Nexting Bug

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Daddy P, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Why do I and others all of the sudden keep getting kicked back to home base after a few nexts (sometimes it doesn't even next to an opponent). Seems like the price per next still gets deducted too. Very aggravating.

850arrr likes this.
  2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

That has always been an issue at the higher ranks for me. Been that way for nearly a year. What rank are you at?

850arrr likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Around 700.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Same. Up high sometimes I pay just to refresh my screen. Lol. Or I'll get the same base 3 times in a row before it brings me home.

850arrr likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Daddy P I reported this issue (along with the presentation of the same opponent time & time again when you hit next also) awhile ago to Midoki support and was advised that the problem is a network 'connection' problem and nothing that can do their end.. (happy to post full correspondence).

Although the connection seems to be good enough to take my 400 gold each time (30-40 times/attack). Funnily enough I was in the 700's as well when this issue was at it's worst.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's definitely NOT a connection issue. My connection is strong. It's a matchmaking algorithm issue.

7. Ian

Ian Commodore

I thought the same, but their response is quite final on my inquiry.. Maybe everyone who has this issue should contact Midoki support (we all can't have connection issues)
    My connection seems to be good enough when it come time to buy GEMS. But hey, I'm not a Dev or even that technical when it comes to computers.. I'm just a customer

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Maybe it's a 'server' connection/bandwidth issue... ;)

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Then they need to upgrade their servers and pay for more bandwidth. LOL

10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I've got EPB, the fastest internet connection on the planet a couple of years ago when President visited and dubbed us Gig City. So definitely not a connection issue.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

ugh... now I hate you. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::mad: (notice the green with envy faces)

Becker Redbeard and Daddy P like this.
  12. Ian

Ian Commodore

So your suggesting that the support team were not being as supportive as they could have been? Obviously cheaper to 'fob' one customer off than address the real issue..

Bear likes this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd never* imply such a thing.

*ok.. maybe i would

Ian likes this.
  14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

This exact thing has been happening to me all day. My rank is 701. Half the time I next it takes me back to my base. Then I next the same lootless and pr-less base 4-5 times then return to my base. Then forge ahead and next a few more lootless bases or +0 pr rumble rivals, then back to base. What the heck? Come on Midoki. This sux. You should want people ranking up. This is down right impossible. And as soon as I log off, I'll drop 10-24 pr.

Ian likes this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

All I can suggest is log a support ticket and see if you get the same response I got.. :( But agree, with that until this is resolved it makes moving up in PR very frustrating..

16. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I encountered this for the first time this morning. I haven't been rank pushing for a long time and got this when I was at a humble ~PR500, there should be plenty of opponents at ~500.

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

This has occurred to me at various ranks, but its much more severe at really high ranks where the opponent pool is small, especially outside of rumbles.

18. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Skye, yes when I was encountering it in the high 800 & above - I put it down to the small pool of players.. But Like @Daddy P and @c00ni I still saw the same in the low 700's; I would expect more variety, especially when you are paying 400 gold each time and up to 30-40 times (it gets a bit monotonous. But the 'official' line from those that should know, is that it is a 'connection' problem at our end.

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I bet I nexted 20 times this morning each time only returning to my base. Going to try and record the lunacy tonight and post.

Ian likes this.
  20. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

This is not a client side connection issue. This is midoki system issue. Considering it mainly happens high in the ranks. Not usually low in ranks.

Skye likes this.