Name the Island Winners!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Aug 21, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I believe Sir Frances Drake named Deception Pass in Washington State, because he was deceived and thought the geographical area was another water way

Slim Hawks likes this.
  2. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Ho! Is that a challenge? ;) Those British towns’ names are great. I particularly love “Barton in the Beans” and can only imagine the churches that go with them (“Saint Mary the Virgin Great Snoring” how did they let that happen? Just blows (or should I say snores) my mind).

Anyway, I still think the French did better. Here’s some:

If you don’t know the meaning of them, I strongly advise you to google them, most of it is just unbelievable.

https://www.spi0n.com/50-noms-villages-droles-panneaux/

So, considering Canada has both heritages, I figure they evolved pretty well when we see where they come from… and we could let them have that Furby’s Cove.

Lynsey [Midoki] and Slim Hawks like this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I've been to three Canadian provinces, beautiful countryside

4. U. R. Chin

U. R. Chin Powder Monkey

Heya Midoki,

thanks so much for choosing my entry! :)

what a cool surprise that was, when my ship discovered the island Tyrfing's Torment just now. Btw, one of the wielders was a berserker... that ought to be another good fit ;)

Heading back out onto the waters to discover more fun island names... Congrats to the other selected entries!

Cheers!
    Spiky Shallows.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.