure it would motivate all players to take PR seriously ( you never know Midoki they may buy gems to do it :D ) - so to sum that all up in a few words "I'm looking for ideas to motivate all players to increase PR."

@Fil So sticking to Monthly rank reset topic do you think it would work with @Bear suggestion of the profile holding the bragging rights? Or do you prefer the current midoki solution,no reset? Or do you have another idea to fulfill the long list in my master plan!

METALBULLDOG likes this.
  19. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

Rather then reset I would prefer to see a hard lock on bottom pirate rank once achieved. Ie you can't get below 0 rank once you hit rank 100 you are in that tier and will never drop below that.
    So tiers would be
    0-99
    100 - 199
    200 - 299

Then set up matchmaking to look for cross tier matching
    Tier one 0-50
    Tier two 51-150
    Tier three 151-250

This would prevent people from dropping rank and bullying lower tier players. It would also pair up top tier players with the bottom of tier above them to prove they can be in that tier. Could even create a rank battle that would pair you up with a player from tier above you to allow you to move to that rank. You could make rank battle supercede shields but could only be attempted once per day.

20. Fil

Fil Captain

Im personally against rank reset however I would be open to it as a punishment for inactivity. Mandate a minimum number of battles fought per 30 days and if you dont hit that minimum its lose 100PR and after so long even back to zero. But im talking about real bare minimums, just enough to prevent someone from sitting at a top post forever while doing nothing

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015