Nexting Bug

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Daddy P, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Booty isle, I thought that too.. just reporting on the 'offical' response from the support centre and until more people complain, I suspect nothing will change

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

What's worse. Is when I break my shield just to return to my own island

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

:mad: Grrrrr.... yes, have had that.. very frustrating

4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I just had this issue while rank pushing a couple days ago. It happened a lot when I was above 700. Now back down in the 500's there is no problem.

5. The Reaper

The Reaper Powder Monkey

It's definitely not a a connection issue on the users end. There are a number of members in our guild who are I around the 700 range and have been experiencing this problem. I tried to start a battle about 15 times the last time I logged on and just kept getting sent back to my base...... just gave up and logged off. Pretty annoying.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Half our guild is having this problem.

7. Ian

Ian Commodore

Then I can only recommend that members start logging support tickets and create a paper-trail for this issue.

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I would very much like them to make it so shield doesn't actually break unless you initiate the attack.

Bear and Ian like this.
  9. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I agree. Revenging should be treated same. I hate breaking shield to revenge a base that is under shield

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] The top 25 of our guild are ranked 600-888. We are all having the same issue with a tiny number of bases to next through and most times you just get kicked back to your base when you hit next. This is immensely frustrating and removes all incentive of ranking 600+. Is this on the Midoki's radar for adjustment? It's very clearly not a connection issue. It appears that the matching formula is tied to too small of a player base. This annoyance is coupled with only getting matched with bases with +0-3 pr while a loss to someone is -24 pr. Way out of balance, especially if hitting a maxed PH 9 base.

See also: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/improvements-at-the-higher-ranks.5075/

850arrr and Ian like this.
  11. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I really don't think they can fix this issue. It is more than likely cause by there being no bases in the pool to choose from. Considering u are high in rank and very few ppl are up there right now. If everyone is on shield or many people are searching for an opponent all the available bases are taken. This bug has been happening for atleast 8 months now. This is nothing *new*

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  12. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Whether it is "new" or not is not the issue. It needs adjusting. There are plenty of PH 9 bases for high ranked players to hit if Midoki adjusts the matching so that any PH 9 is open to attack, regardless of where they are ranked--in other words, you cant hide in the 100s. Also, the +pr needs to be adjusted as described so that hitting a base with equivalent or similar strength will not yield the ludicrous +1-3 PR/-24 PR disparity. Right now the game is dead over 650. With players already maxing their ph 9 bases they will quickly have nothing to do cause ranking up is not an attractive option at all.

850arrr likes this.
  13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Will be interesting to see what response (if any)
    I could accept this excuse when I was in the 900's; but, remember the scope is around +/- 200PR, (please correct if wrong), so there should be plenty of available bases for someone sitting around the 700 mark (scope should then be the same PH between 500-900) which is where all this seems to occur. I agree with @Daddy P this needs to be adjusted if they want members to start climbing again.

Booty isle likes this.
  14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Yeah I don't think the 200 range is near enough. I am 756 pr right now, which puts me at world 48. So only less than 50 pirates for me to even hit over my pr. At 700 pr, there are only 85 world players. At 600, there are only 175 world players. Waaaaaaaaaay too small a pool to draw from. They need to drop the pr factor or make base strength primary for matchmaking with pr secondary if there is a large enough pool to draw from to prioritize the higher ranked bases. Unfortunately, I think the reality is there just are not enough players playing this game. Need to do some advertising Midoki. :confused:

850arrr likes this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

Matching on base strength would also eliminate the issue of a 'max'd PH9 base sitting at (PR100) attacking you in a rumble and taking -26PR but if you revenge, or get them in a rumble you are offered +0

Becker Redbeard, 850arrr and Daddy P like this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

This really chaps my hide!

17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Midoki response is that it has been reviewing this issue and hope to have a solution out soon. May involve expanding the matchmaking slightly. As we partly suspected, the issue has been caused, in part, by players being online and active far more often since the launch of Legendary Pirates, so being unavailable to fight or shielded after an attack. I think it's more than that since this problem preceeded the update, but expanding the matchmaking should be a good thing.

Ian likes this.
  18. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

New York City!!!

19. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

With every new update, masses drop to hit easier bases for more loot. There will be a greater pool after more players approach max upgrades, but you may be right to suggest some dynamic changes. Consider that just like rumbles, you'll be exposed to lower ranks and a potential bigger PR loss if that matters (presumably it does carry some wieght for those on LB).
    Unfortunately the leaderboard has always been manipulated and has received little attention. At this point, there may be only one obvious manipulator at the top, slowly dropping.

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

At least a positive response to the situation