New Rumble scoring system

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 7, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As of 2.1.0, a new system of scoring will be introduced for Rumbles.

What are Plunder Points?

Plunder Points are the new system of scoring. You earn Plunder Points for successfully attacking another player's island.

How do they differ from Battle Points?

Unlike BP and EP, Plunder Points are used purely for scoring, and not as a currency.

As with BP, the number of Plunder Points you can get increases with your Pirate Hall level, the level of the Pirate Hall you're attacking, and the quality of your victory (one star, two star or three star).

However, the amount of Plunder Points you can get scales significantly with your Pirate Hall level - this is to reflect and reward the increase in recruitment time and increased difficulty that comes with progression.

Does this mean we lose our 25% BP bonus on Rumble Rivals? MY PRECIOUSSSS BP!

Nope, you'll still get a 25% BP bonus IN ADDITION to the 25% Plunder Points bonus when fighting a Rumble Rival!

What happens if my guild is mid-rumble when the system is introduced?

You will return to the update to find your Rumble score and position on the board unchanged. However, any post-update fights in the Rumble will be using the new system.

How does this impact on guild/player Rumble stats/Rumble Leaderboard?

The stats will also be moving over to the new scoring system.

Capt Drowns, Souki, bucket and 13 others like this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Sounds great on paper!

Malleus Pirata, Ironhook and Tex like this.
  3. And the most important question. When will 2.1.0 appear?

Fil likes this.
  4. Compton

Compton Crew

Can't wait!!!

5. Lynsey had told earlier in some other discussion that this update would roll out near the end of October. I just hope we get it few days before.

AcProt likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

And the really most important question. How long will it take smart players to game the new system?

7. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

It sounds better than the current system which is so corrupt. Afraid the gemmers will be the winners. That may end my pirate career. Been a good run.

8. SaK

SaK First Mate

have u done something to not matched up with minis?
    as @Daddy P said...looks good on paper, doesnt matter a new scoring

9. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

They already did before i think @SaK ... I think what will happen hopefully is that most guilds will drop the now hopefully useless minis. Then with the way they averaged the PH levels before will come back into play. Unless they reverted back to the old system of rumble matching. So we will be back to waiting to get matched with a mostly PH 9 guild like before and it may take some time, which I think is fine.

So nothing really changes unless you had minis in your guild I suppose? More incentive to mix up your PH levels and take on new and upcoming pirates... which... might bring in some excitement?

@Tex I didn't think groundhog day was upon us yet?

SaK, Cocobean and Tex like this.
  10. diddly-squat

diddly-squat Powder Monkey

I think this is a great way to eliminate the issue of mini bases however it's pants for new players. It some ways it will create a class system where they (players with low level PHs) are unlikely to be recruited into existing high level guilds.

I understand it's incredibly difficult to be all things to all people, but I can't help feel that the prospect of locking out new players won't end well for the game overall...

An answer might be to create leagues where guilds containing certain level players can compete against their contemporaries...

Kelani likes this.
  11. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Can't get into the server, a glitch or update??

cmooneey likes this.
  12. John56

John56 First Mate

If the score change works as it sounds like it will, a lower PH level player should be able to score nearly as much as a high PH. A PH9 might take 1 hour to recruit his troops and a 3-star attack gives him 20 Plunder Points. In that same hour, a PH4 with a recruitment time of 15 minutes can get in 4 attacks, each worth, say, 5 Plunder Points. So they both score 20 in an hour, and the higher level player isn't penalized for his longer recruiting time. If anything, the lower level player will have more fun since he gets to attack 4 times as much :)

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Also possible other factors could be taken into consideration when awarding Plunder Points, skewing the points a little higher in favor of the higher level PH.

14. John56

John56 First Mate

Lynsey mentioned the level of the PH you attack affects the Plunder Points. While a PH4 may be able to 3-star a higher level base, a PH9 does not have that option. So, hopefully, there will be a greater amount for the higher PH levels.

15. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Id really like to see the update happen tonight.

cmooneey likes this.
  16. hello guys, definitely the new system will stem the phenomenon "double accounts" and "small islands to many bp". The problem will be that there will always be more guilds "monstrous" and less guilds "medium". In addition it will be easier to win the fights for those who can recruit using gems. To make it fair, they might think to abolish the recruitment using gems, or better yet tripling the cost :)

17. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Gem use is absolutely fair. You have the choice to gem or not. If you decide not to gem then don't cry foul if others decide to gem. And although I use very few gems (<5/rumble) I completely support those that do use gems and thank them for their help in supporting my PP habit!

18. MMONSTER

MMONSTER Powder Monkey

Dear Lynsey, would a success defense (no star) gives Battle Point during the rumble?

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not at launch, but it's something we could consider (along with deducting points for failed attacks) - now that it's divorced from the economy, we have a lot more flexibility.

Booty isle likes this.
  20. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Although I in principle like the idea of rewarding defensive victories, good base designs should be rewarded. I am not so sure it would be good in the realm of rumbles. It would be way too easy to get points from attacks by farmers and surrenders. It also encourages people to log off with the hope of being attacked. I don't like the idea of a maxed PH9 base not participating in the battle but still getting lots of points due to failed attacks.

I don't like the idea of losing points for losses. All too easy for lower level players who are trying to win challenging battles to get into negative numbers. Discouraging them from playing is not a good strategy for midoki.

Mr. Brown, Tex, John56 and 1 other person like this.