Oh Dear,how bad is the New Rumble Scoring?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by RockyT, Oct 31, 2015.

1. RockyT

RockyT Guest

2. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Thanks 850 I do understand and agree with you in general.I just didn't realise that every person who plays this game who has PH5 or under is classified as a mini.

3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Not every player who is PH5 or less is a mini (a significant number are genuine newer players). However the game was 'exploited' (quite legitimately) to such a large extent - that it has forced the devs to make a dramatic change in order to rebuild the reputation of rumbles.

Over time naturally the devs can modify the new scoring system, if necessary - but initially the primary focus had to be on creating a system that wasn't as open to exploitation.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I still feel a better solution, rather than making it easier for new players to compete (which will lead to abuse), is to make it easier for newer players to get to a higher PH level. PH 1-6 could probably have their build times cut drastically, the academy training times cut drastically, and even the costs cut drastically. PH7 is when things start to become a bit more interesting, and getting more players to higher levels faster not only helps the new players compete, but gives experienced players a much larger matchup pool, and bringing in more active endgame players is a great step towards keeping certain classes of player types playing longer.

If instead of taking like 3 months to max ph6 and get to PH7, it took a couple weeks, it would help all those players catch up and actually count in rumbles. PH7/8/9 will still take months a piece to complete, but at least they won't be too far behind. A lot of design decisions are being made against making sure things aren't broken at early levels, but by shepherding players to a somewhat advanced level faster, there's less backwards compatibility holding things back as well. You don't have to worry about making sure the new greatest feature works at ph3, you just have to test balance at endgame :)

5. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

You know, it would be simple to make it easier for the newbies, but why should they. It took me 400 days to get where I am, and the same for many others. Typically, many want all the good things now, yesterday, without putting in the time. Well, to hell with that. Make them work! Make them go through what we all went through. These low level PH's need to get over themselves. Finally an aspect of the fame that benefits the long time players. Well done Midoki. You got this 100% correct.

I don't want the process of progression sped up. I want it as it was for me. Enjoy newbies, play the game as it is and get over yourselves.

Christy, Ian and 850arrr like this.
  6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Huhhhh? Uhhh no, that would be a huge slap in the face to all of us who played this game from the get go.

The current scoring is damn near spot on if you ask me.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not saying they SHOULD do it, I'm just saying I'd prefer the players to be shuffled up into attackable range rather than just making them competitive as is. I'd rather neither happened.

8. LYM

LYM Captain

I couldn't give to stuffs about mini accounts. What's the point in having two mid accounts when you can have one max one.

With regards to rumble scoring it's not the points gained. It's the ranking system, I'd rather see with a max score ranking or total score ranking for each guild

9. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Our guild is still Rumbling despite our grouch about the new scoring system. Haven't seen any close results, during all our match ups since.There is a huge gulf between the scores. It's great news that the minis have gone from the game, but unfortunately the Rumbles are no longer exciting or fun to take part in. Hopefully the scoring system will be re jiggled soon to bring the fun back.

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Really?? We've been in numerous rumbles where's it been an all out fight for the win. We have a mix of PH levels in our guild but the majority is PH9 so maybe that has something to do with our tight match ups.

11. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Wow, Another big change to the Rumble scoring. First off all it was lets penalise the newbies to the game who scored in the rumbles, now it is role reversal and it seems to be, lets penalise the guys and girls who have worked their asses off getting to PH10
    Unfortunately this game seems to be governed by clowns and this is the reason the Rumbles are now a joke. Time for a boycott,I think until the rules are in black and white and can not be changed at the drop of a hat. All previous rumble scores and stats should now be wiped because they are not accurate any more.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

They announced months in advance they were going to be updated to take PR into consideration. It wasn't at the drop of a hat.

PH10 are not being penalized. PH10 still get considerably more points than other PH, provided you are at a high enough PR and are attacking another PH10. It actually helps PH10 who are at high ranks. This only penalizes the people who sit at low ranks and pick off low level players.

13. RockyT

RockyT Guest

It surely dosn't take a rocket scientist to work out a fair scoring system for the Rumbles. Why can't the circus devise one and bloody stick to it. Never played a game before where the goal posts keep getting moved so much.

850arrr and Becker Redbeard like this.
  14. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Disagree Skye, that is absolute nonsense. What do you classify as a high enough PR for a level 10 PH? Yes they are penalised, maybe you don't have anyone in your guild under PH10, if you do, have a wee look and see how much they are scoring and come back and tell me it's fair.

850arrr likes this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

We don't have anyone under PH8, most are ph10 with a couple ph9, and we all score plenty. As a PH10, without spending a single gem, I could easily break 10k pp with the current system in the course of a rumble, despite any changes to it that have been made.

A high enough PR to have the same points as before is 401-500. At 301-400 its only a 10% reduction, which doesn't really change much. Above 500 you start getting extra points. Higher PH were always meant to be higher ranked, whether we wanted to be or not, and this helps prevent people dropping rank to farm. We were never meant to sit low fighting PR1 bases, and this helps prevent that.

awbo likes this.
  16. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

Now that Battle Points are 3rd tier, can we get more for actually battling? Well over half of my BP (maybe 90%) comes from chests.