New PH 9 updates. What do you all think about the new look?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger Claw, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

The short and medium settings seems to imply a long range setting for PH 10?!!!

2. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I don't like, but don't really mind the appearance. It is a logical evolution. Some things I will like more, others I like less, but it doesn't affect the game play. The mortars, however, went from being marginally phallic to being ultra-phallic. That is probably my biggest complaint.

Tiger Claw and awbo like this.
  3. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

The lighthouse needs a facelift. It's all quaint and cape cod while the rest of the buildings are covered in skulls and spikes. Wrap a kraken or something around it ;)

alebvk, cmooneey and awbo like this.
  4. I really like the desing on every builiding and now it seems that almost everything has spikes, but what I like the most is the Voodo Hut because at level 5 it really looks like a magical place. I haven't seen the new GH and my only complain is that the bunkers did not got an upgrade.Also, do the level 15 cannons get a range upgrade?

5. Don't get to hasty Bear.

6. Nope unfortunately not

7. I guess the cannons are stuck at nine tiles.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  8. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Old man Sigmund Freud would say much about ya )
    I call new mortar Valve.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  9. Machop69

Machop69 Crew

Dudes, the cannons look like the maxed levelled ones in boom beach. Right now, my cannons are maxed for pirate hall 6. I call them the 'Tiger Tail'.

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

One man's phallices are another man's bow guns. Gonna miss those girls.
    [​IMG]

Raptelan and Tiger Claw like this.
  11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Thank you, I now will have a better visual when looking upon the mortars ;)

12. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

You really had me rolling on that comment brother... total LOL

TiGeR

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

My only big gripe with the update is cannons/GT both need an extra 1 range, but HG seem to be behaving slightly better now so its less of an issue, at the moment at least.

But if ship/lighthouse don't get a needed facelift by ph10... :c

14. I think the cannons will stay at nine tiles, because you can have 8( correct me if I'm wrong) and if you know how to place them, you can still cover a lot of ground.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Good lord, you might need to see a doctor about that! O_O

Raptelan likes this.
  16. I had to google that.. It was not pleasant when you just had breakfast..

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

At least the mortars don't look like a red bikini top in the middle of my base anymore :D

18. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I call it a Bloody Big Budgy.

19. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

I think it is kind of gross to see a lot of players already max out the new update. There is going to be plenty of time between now and the next update. We rumbled with a guild where all the first mates had maxed bases. Between the training grounds bonus, 5 additional pirates, and academy upgraded pirates, they cut through everything with ease.

The upgraded cannons look childish, and like nothing a pirate would design. The shark trap does 10K damage and works once to swallow up whatever is in the trap. It has 4500 hp, and I'm not sure if you can attack it.

Most of the other upgrades look good or at least decent.

20. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

There are a few updates that are less obvious. Crew can accept player requests to join the guild, and appear to be able to kick or promote players that are cabin boys. I assume that this works for anyone lower than your current guild status. I dunno if first mates can initiate rumbles yet.

I'm not a fan of crew being able to kick or promote cabin boys. One pissy crew member can leave a guild with flair.