Next update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjays92, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Has the update started yet? :D

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

In short... I'm not sure. Hopefully this summer, although we're all working from home, and are still working out some of the finer points of the technical side of things (namely my home connection is a bit rubbish - we're on a temporary 4G router connection, we hadn't got around to getting proper broadband installed, and now we can't!). We should be able to get there eventually though.

Oak Island likes this.
  3. Yay, my maxxed troops will be maxxed for a bit longer. :)

4. thanks for the reduced recruit times. :)

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Ouch that's rough. Thank you for all your work!!

Oak Island likes this.
  6. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Hey @Lynsey [Midoki] I was just wondering if the newly developed LPs will be part of the next update? If my memory serves me, you mentioned two new LPs were drawn up quite awhile ago. Fingers crossed they will come with PH15! Any info on that would be awesome!

thanks!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  7. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Hi @Lynsey [Midoki] - perhaps you missed my last post, above, from April 21, but could you respond to that still please? Are we getting new LPs with the next update? Also, a general update on the next update would be awesome. How are things coming along? Summer is right around the corner so do we think the update will be soon? Another couple months? Any spoilers you can give us? New buildings, troops, defenses coming?? Anything at all would be great since we haven’t heard much for several months.

Thanks and happy sailing!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  8. Jaiz

Jaiz Powder Monkey

All active players are waiting for the next update.
    Too boring now and maybe many players will leave the game including me

Capt. Overkill likes this.
  9. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Yes, and @Lynsey [Midoki] hasn’t even replied to my question going back to April 21. Wonder if she’s even checking this forum anymore at this point? It’s not like I have been asking unreasonable questions. Perhaps too busy to respond? If that’s the case then hopefully the update would be coming soon. Either way it’s frustrating when your simple questions can’t even be addressed.

Capt. Overkill and 850arrr like this.
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I agree it would be nice to get an update on the update. I hope Lynsey is ok!

I’d also like to request a event reward change now or when the update comes :rolleyes:, and put out for comment/poll - who would like to see the Dapper Chest go away as a Final Event reward. TBH, I’d rather get almost any other chest instead, but GEMS would be BEST. A final reward should be substantial. An outfit is not. At minimum, make it a guaranteed gold outfit and level ups (roughly same $10usd value as gem reward in other events)...

850arrr and Èlan like this.
  11. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I couldn’t agree more. A dapper at the end of an event is truly disappointing as most times it’s just some random outfit no one needs or wants. Basically the same as the tailors chest. I don’t see why the dapper is any better, but it is often the final reward, which should signify a milestone for a real reward, like gems or a shiny outfit, as you said in your post @MorganFlint. Thank you for bringing this up, I have been thinking the same thing for a long, long time and never remember to mention it here.

cheers,

-Oak

Capt. Overkill and 850arrr like this.
  12. I'd like to second that. A change to the rewards for the events would be greatly appreciated.

A change to the Dapper and a change to the other chest to include more chests with BP. Anyone else sitting flush with everything but BP? If BP stands for Battle Points, why do Battles return so little? I'm better off farming for BP by sailing or watching ads. I guess I could buy some Marvelous Warchests with gems to try to get some BP. Anyone else tried that?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    850arrr likes this.
  13. Rum Runner

Rum Runner Powder Monkey

My guild is restless as well and have began calling the dapper closet the diaper closet .... cause it's full of crap... updates and something new must come soon ...or I may start losing members...

14. Rum Runner

Rum Runner Powder Monkey

My guild is getting extremely restless with the game ... especially with the diaper closet at the end of an event ...being the top chest....sad .. many have expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of something new. I appreciate the difficulties your going through Lynsey... and hope your ok... but we need something new sooner than "soon"..I got crew getting ready to leave permanently!!

Capt. Overkill likes this.
  15. Lynsey [Midoki]

It'll be a new Pirate Hall and associated buildings/defences, but no new LPs. The update is likely to take a bit longer, as the pandemic has rather thrown a spanner in the works.

The Dapper only contains Legendary Outfits, whereas the Tailor's Chest contains all rarities. I can certainly take a look at changing around the Event rewards though.

16. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

Please... no more walls

850arrr likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a pirate in possession of a new Pirate Hall, must be in want of new walls".

Dplank Beard likes this.
  18. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

Yes,I agree hopefully she is safe, cuz realistically what little response we get from her is the only proof that they haven't just thrown the game into the trash. As far as event rewards, they're clearly hurting for money that's they've cheapened the rewards, outfits for the foreseeable future....

19. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

I agree with what other people have said, the game has been in the loo for years and every time a new PH and walls are introduced it's been met with extreme distaste (along with the outfits )please enough, if you have a bed with bed bugs you don't get in and roll around, you tear it up and start over. Likewise people see the lack of interest in doing some serious renovation work to the game and realise that their time could be spent elsewhere... thanks midoki for social distancing yourself from the true updates the game needs.

20. I can’t believe I am going to say this, but can I be serious for a moment? No. ;). Would it be possible to have a sale on name changes? Not for me you understand, I am still and always will be me. But one of my minions wants to go back to an old name, it made more sense. 5000 gems is a little steep. Any help would be gratefully received, plus it would stop my minion from nagging me.....:p