Monthly Rank Reset

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain Hakjka, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Interesting idea @sdofigew, my only concern is if you don't upgrade enough you maybe stuck in a tier and not able to advance in the game? Also there would need to be a balance in the higher tiers for loot rewards as it would run out fast without being able to farm. What do you think?

2. Captain Hakjka

@Fil well ideas have to start with some change and if to get to my goal of the !!master plan!! To start with your idea I would be a great move I recon!! +1 from me

Fil likes this.
  3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Stackers got warned and then their bases got touched if they didn't heed the warning. Collusionists (easily identifiable by their attack/defense log) should likewise be warned and get their ranks touched. No need to screw up thr leaderboard for the rest of us.

Becker Redbeard and Ian like this.
  4. Skye

Skye Commodore

how about -5pr/day to all top 200 or something so they have to attack (or win a defense) once a day if they don't want to be pruned. Since everyone drops an equal amount, it wouldn't knock them down any ranks, so they'd still have their position they earned, but it would make them have to work harder to keep it.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  5. Captain Hakjka

@Raptelan thanks for the post, the aim of this thread wasn't to deal with cheaters, it was more to add a feature that made players want to actively rank push and get rewarded for it. Interesting ideas about the Collusionists An idea for another thread I think.

@Skye thanks for the post, the aim of the thread isn't to target the top 200 but offer something to all players, however I think your idea is a worthy idea for discussion on another thread. i was starting to think about what would happen if you extended loss of 5PR a day to all players which would fit into this thread more. And I think it may have a negative effect on PR and make PR even less valuable than it currently it. So I think this is definitely a top 200 idea only.

6. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

So thinking could only go up a tier by attack. Like making a rank match that allows you to move to new tier. That would protect a person defense moving them into a tier there units can't win against. I think it would be nice to maybe link errands to your tier giving better rewards to higher tiers which could be used to balance loot in dry tiers.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  7. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

+1
    But rank reset of everyone above PR 800 to 800 monthly is reasonable. Those playing (I believe) legitimately above 800, Green, Taiwan, Booty Isle, many others can move up easily enough in a short period of time. That said, the manipulators will use the loophole of their friends in other guilds losing to them to achieve illegitimate PR.

8. Fil

Fil Captain

800 is reasonable today but I dont think it was 2 months ago, PRs were much higher then. Would be tough to set a target number as it seems to move

9. Tex

Tex Commodore

Mr. Green playing legitimately?! That was so funny it gave me tears!! o_O

10. CerealKillerBowl

CerealKillerBowl Powder Monkey

I think reseting the rank will make leaderboards useless, & will make the attack balancing unbalanced, cuz if a ph8 has a rank of 1,like a ph3, it woulddn't b fair. So what should be hapaning is how much ranks u got up in a month...

11. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Midoki has made it so that during matchmaking, outside of being in a rumble, players will only be matched against opponents whose PH level is + or - 1 level from their own.

I like this idea a lot and appreciate the extent of detail you took to illustrate it. @Captain Hakjka

12. Captain Hakjka

+1 Nice idea linking the errands @sdofigew

Thanks @Becker Redbeard For the vote.

@Fil, agreed and if my plan works the. More people will rank push so it will get higher and higher, I would love to see player moaning it is too active in the top 200 and to have a new upper level.

Thanks @One-Eyed Willy

@everyone please reply to this thread if you support the ideas within it.

13. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Support. But...what will happen to Mr. "I will be back" ??

14. Captain Hakjka

Just out of interest does over 500 views make the master list or do I need to slog on getting +1 for this idea?

Show your support, more +1s, more improvements to the idea, more negative comments, more more more )))