New PH 9 updates. What do you all think about the new look?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger Claw, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Ok,

What’s my first impression of the new Pirate Hall L 9, L 15 Cannon and L 11 Mortar? :confused: Yeah, umm, ok. o_O

Is it just me, or is PP moving away form and appearance of Pirate toughness to a more subtle and flamboyant candlelight atmosphere? :cool:

So... what about my likes…

I like the newer look of the Black Smith, Gold/Grog Storage, Gold Mines, Guild Hall, Pirate Catcher, Tavern and Voodoo Hunt. Kudo’s to the designers. I couldn’t offer a comment on the newer Academy because of a current upgrade being performed.

I don't know what to say at this point. What do are fellow pirates think of the recent updates from an entirely visual perspective (only)?

Spill it brothers and sisters. Let free those comments you keep buried deep inside.

TiGeR

edited for spelling

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the way everything looks except the cannons. The blue/green shield just doesn't look tough or very pirate like.

3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

This comment is directed directly at the Midoki management team…

Consider creating custom skins for item's such as the Pirate Hall, Cannons and Gun Towers. IMHO most people would jump at an opportunity to purchase custom skins for these items and doing so would offer your players individuality in appearance and an increase in revenue potential.

TiGeR

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Tex, Captain Hakjka and awbo like this.
  4. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

Why is there a dragon on top of the pirate hall? I don't like the cannons. I like the new walls and everything else is ok but still doesn't look very piratey.

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Big no to skins. I need to know what level everything is at a quick glance. As for visual appeal. Ugly. But I only see HP and damage dealt so whatever.

Tikigirl, Bear and Becker Redbeard like this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I like how it looks, but I haven't seen max level walls yet, just level 12. The academy definitely stands out now, and the stores got a much needed update.

7. bucket

bucket First Mate

I really like how the gold storage and gun towers look. Very bad arse! From what I saw of the level 15 cannons, they look like something the french royalty would wear in the 17th century.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

The max lvl walls do look cool. You can see them on one of the new exploration forts.

cmooneey likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Just saw the maxed Stronghold. It looks like an aztec palace!

10. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

Who has a maxed stronghold?

11. Max stronghold are NPC's on your map. You can check everything out there.

Furthermore in my opinion I love all the new designs, I think the PH goes very very well with the new walls.
    The only thing I really hate (even more then I hated the wooden guntowers and walls back in those days) are the cannons.
    I give those a big big thumb down, like a really low thumb, it's hitting the floor thats how low my thumb is..:p

Tiger Claw likes this.
  12. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

I mean who has a maxed base by far? I am interested in the new upgrades

13. besides the NPC's? No one that I know of, there are guys that already have all building maxed except their walls, just take a look at some of the guys at the top of the leaderboard.

14. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

I will have a look, the walls sound interesting, though.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Everything there is maxed, if you're curious about how it looks. I don't have a pic of the other wall level (if someone wants to post a pic of corner/mid pieces, that would be great)

As for building stats (damage/hp), if you're curious, I updated the building stats spreadsheet topic in strategy forum to show stats on new upgrades.

16. Skye

Skye Commodore

Silly stronghold forgot to pre-rotate the gun towers!

17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yeah, but it looks good!

18. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

I found out that the pirate hall can have its cannons high or low. High cannons are like mortars, they attack at a certain distance. Low cannons have half damage but attack at melee range. I also got some pics of the walls. But I can't put them up from my iPad.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not quite right! The medium range turrets (upper cannons) have lower damage than the short range turrets (lower cannons). Both function in a similar way to the Gun Towers, in that each cannon fires direct damage bullets on individual pirates (mortars are quite different, they do slow firing splash damage shells).

20. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Everything awesome!
    Except cannons - what da hell is that?!
    And dragon with chicken claws. I understand, China is a big market but we won't see hieroglyphs on the PH, eh? )
    And too much gold on the structures as for me

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015