New Troop: Enchanted Parrot

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by One-Eyed Willy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

So, this would be an air based troop invulnerable to the damage of a cannon or mortar! It would fly around the enemies' base pecking (attacking) at buildings.

These feisty parrots would be bred within the Voodoo Hut and their could be an implemented tavern limit set upon them as a horde of them may overwhelm the townsfolk.

These parrots would be vulnerable to the Gun Tower and Bunker and any other defenses Midoki would see fit.

Please offer any additional thoughts or comments for this troop idea!

A'vast,
    Blackbeard

Tex and Captain Monkey like this.
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Tbh I kinda developed a phobia to air troops after CoC lol. My air defense was always too weak against those dragons:)
    I like the idea though, but did the pirates really use air troops?
    Maybe we could get some kind of artillery from our boats. Like a 1 time use in battle maybe?

3. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

That's too bad! I used Loonion a lot, so I am fine.
    I think the parrots are fine, gives a mixture, but should be weak...very weak!

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ye on a second thought, I agree. Maybe it will be to hard to defend against too many types of units and ''special attacks''

5. Kit

Kit First Mate

I do miss a good airborne attacking unit in this game myself. I'm all for the idea and the voodoo touch makes it really interesting. :)

6. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Agreed!

7. Razor

Razor Crew

How about a captain type pirate that has a parrot on his shoulder and when he dies the parrot flies off and attacks a building.

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  8. One-Eyed Willy

Good ideas!

9. One-Eyed Willy

10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Sounds like a character in PvZ...

11. I was discussing this idea among our guild the other day! Great minds think alike! :)

Parrots are such a glaring omission from a pirate based game.

Here's a twist on the idea...

They are not used for attack, but defense.

You have a single parrot cage on your island that guild members donate parrots to. The parrots shouldn't cause damage to the attacking players, but act as a debuff to guild perks from the Blacksmith (for example). Each troop that gets hit by parrot guano loses a little speed, attack or HP.

Any takers? Lol

12. YES I want this right now! Attack of the Parrots!

13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Me like-y! Kind of similar to the effect of the mystic mine, but different. And guild-donated parrots is fab!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. ZX10RTHEJOKER

ZX10RTHEJOKER Powder Monkey

This would be an awesome addition.

15. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

+1 for me to the guild parrot collection )

Suggestions;
    1 parrot per guild member, this could stop or reduce guilds with inactives hogging the top 100 guilds slot.

Allow parrots to be upgraded to take more BP etc, however make the upgrade time /cost very very long and expensive.

New guild members always have to start with basic parrot and upgrade again, making moving guild a bigger decision.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  16. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I was thinking parrots as spells. You can drop a spell of crazed, killer parrots. Of course, this spell would function much better if there were actual pirates defending the town. Prefer to imagine my parrots picking the eyes out of humans rather than smashing windows and destroying buildings like in The Birds. But either works for me. And maybe some crazed, killer attack monkeys too. Love to see rabid monkeys running amuck attacking people. I am sure I've seen monkeys in pirate movies before, so it must be in real life too! Lol

17. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Hakjka i like your idea of new guild members having to start with a basic parrots to combat frequent guild hopping.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  18. One-Eyed Willy

19. Tex

Tex Commodore

Guess who loves this idea!
    Here's a few other ways to implement:
    1. The parrot is deployed like a regular troop to fly interference around gun towers. This causes (1) of the tower canons to focus on parrot until its dead.
    2. Use them as a special abilty similar to Santa's elves. It flys off shoulder of attacking pirate to do some additional damage.
    3. Defensively they fly around island and attack Sky Pirates. So you have to deploy Sky Pirates while they are not in your drop zone.

20. Floki

Floki Captain

We should have a long John Silver pirate with a peg leg and big sword who is a gold diviner coupled with this each Island should have a buried chest somewhere where we keep a portion of our gold.
    A pirate for a treasure hunt.,,,How cool having a treasure chest hidden on our islands.