Name Donators

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Resarf, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Resarf

Resarf Captain

Please, people donating wrong troops and general anger towards it is hurting this game.

Can you please list who donated the troops. This will solve this issue, you might get the wrong troops but you will know who did it, which will in turn stop people being idiots.

Its a simple fix could be done server side I think.

Strike likes this.
  2. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'm sure this feature will come, but really, are you one of the angry receivers of a donation gift?

Maybe its just me, but I see donations of any level as a commendable effort from (ALL) my ship mates. Lower level players are just as eager to help out and higher level players should support them.

TiGeR

Raptelan, Christy and Bear like this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not a server side fix - it'd require adjustments to the UI at the least, which would require a client update. We are planning on adding though, so you can gently remind people that although you appreciate the thought, you don't really need a load of level one Buccaneers when your own are 20+. ;)

Darke Shadow likes this.
  4. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

It's been less about the levels and more about the types. People asking for raiders and getting brutes. Messes with planned attackes, particularly in higher levels. Clash shows who donated so you know how to correct members. Yes, I agree with those who are gonna say be happy with what you get and you should be able to win without them. At the same time, some people plan very careful attacks and the gs troops are part of that plan. And with the tougher defenses, the gs helps tip the balance in some battles.

Strike likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This is where a persistent donation message would help. If you type "Send me Brutes", then the next time you request troops, the message box auto-populates "Send me Brutes". Most of the people in my guild are tired of changing the default message, so everyone just gives each other gunners.

Also helpful to borrow from Clash is the ability to delete unwanted troops from your ship.

Sigrid, Strike, Christy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

++++1 on that. Maybe the easier solution. Lots of moaning and groaning in clash before that was implemented. Really messed up war castles when people didn't read requests.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yup yup

8. Floki

Floki Captain

I don't like the suspicion associated with this so I have stopped donating I also will never ask!

9. Resarf

Resarf Captain

It could be done server side, the donation event could trigger a server generated chat message.

10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I am pretty sure the real reason I got kicked out of my last guild was because I donated a ship full of buccaneers to a teammate as a joke. He didn't notice they weren't sky raiders until in battle and sure didn't like it very much!

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ah, but we've already got complaints about the requests filling up guild chat, I think we'd be murdered in our beds if we started listing each donator! We'd might be able to use the message tab...

12. Floki

Floki Captain

I'm not a fan but that's just me and the game will always be bigger than just a few players...

13. Resarf

Resarf Captain

Haha, thats gold

14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

In Clash, the donator is identified in disappearing text that appears for a few seconds at the top of the screen. You have to be on at the time of the donation to see it. No log is kept, and it doesn't show up in the chat window. To me that is the best approach.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

In clash it's an on screen message that fades after a second. So no chat clogging.

16. Floki

Floki Captain

Wake up ...log in ...go to chat ...see what's happening ....gunner please or bum pirates please.....freakin great glad I bothered to look.......Chat is dead!

Christy likes this.
  17. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Time to find some better guildmates? I have found that the guild ship is great for encouraging more chat, except in inactive guilds...

18. Floki

Floki Captain

Active guild it be....

19. Christy

Christy Commodore

Agreed. Our chat is way to full of donation requests. So all REAL chat is immediately buried in the 32 lines :mad: P.S. Love your new banner Flooookkkkiiiiiiii

20. Floki

Floki Captain

I like it to sorta brooding and full of menace.....:oops:
    I want old chat back....Stamps foot and folds arms thinks of cleaning something with fire....

Christy likes this.