News: Change your pirate name feature coming soon

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kelani, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I can see it now...

Midoki Devs: "They want us to add what?! Who the hell comes up with such rubbish?" :D

2. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I'm also not particularly thrilled by this upcoming feature, as I share Kelani's concerns as a guild leader. I hope there is a hefty fee that must be paid in gems for each name change, with that fee increasing per successive change.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

In other games that allow it, there are always a few that try to hide behind name changes. But for the most part, it is not abused. In other games we have different themes we go with and everyone might change their name to go with the theme, but we always keep the name we are known by or an abbreviation of it next to the new name so others will know who we are. Granted, in a guild where most people don't know each other well and don't communicate as friends, I can see this as a minor pain as there might be no incentive to make who you are known after changing the name. And again, gem cost with this feature would be nice. But since it is already in place, we can only wait and see. Should be soon.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm for both of these

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So GB wants to play, does he? :)

Added to the list:

@LorneGreene Feared
    @MeanJoeGreen Eared
    @Gangnam Weird
    @Kerosene Seared
    @Hygiene Smeared
    @Ganglion Fired
    @Polystyrene Buccaneer
    @Gangbang Volunteered

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

10,000 gems and I'll change it to buyers choice permanently. Name changed upon receipt of gems.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Sell ad space on your account ...brilliant:). Atari banner will be a Verizon ad in a few days android raiding apples market space ahh the pirate way.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll whore out the Atari banner for a few thousand* a week. :)

*the "few thousand" refers to currency, preferably US Dollars and wired directly to my account.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Don't most games have rules against any type of advertisement by players. Sorry to rain on your gem parade lol

10. Debbie downer much? Lol he had it all planed out already :D.