PH Thirteen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NinjaNurse, Jan 2, 2019.

1. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

So we're getting Pirate Hall Thirteen soon. This is excellent. But what's going to come with it?

Sea Patriot likes this.
  2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Bells, whistles, smoke, mirrors...:D

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

:) Lol

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m hoping battle points get a shot in the arm across the game. Otherwise it might be a long time... if EVER to be able to afford all the upgrades.

Oak Island and Sea Patriot like this.
  5. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Just saw the “new” academy teaser in game, wondering if it’s even any different than PH12 version? Looks exactly the same. I’m all for getting more updates but also love design changes. Thus far midoki has done extremely well in the various designs of buildings and defenses but ph12 brought a simple color change and now ph13 perhaps even less change? Hey @Lynsey [Midoki] can you help explain this? Are the developers just short on time? I love updates but an actual update of the buildings design would be ideal.

Cheers!

-Oak

MorganFlint likes this.
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The new Academy in the News image is actually... Academy level 11. We're hoping to update with the actual image of Academy level 12 soon!

As for the design of the upgrades, some just get a new coat of paint (to match the Pirate Hall), some get additional tweaks to their models (longer spikes, changes to the skull decorations), and others have more involved changes to their models. It's going back a bit to the earlier days of the game, when each upgrade would be a minor visual update on the previous level, so they gradually evolved. However, we got to PH9 and everything went a bit bonkers, so we've been trying to bring it back to being a bit more coordinated and classically piratey. As we've added more and more buildings, the time it takes to do a PH update increases, so, practicality-wise, going back to making more subtle changes means that we've been able to put out two Pirate Halls relatively quickly (within 6 months of each other, rather than 1-2 years).

850arrr and MorganFlint like this.
  7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Faster cosmetic changes mean time for more content making ;)

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I’m okay with PH13 upgrades, my only complaint is having to hit next over 20 times before finding any decent loot. Maybe like I mentioned a long time back, possibly make strongholds to where we can attack them and they respawn after a few days. That would be a great way to find accessible loot.

850arrr likes this.
  9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Looks like they updated the game news. I’m liking the look of the new academy. Pretty sweet!

10. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’m curious why mystic mortars seems to have been forgotten about. Compared to other defenses, their hp is extremely low. Even their stun time compared to mystic mines is not even close! Not that I’m looking for other ways to spend bp (they were expensive to upgrade as far as I remember) but it’s been ph 7-8 I think since they got an upgrade.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Mystic Mortars are still pretty powerful in terms of their stun duration, and, unlike Mystic Mines that only hit once, can be in action for a good chunk of the battle if they're well placed. They'll have an upgrade (along with the PC) with PH14 though! ;)

12. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t like to @Lynsey [Midoki] you every time I post, but I’ve been talking about bp shortages recently. With ph 12 and 13 we’ve needed (I’m guessing) 2-2.5m bp to finish everything that comes with another ph. Is there any hope that the bp drops will be tuned up? Already talking ph 14, so I’m just planning ahead. Speaking for myself and others who are slightly above average players in terms of time spent on the game/gems spending, why should we scraping rock bottom for bp? The amounts needed now are insane compared to what we receive in chest rewards and general gameplay. I really enjoy the game and my guild so I’m hoping I’m not gonna get stumped for bp and give up just because of that. :(

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

You have my sympathies - I'm down to my last 6k BP, and I've not even upgraded any defences. Or my Academy. And only one of my LPs is level 30! :(

However, we also have a lot of players who are still somewhat abundant in BP, so it's not as simple as ramping up the BP rewards (as much as I'd very much like to! :p) As with any new Pirate Hall launch, we'll be keeping an eye on the economy, and making tweaks as needed, if it looks like there's any widespread shortages.

Intimidator likes this.
  14. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I am very low on BP now too, but i have still a few unopened swashbuckler booties which could help in emergencies for defense upgrades. I don‘t wanna even think about LP upgrades and the huge BP ammounts they need. Their training is not that urgent atm like to upgrade our defenses. And many of us doesn‘t have enough materials for them anyway :(.

All those players wich have had a maxed ph 11 for over 2 years and played actively all the time, they have still enough BP left after upgrading to max ph 12 now for ph 13. But players which have played for example only 600d+ they just didn‘t have the time to gain and stash that much BP.
    For events like Thunderstruck and Plundertime the BP output for a fight and rewards could be double or 5 times higher as usually. :) To encourage and help a little bit players which have not 1-2M stashed BP.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Intimidator likes this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Im noticing ph 13 upgrade screen could be incorrect. Ph12 details says it does 26 damage. However, when you click on upgrade it says 32 damage +8 when upgraded. Is ph 12 a 26 damage unit or 32? My mates that couldn’t wait say ph13 has 40 damage.

16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I wish I could gift some of my swashbuckler’s booty chests. Perhaps we can get an option to gift resources to guildmates?

Intimidator likes this.
  17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I did some quick math in my head and figured about a 2 years, probably 4 now to max legends to ph 13 levels lol. Current bp takeaway from my playing is low sided 25k/ high 50k+ That is rumbling decently twice a week and finishing every event that I can think of. Single events likely I didn’t get a dapper here and there but no biggie to me. That also include little down time of my ship and running errands like a madman when I can. So I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. When they figure the bp level across the game are they taking into account dead accounts that never finished upgrade but racked up a decent amount. Also I know max players who have loads of bp but never maxed legends due to not wanting to farm grog. Full silos and chest stack to the moon but never actually went for maxing lps.

While I don’t have chest to share with anyone, I would gladly gift materials instead of throwing them out. No bp means no upgrading legends means full silo shortly. Sooo...I guess at some point I’ll be stacking chest.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's both! All of the Pirate Halls with guns (so Pirate Hall 9 upwards) have two different damage values, according to their range - you sacrifice damage for extra range with one setting, and sacrifice range for extra damage with the other. So Pirate Hall 12 does 32 damage when set to medium range, and 26 when set to short range, with a +8 increase in both when going up to level 13 (so they upgrade to 40 and 32).

The upgrade screen will show the value to whatever range your Pirate Hall is currently set to.

EDIT: Edited for clarity!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Ok gotcha. I don’t recall the short/medium range button being on the ph details screen. Is that new or I just missed it? Also didn’t know each setting had a different damage value. However it shows (ph details) reverse of what you explained...short range has 26 and medium 32 according to what I’m looking at. Is that an oopsie?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

The range change button has been in the PH details screen since PH 9, so since July 2015!

As for the numbers being the wrong way - yes, that's an oopsie, the values have been set the wrong way round. That'll be fixed shortly!

Intimidator likes this.