PH8! Let's speculate!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Something as simple as an adjustable-range Ground pounder would solve the Chaos base glut issue, IMO. People want to use them, it has a fixed rectangular range, so you're going to see more rectangular bases, ad Chaos just happens to be an effective one.

2. Jun

Jun First Mate

My thoughts too. Haven't seen someone say that maxed defenses are too good..

3. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

@Lynsey [Midoki] Defenses used to be underpowered but lately juggs won't always attack damaged walls caused by bombers which has made defenses much stronger. Not sure if there is a path finding issue causing this or,if everything is working as intended but it is quite frusterating.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Also, Santa and Frankenbrute were extremely helpful. Losing them is like losing your star runningback in football. I can't imagine 3 starring a max base with an additional 25 max walls and more weapons (coming soon). Not unless they make some SERIOUS upgrades to offense as well.

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think the new academy lvl 7 will have some nice upgrades for the units. I hope they took a look at the recruiting time though, since it will be a lot worse

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

They have made several comments about new skills, and tweaks to existing troops. I suspect many of the unused ones will be made much more useful. (read: powerful) Especially if we're getting new levels of defenses and even a L2 Ground Pounder.

Tex and Edward Kenway like this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

for some reason I liked your post before reading it :D haha

Kelani likes this.
  8. Tex

Tex Commodore

If this is true that would be very well received. So tired of using the same troops every battle. Now I'm wondering which of those useless troops I should upgrade first?

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

All my troops are maxed except the priestess, 2 more skills left. I figured it would be a good idea to upgrade them all if they decide to boost them in the future, maybe they will be useful after all.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, really man, can you ever go wrong doing that? :D

Yeah, Midoki's aware that half the troops aren't being used because their hire times are too long, and they're essentially useless. Making those guys more useful is a good way to help break the Chaos base stranglehold.

They did a lot of work on those troops before the game was released. Now they have a few months of data that shows what's not working, and are rebalancing. I'd expect that process to continue for as long as the game evolves.

小绿(Green) and Edward Kenway like this.