New (Old) WD AI is a joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bl00dBaTh, Nov 11, 2015.

1. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Hmmm, I only use a handful of gunners to clear side buildings then unleash my bombers, juggs and WD to bust a hole in some walls and about the time the bombers reach the wall I deploy some 20 odd gunners, 20 skellys and maybe a heavy gunner. The WD which was protecting the juggs and bombers usually walks back a bit to catch the huge amount of gunners and then never leaves their side. Once into the base I resurrect a crap ton of skeletons and dead skellys which usually has me ending the battle with a bunch of troops, WD included.

2. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I feel your pain on the items. I've been sailing for a week, non stop, maybe longer, for 6 Masks. I've gotten 4 and a mass amount of Battered Chests I can't even open cause I need those last Masks to clear space.

Once I actually explored the areas of the green Kraken that drop Masks, I've never had issue getting them. Now suddenly, I can't get them, even that low star orange Kraken now drop Masks.

3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

At least he lives longer now though. Pigging backing a Jugg was a death sentence with the way he got all up in their sh*t.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm having the same issue trying to get squid ink, I was dumping my voodoo masks, and when squid ink finally dropped (3 of it!), so did voodoo masks which took up the slot and put my 3 inks into the ocean :c

5. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea that's really annoying, it's happened to me a few times, we should be able to go to our Silo when that happens.

6. bucket

bucket First Mate

Been noticing here lately that the WD likes to hurdle walls. Hes been doing it so much, I think he is trying out for the Olympics in Rio. lol. Was just wondering if this was normal and I am just now noticing it or if its not supposed to happen. I do like the vh5 max upgrade on him though. Can revive alot more skeletons.

Christy and awbo like this.
  7. Christy

Christy Commodore

Ha ha. I noticed the same thing. I sat there waiting for him to walk to the large pile of bones I needed to start dancing and WOW there he went jumping hurdles in the opposite direction :eek:

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

WD has always jumped walls, although I almost never get to experience it myself :c Unsure if its intended but he's done it forever.

9. He seems to have a thing for Sadie (or maybe her goat!) and will stick by her side no matter what else is going on, you have to throw her at a wall before he will move onto somewhere more useful.

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I've never seen him do it in the past and now he does it regularly for me as well. Jump walls that is.

11. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I can't say I really noticed any wall jumping before the update. I mean, they say this is old AI, but I never saw the WD jump walls with the AI before this one. He always walked around. But if this is the same old AI from a few changes ago, he must have done it a while ago.