PIRATE RANK BOOSTING

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by -APES-, Dec 30, 2014.

1. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

It is becoming more clear now that a greater number of guilds are PIRATE RANK BOOSTING. Really not sure why or what a person gets out of it but I do know this, PR boosting is taking away the competitive fun from the game. Right now there are 2 ways to measure oneself in the game, Pirate rank and guild rank. PR boosting has skewed both these measuring sticks and thus diluted the competitive nature from the game. Not sure what the answer is or how to move forward from it just know that its a problem, a problem that can impact the future for this game.

Kind regards
    A concerned Gamer

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah...I'm less than pleased with how it's progressing. Luckily my guild seems more concerned with comraderie and fun rather than pushing to the top. If we were concerned with rank pushing we'd have lost interest in the game two months ago.

3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Aye. Without the guild I would have quit months ago. There really is no way to evaluate yourself as a player in this game. Rank dropping to farm and rank bumping at the top have made Pirate Rank a completely meaningless stat.

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  4. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Couldn't agree more with the social aspect of the game. Our guild membership is approaching 150 strong and the in game chi chat is great. But there still has to be the common thread of competition that continues to drive a team or individual and this I fear will soon be lost.

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

150? Now that's a neat trick! :) I want 150 members!

That aside, I agree with everything everyone said above.

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

How does one get 150 guild members o_O I'm blonde and confused

7. Check out their Pirates United guilds, one original, then X and Y :) they seem like solid guys :)

-APES- likes this.
  8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

And I thought we were the only ones with a farm team.

9. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Appologies..... Cough cough guilds membership. :)

10. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Christy....Truly my intent was never to confuse you. In fact under this gruff exterior I am a natural blonde as well.

Christy likes this.
  11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I just beat someone from Y :) didnt know until after when I reviewed

12. Christy

Christy Commodore

It's ok :D I confuse easily :cool:

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

#BlondeProblems :)

Captain Harlock and Christy like this.
  14. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

It's very true. The game has gotten so stale for me that I'm really not even playing anymore. I really hope something gets implemented soon that makes the game playable again. PR is such a joke that the thought of pushing nauseates me. So sad to see a game with such tremendous promise die off so quickly.

15. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

Yeah ive touched on this a few times, I buy gems but like 1200 once a month or so, so yes gemming does come with its advantages and it can boost your guild to top 5 or so but these chinese guilds are just getting so stupid and as ive said before alot of people are leaving the game cause theyre just jumping to top ranks over night which is almost virtually impossible, idk what can be done but soon midoki will just have chines and shit playing wheres the profit in that when theyre are just doing there little trick and doing it for free? Figure it out midoki i love your game but is that enough?

Christy likes this.
  16. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

It would help making away with shields.
    Developers better find another way to draw out gems from players.
    The only way to hold on for boosted ranker is a shield. Without shield they are just fat ducks to hunt.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I admire their ability to work together forming alliances and obtaining top ranking within the guidelines set forth by the developers. I have no issue with it at all. What amazes me is the lukewarm response I have gotten from some when I approach other guilds asking if they would be onboard to go against the top guild at their own game. If you think once guild wars start the Chinese will suddenly be easy pickings, think again. Many Chinese are smart gamers, and the ones I have been on team with are always at the top of their game. :)

18. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I am now in top 50 in this game and I have realized all the players above me are cheating... They are all in the same guild and quiting the guild just to lose to each other to boost their ranks. They then join right back up in the guild. This is absolutely cheating. I am currently ranked # 39 in the game and have got there through winning consistently without losing. It's hard! They are cheaters! No one in my guild is ranked above 400. They couldn't find me to fight me if they tried. In the top I only get 5 islands to choose from to fight at a time. Because of the alogorythm this game uses it makes it easy for them to cheat

19. Floki

Floki Captain

I want to go up there and...[​IMG]

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The sad thing is, they're not technically cheating. They're exploiting a flaw in the game that anyone could also exploit, if they wanted. Still very annoying, and is causing tons of problems, so I think there will be some steps made to put an end to it. Just wish they'd hurry up and get here. :(

Christy and Floki like this.