New Rumble scoring system

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 7, 2015.

1. I too would like to know how Midoki calculates player profile rumble averages.

It does not show consistency of participation in rumbles as someone can do a 10k+ rumble and then sit back and do buggar all to help for rest of week - which seems to not effect their rumble avg score by much. However it can be a good indicator if we knew the amount of rumbles their rumble average score was calculated from for recruitment purposes.

Christy and PTO Plunderer like this.
  2. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I was wondering because we had someone apply--been in over 100 rumbles but average is 0. But they average 10 attacks/day. Makes no sense!

Christy likes this.
  3. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

How about basing match ups on total attacks?. That way, all guilds whose players drop rank and gem like crazy can have a lot of fun with each other(actual example one player has 128/350 attack in 20 hrs) and those of us who gem but not in the extreme can rumble against like minded guilds. A win/win for everybody.

4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

If the person did their huge number of attacks prior to the revised plunder point system then those attacks would count for att/day but not for rumbles. Additionally, attacking the map bases will count for att/day but won't count for rumble average.

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Plunder Points for both Rumbles and Leaderboard scoring has been tweaked, see the Announcement forum for more details.

6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Poor bandaid implementation. Why don't you just force us to only match against the same level of PH instead of all this tweaking of pp to get the same desired result?

Why should ppl receive different pp for the same target just because the attacker has a different PH. Troops are irrelevant because they could easily be the same as they are based on academy which is not the PH. Higher level troops take longer is one argument I hear. Yes, but those higher level troops should be able to do more, so that is a wash too.

You are making the pp system too complicated to be useful and reasonable. A better solution would be to properly fix the PR system in the first place. The biggest complaint to high PR is the lack of loot. I suggest adding a reward system that would give loot proportional to PR. Thus incentivizing gaining PR.

Keena-CBD likes this.
  7. John56

John56 First Mate

Isn't that exactly what this is? A reward for maintaining a higher PR in the form of more Plunder Points per successful attack means that more players will keep their PR higher, resulting in more available loot at higher PR levels. This should at least disincentive the players who drop to PR1 and then hunt for loot in the under 100 PR range.

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Lynsey has mentioned in the past looking for more ways to increase loot. I'm sure she's always looking for more ways to do that.

Making it so you could only attack the same PH is not a good option, because when a new PH comes out, the early adopters that gem it won't have almost anyone to attack. I gemmed PH10 within seconds of it going live, I wouldn't have been able to attack almost anyone for nearly two weeks! PH-2 range is fair enough. PH9 are still worth attacking if you can get a 3* with a really cheap army really fast.

This is a great solution. It benefits everyone.

-Low PH bases will be farmed less. Yay for new players!

-Players that care about points will go higher on the board, which will slowly raise the PR of various PH levels, and allow players who care about rank to have an incentive to be a higher rank.

-Players that care about protecting their loot between upgrades can drop rank, and since a large number of stronger players going for points will no longer fight them, as they won't be worth points, their loot will be safer.

-Players that still need to farm can then find those high loot bases faster - which will get less attacks on average and thus be shielded less. The downside is players hiding to protect loot will likely only be targeted by players looking for loot, but those attacks should be less frequent. UNLESS:

-Players that really want to protect loot and leave their PH out at low ranks will be easier to find, so streakers down low that care about chests but not loot or points will find them faster and easier, making streaking for chests require pressing next less often. This gets players that want to save loot to leave their PH out more readily as well, to increase the chances a player hitting them is looking to streak instead of looking for loot. This improves that whole overall situation.

-Rumbling players will have a higher PR on average now, which means all of that loot will be pushed higher and higher up, making the loot situation at higher ranks better and better.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  9. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

@Skye from what I can tell, right now the defender PR does not come into play. So dropping rank to protect yourself would be worthless, it would only penalize you.

I agree making attacks constrained to the same PH is a bad idea, but was pointing out that that is what the new pp system is effectively trying to do.

10. Now midoki knows how well they screwed the game last month, making new tweaks . I know you want make some money but PLEASE don't screw the game!

11. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

I am lvl 10. Lvl 8-10 are not "new players".

-Players that care about points will go higher on the board, which will slowly raise the PR of various PH levels, and allow players who care about rank to have an incentive to be a higher rank.

Where did you get this from? The game won't punish you if you attack low-rank bases, it will punish you if you attack low-level bases. Your loot is anything but safe.

Frankly the whole "tweak" benefits gemmers most of all and in the long run, it's another pay-to-win change.

12. John56

John56 First Mate

How is the game screwed? This tweak was planned and mentioned before the last update.
    Of all Guilds, PU should be loving this as your members tend to maintain a high PR, and now there will be more loot available up there.

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Outside of rumbles, you cannot find low rank bases if you are a high rank. So you either have to go to a lower rank yourself to find them, thus sacrificing points, or they are safe when they aren't in a rumble. I suspect players that are sitting on loot hiding generally aren't in guilds that rumble every day, as hiding down low is hard to do while still fighting.

Its not punishing you for attacking the low rank base, its punishing you for being low rank to find it in the first place.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  14. Lynsey [Midoki]

- Server update today will see a change to Plunder Points to discourage account sharing.

15. leschueft

leschueft Powder Monkey

How does reducing the amount of PP (from in my case 699 to 21 - PH 10 vs PH 10 both in the 500-600 range) discourage account sharing? points are still points?

Also the change is quiet unfair for those guilds that are trying to catch up to the first one mid-rumble now. I mean, we are first, but the second who was trying hard to catch us, won't be able to change that anymore. You removed them of any hope to catch up.

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Drastically reducing the points mitigates the advantage account sharing guilds have over guilds that are playing the game 'normally' (ie, one person, island, so no accounts that are able to stay online constantly across different time zones, etc).

Unfortunately we've had to roll back this change due to a few issues, but hope to have it back up and running over the next day or so.

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Thank you @Lynsey [Midoki] Very pleased to see Midoki views account sharing as unfair and has taken steps to reduce/eliminate it by greatly reducing Plunder Points of those who engage in this practice. The steps Midoki has taken over the past few days and weeks continues to show Midoki does listen, and continues to address the concerns of the majority of players. Thank you very much Midoki for listening. This is one of the many things that make this game, and the Devs of this game, so much better than almost every other on the market.

18. I ditto that! This game is indeed better that the other ones I've played. In fact, it's the only one I am playing right now! :D

Keelhauler Jake and Compton like this.
  19. Skye

Skye Commodore

Having multiple members share an account is not fair, and arguing against reducing points for those doing it is just making it very clear that you're one of the people that engages in the practice.

I understand having one device for when you're at work, and then using it on another device while you're at home (the legitimate use of account sharing - for multiple devices owned by the player), but guilds that have half a dozen people swapping around a single account so it can be active 24/7 is really unfair, and literally every other multiplayer game on the planet has a ToS that bans letting other players use your account. Most are just provisional clauses attempting at preventing the selling of accounts, as the purchaser would be using your account, but its still an aspect strictly forbidden every single online game I can think of.

Any complaints about this system are going to quickly label you as one of these cheating players, and ruin the reputation of yourself as well as your guild, so if you're one of the very small portion of players abusing this, I'd advise against criticizing the change. Not that we don't already know many of the major players that do it :)

20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

So what is the change exactly and how does it discourage account sharing?